5.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening with plenty of familiar songs, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
With guests including but not limited to the Puppini Sisters (Jingle bells, Frosty the snowman), Shania Twain (White Christmas) and Thalia (Mis Deseos / Feliz Navidad), this album is the kind of album we have come to expect from Michael Bublé. There is one original song here, co-written by Michael with Alan Chang and Bob Rock, that being Cold December night. You might have heard every other song here before, but Michael and his supporting team bring their own distinctive touch to each of them, sometimes staying with an easy listening sound, but veering towards jazz at other times, especially when joined by the Puppini sisters.

The real surprise to me was the inclusion of Santa baby, originally made famous by Eartha Kitt and recorded by many female singers in the years since. Even Madonna recorded it (for the first A Very Special Christmas), but I don't ever remember hearing a male version before. Then again, male versions exist of Stand by your man {the three that I know about are by David Allan Coe, Lyle Lovett and Elton John), so I shouldn't be surprised really. Michael wisely changes the lyrics to sing Santa buddy, and it works well with that modification.

On the ever-popular Silent night, Michael is superbly backed by a children`s choir. I understand that this is the most-recorded Christmas song in the world and it's hard for anybody ro do a really distinctive version while maintaining the feel of the song, but Michael and the children did well. Michael put in another fine performance on Blue Christmas, recapturing the spirit of Elvis in his own way, by jazzing it up.

Apart from the tracks already mentioned, I particularly like those that I hear less frequently (relatively speaking; they are all very familiar to me), such as It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, A holly jolly Christmas, All I want from Christmas is you (originally written and made famous by Mariah Carey) and Christmas (baby please come home), the classic Phil Spector original.

I've mentioned most of the tracks here, just leaving I'll be home for Christmas, Ave Maria (with an adult choir), The Christmas song (chestnuts roasting on an open fire), Winter wonderland and Silver bells, all of which Michael performs superbly without doing anything radically different with them.

This is an excellent Christmas album, with plenty of familiar songs but enough variation to keep it interesting.

Tracks

1. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
2. Santa Claus is coming to town
3. Jingle Bells (with the Puppini Sisters)
4. White Christmas (With Shania Twain)
5. All I want for Christmas is you
6. Holly jolly Christmas
7. Santa Baby
8. Have yourself a merry little Christmas
9. Christmas (baby please come home)
10. Silent night
11. Blue Christmas
12. Cold December night
13. I'll be home for Christmas
14. Ave Maria
15. Mis Deseos / Feliz Navidad (with Thalia)
16. The Christmas song

Bonus tracks

17. Winter Wonderland
18. Frosty The Snowman (with the Puppini Sisters)
19. Silver Bells (with Naturally 7)
20. Michael's Christmas greeting

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas All Over Again!, January 13, 2014
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
I have been looking for this album EVERYWHERE all season. I finally got my hands on the last copy at a local record store and they took it back from me at the checkout counter because, "Sorry, this item was not supposed to be out on the floor. " It is a couple weeeks after Christmas, but I'm so happy I finally have my own copy! This seller was great- the CD arrived brand new and way before the expected date, which was surprising considering it came from another country and the weather has been pretty awful the past couple weeks. I will definitely consider using this seller again in the future. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Super CD, April 3, 2013
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
Love this CD (album). Next best thing to Bing Crosby. Sent copies to my relatives. Bought it specifically for my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 20, 2012
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
Bought the cd last christmas and I really love this chistmas cd very much.. Michael Buble is a awesome singer

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Michael Buble, June 25, 2014
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
Another great Michael Buble classic, I never get tired of hearing him sing. You will be glad you bought this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trying to stretch out of our comfort zone...., April 14, 2014
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
Definitely one you can put on and listen to the entire album and enjoy it during Christmas. It was a gift and she really enjoys it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a present for my daughter, April 29, 2013
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
After having to send the first one back,(it skipped on one track), my daughter loves this cd. during the holidays, it was the only one she wanted to listen too.

5.0 out of 5 stars ❤ Michael Bublé❤, April 9, 2013
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
Great music! Love his voice! Gave to my Mom for Christmas after I downloaded it for myself of course :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wife loved it, March 3, 2013
This review is from: Christmas (Audio CD)
This was a Christmas present for my wife. She loves it. The only problem with it is now I have to listen to Michael Buble all of next December in our home (LOL!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful.., February 4, 2013
Great CD.. He has such a remarkable voice,
He took some original songs and be a twist to them and made a few new ones. Very upbeat and fun to listen to.

Christmas
Christmas by Michael Buble (Audio CD - 2012)
Rate and Discover Movies