Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now DOTD

Format: Audio CDChange

on November 26, 2004
Christmas doesn't start in our house until we've played the CDs of Sounds of Blackness, Luther Vandross, BeBe & CeCe Winans, Vanessa Williams and Yolanda Adams. Well Will, you've outdone yourself!! Now we have to decide if you get bumped to #1 on our playlist.
on December 18, 2004
I have every CD ever recorded by this fabulous musicians but admittedly was a little leery of his recording a Christmas CD I was like what for- he has the love market down. well this is a beautiful CD that you can listen to alone, while working on your laptop, trimming the tree or just chilling with family and friends or the one you love. Buy it for it will truly become one of those CD's you will always pull out during the holiday season.
on November 23, 2004
This heartwarming and simply beautiful Christmas CD is truly in the same league as Nat King Cole's "The Christmas Song" CD. Why? Will Downing's velvet-smooth, breezy, heartfelt and simply scintillating vocals and delivery make him a REAL crooner--a true heir to the traditions of Cole, Billy Eckstine and others. This is one Christmas CD you'll always cherish. Check out all 10 tracks for confirmation.
on December 15, 2004
I just discovered Will Downing (where have I been all my life. This is only my 2nd CD; there will be many more to come. I have not yet finished listening to all the tracks, but he sleighed me (corny) with his rendition of Little Drummer Boy. How exotic! I'm still humming The First Noel. For me, Will Downing could sing the phone book in any language, and I would swoon. This CD will be repeatedly played in our family year after year.
on May 25, 2013
This is a nice smooth CD great for a relaxing day after work. I think Will should have raised the keys on the songs because it seemed he was reaching for those lower notes. Still a solid cd from a real singer who doesn't need to overproduce and use that autotone crap.
VINE VOICEon January 4, 2010
Will Downing's 2004 Christmas effort "Christmas, Love and You" is a really nice album to have around for the holidays. Over the course of ten tracks, Downing offers contemporary takes on yuletide classics as well as some welcome originals. A veteran of the R&B and contemporary jazz scenes, Downing has a really pleasant, mature voice and a tried-and-true approach to his art. Light guitars, piano, and percussion punctuate most of the arrangements, and many songs feature jazz sax solos as well. The whole tracklist is extremely likable, soft and easygoing to the ears yet appealing melodically. The originals are my favorite tracks: the title track is a great ballad, "Christmas Time After Time" is a heartfelt winner, and my favorite is his "All I Want for Christmas Is You," a funky and upbeat party jam. "The First Noel," "White Christmas," and "Christmas Time Is Here" also provide highlights. I definitely recommend "Christmas, Love and You" for holiday listening.
on January 13, 2014
Is there anything that this man CAN'T sing?!? I've seen him in concert three times (the maximum that my husband will allow -- with ALL respect to his wife and children), and own every CD he's put out (some in multiples). If my husband could only sing like Will...OMG!!! Would absolutely love to meet the man and mind behind that incredibly versatile, smooth, and captivating voice one day. He's had quite a journey, but undoubtedly he and his family's faith in God has made all the difference! -- Mr. Willie D!!!
on November 24, 2007
While i have to admit that i haven't been a long time Will Downing fan, i can say that he is smooth with his music and this CD is no different. I just sampled it on Amazon and it was outstanding to say the least. My favorite song is Christmas, Love and You, but they all sound good to me. I was justlooking online for some new Christmas music for this year and i recommend it to any and everyone cause i am gonna buy it for sure!
on December 20, 2006
I didn't buy this for me but I knew my mother would like it. She loves good R&B music like Luther Vandross and anything on the smooth jazz stations. It was perfect for her tastes. She put it on in her car and was happy.

The brother's voice is so smooth and mellow. I have his "Moods" CD and, oh, yes! Will = smooth. His voice reminds me of warm chocolate. Smooth, rich and dark. You know what I'm talking about.
on January 16, 2007
I thoroughly enjoyed Will Downing's Christmas CD entitled, "Christmas, Love and You." It was a very romantic CD and it certainly lived up to my expectations of what a Christmas CD should be. It also lived up to the sultry soul sound for which Will Downing is well-known. I would highly recommend this CD to anyone who wants to get into the Christmas holiday spirit, especially with their sweetheart!