Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation

on December 3, 2011
This is basically an ad for Tim's next book that's nearly a year from coming out. This shouldn't be a surprise as the title clearly states 4-Hour Chef Teaser, but reading the reviews you may think this is something earth shattering and it really isn't much more than advertising, albeit very clever and well done.

That being said, the app is beautifully designed. Great graphics, a small amount of interesting information, and some tie in to the 4-Hour Body. I found it interesting, but these don't really apply until a week before Christmas. My biggest complaint is that it's 172MB with lots of pretty graphics but not a lot of content. Even given the size, nearly every section still requires external content and thus a wifi connection. I'm a big fan of nice looking well written apps, but given the size I would have expected a little more content.

In my opinion though, it's worth the download for the exploding cow graphic alone.

I'd love to see something similar to this for the 4-Hour Body that could tie everything together from the book, making things easier to track and reference. Come on Tim, make it happen buddy.
on December 8, 2011
This app is interactive and contains a few holiday recipes and tips. It is mostly just an ad for the 4-Hour Chef and is trying to get to you to pre order a product being sold by amazon. It is a good preview if you were wondering about the 4 Hour Chef but it isn't an app with any real functionality.
on December 13, 2011
Nice application but when I tried to use, my Kindle froze! I was not able to close the app and had to shut down my Kindle to get out of it.
on December 8, 2011
5 Stars! Yup. I felt that it was necessary rate the app and not the advertising as quite a few reviewers have griped about. As far as design goes this is a very clean and user friendly application. I think it totally serves its purpose giving the user some FREE recipes and other goodies....did I mention that the app is free?!?! I am actually perfectly okay with the advertising and think that is done much more tastefully than most of the other annoying and obtrusive ads that you see on other apps. Thanks for the app Tim and I hope that you can utilize awesome platforms like this more often to compliment your books!!!
on December 22, 2011
Hi Tim,

Firstly, nice app. Has some cool features, good recipes, and I'm REALLY looking forward to the book.

On to why the app isn't rated 4 stars: While the app is quite cool, it is a bit buggy. After just a few seconds, the app ran into some problems - I had a weird error message pop up which forced it to quit (I don't remember the exact wording), and it froze my Kindle up for a bit afterwards. I remember when someone posted a review about an error message early after the app was released, you wrote on facebook that you believed it was untrue, but it happened almost immediately after I started using it. And it was 100% related to the app, and not anything else that was happening on my Kindle - sorry!

I'm a huge supporter, you've had a very positive impact on my life, and I wish only the best for you - but I would consider looking into this type of error with your programmers before releasing any future apps. If you like, I can try recreating the error somehow and jotting down exactly what pops up.

Regardless I have the book preordered =)

Keep on being awesome!
on January 15, 2014
This was really fun, bright graphics, interactive, easy and intuitive to use! There is some advertising in it... but it IS (or was) free, and it says in the title it's just a TEASER. Keep that in mind and you'll love it.
on February 22, 2012
This app is great. I love to cook and this app is perfect for that. I highly recommend. this app.
on December 8, 2011
I pre-orded the 4-Hour Chef at Tim's insane discount for my Kindle Fire and didn't have much hope for the app. Free apps are usually free for a reason (and if they don't have time to make an iOS version - do they actually care about the mobile space at all) - but I figured I'd give it a try.

The recipes - at this point I can only say they look great. We plan on making a bunch of them. It's a few twists on the traditional Holiday eats.

The wine trick - it works wonders.

The pre-Christmas diet plan - Not sure if I'll follow it this year but it's clearly laid out and the kind of interaction you want in this kind of app.

The cow thing - very cool.

This is a teaser and I don't expect to spend hours with the app, but it's a great taste of what's to come with the new book (can't wait Tim - can we still submit recipes?) and a great example of where these things can go.

Re the other reviews - Haven't had a single crash problem on it. Have run more than enough Android Apps on the Kindle to have it crash plenty of times (has anyone gotten Pandora to work for more than one song).

Highly recommended.
on September 7, 2013
Lots of entertainment in here. I can skip around this book for months. Once in a while I even learn something, like how to get the fur off a squirrel. Wouldn't have thought of that!
on December 8, 2011
This app would make a great addition / supplement to the book, assuming it would have a lot more content and some more features.