5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Christmas Vacation fans!
Published on December 13, 2012 by T. Foor

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy this!
The cup feals really cheap, but it was expensive!!! Wish I never bought it. Stear clear of this rip off and buy real glass!
Published on December 11, 2012 by shawn

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for Christmas Vacation fans!, December 13, 2012
This review is from: Christmas Eggnog Moose Mugs - Gift Boxed Set of 2 - Safer Than Glass
I chose these over actual glass for several reasons. These are a one-piece design so the ears can't come off. They are not glass and certainly not as prone to breakage. They hold 8 oz of liquid instead of 6 oz. We had egg nog out of them the first night we had them. They look exactly like the licensed, glass moose mugs but I will feel better letting people use them and packing them away each year. This is something I have wanted for years and I love them!

UPDATE: OK, after reading some of the horrible reviews, I have an update. If you do compare these side by side with the licensed, glass originals (as I just did), no, they are not EXACTLY the same. However, I don't think anyone coming over to drink out of them would notice. As an AVID Christmas Vacation fan, I did not notice until I compared photos side by side. Also, if you read the licensed product reviews, people say the glass is flawed on the originals, especially where the antlers attach to the mug (they are only glued on). You don't have that on these because they are all one piece. A lot of people report receiving the glass ones broken. Also, these hold 8 oz of liquid and reviews on the glass ones state anywhere from 4 oz to 6 oz of liquid. I also don't find that these feel "cheap". Are they as heavy as glass? No. But the product description CLEARLY states, "... light weight, glass-like, crystal clear acrylic." Also, I know when people see these (including kids!) they will want to drink out of them. I feel a lot better letting people use a more sturdy, less-breakable option when I just paid $20 per mug!

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Eggnog Moose Mugs - Set of 2, November 5, 2009
This is the same Moose Mug as seen in the National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation movie, starring Chevy Chase. This is the acrylic version, which I chose over the glass one so I don't have to worry about chipping or breaking it with use, and it's lightweight to hold and drink from.

This is a very fine reproduction, and the acrylic looks just like glass. I'm totally happy with the mugs. They cost about $5 each more than the glass, but they look beautiful and they should be easier to care for than the glass model. I would not put them in the dishwasher but gently wash them by hand, to keep their crystal clear glass appearance.

These mugs are a great way to truly complete the festivity of the Christmas season. They are sure to bring a smile and a laugh to any Christmas gathering.

4.0 out of 5 stars NOT The Same As In The Movie., January 24, 2012
To be clear, these mugs are great. Unfortunately they are not in fact the ones from the movie. I thought perhaps I remembered the mugs wrong and rewatched the movie this past Christmas to be sure. I learned two lessons, the first being that the movie never gets old, the second being that there's a reason these aren't officially licensed. The differences don't kill how cute these mugs are (general shape of the glass is incorrect, nose is stubbier, antlers don't have as glorious a span) and if you're having a little get together quite frankly I would not risk having one of the official glass ones being broken. People will get the point if you buy these instead of the real ones and more than likely won't be able to tell that they aren't quite right. I don't regret buying these, as I said, they are great, but I'll still be making a purchase of officially licensed ones. If you're particular, save yourself the bother and get the official ones, if you aren't, these will satisfy.

See the difference?

Officially Licensed National Lampoons Christmas Vacation Glass Moose Mug - Set of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars A really "MOOSEt-HAVE" !!!, November 2, 2010
As true Christmas Vacation fan it was just a question of time enjoying eggnogg out of moose mugs. I have all kinds of stuff from CV in my collection also various mugs, but when it comes to the real use - we always end up with those great mugs. They are really beautiful designed, the cute face, the huge antlers, the crystal look, massive and worthy items - I'd say you truly get what you pay for. And since they are made of acrylic glass there's a big adavantage: YOU CAN REALLY USE THEM IN REAL LIFE!!! See, my family and friends do not much care on fragile things, they want to have fun, cheer, raise mugs, clink up. No worries. No need to put "handle with care" buttons on the mugs. No problem at all - they are as solid as they look. You can even hold them on the antlers when they are completely filled. And our kids love them as well - neither would I pass them real eggnog of course nore fragile glass mugs. So those really work for everyone. I especially worship the advantage of solidity when it comes to the 5th or 6th round of eggnogg if you know what mean...haha... (our recipe is somehow stronger than others) A great item, so much fun and a wonderful christmas present that lasts for many years. Always have in mind - you may enjoy eggnog at your friends home as well next time if they receive their own set of mugs. So its a present for everyone, also yourself. Mele Kalikimaka!!!

PS: If anyome know where I get the TAZ Mug from Clarkes Office, drop me a line. I am searching desperately to complete my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, February 8, 2009
This was exactly what they said. they look just like the ones in Christmas vacation. But they are not glass (which they tell you), Maybe alittle over priced but if your a fan worth it.
I would order from them in a minute. Quick, Quick delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars moose mugs, December 12, 2012
I procrastinated about buying theese mugs because they are a little spendy. Well,they were worth every penny! I love them. Clear, well made.A riot to drink out of. Cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Eggnog Moose Mugs - Set of 2, July 29, 2010
Jillsie (Ft. Dodge, IA United States) - See all my reviews
Just received these a couple of days ago...they're great. I'm going to purchase a couple more; glad they are finally back in stock. I like the fact that they're acrylic so I won't have to be concerned about breaking them. I wish they made a moose eggnog/punch bowl to go along w/the mugs!

5.0 out of 5 stars just as expected, May 3, 2010
J Leigh (Albany, New York) - See all my reviews
These mugs are just like the ones on Christmas Vacation. They are plastic but it is a great gift for 'Christmas Vacation' lovers!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Marty moose, July 16, 2010
RC (Louisiana) - See all my reviews
This set is great, these are just like the ones used in Christmas vacation. A must item for Christmas.....

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best, January 17, 2014
I used these for my family's good ole fashion, fun filled Griswald Christmas and they were a major hit. We are Christmas Vacation fans and my brother rolled with laughter when he saw these. They are better than glass, look close enough to the ones in the movie and will last for many years to come.