Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 2, 2012
Concept is great. Love the daily build of the scene. The box it comes in, however is flimsy, using a punch out to open the door. Previous versions had boxes which the items were placed in. The punch out box makes it much more clearly a one time use item as an advent calendar, as opposed to the boxed item advent calendars. I was hoping to add this to the collection of others to rotate them through. This one will not work as well in that respect.
on December 2, 2011
We love the Playmobil Advent Calendar! This is our second year with the calendar(last year we had the Forest Friends set), and so far my boys(ages 4.5 and 2) are really enjoying it. The anticipation and fun of opening the doors and finding the new goodie to add to our Post Office diorama is a fun way to start each day. The set is pre-assembled with each days goodies in a separate box, so there is nothing to set up; it could not be easier! I think I might love it as much as my kids do!
review image
on December 13, 2013
Ok, maybe I'm the odd one out, but I bought this for myself, not any child. I thought that it would be a good Christmas decoration and I could have fun doing it as an advent calendar, just like the one I had when I was a kid, only much healthier (no chocolate). It really is pretty cool. I am surprised by all the little items (way too small for any child under 8 years, as if it doesn't end up in the mouth it will just get lost). The doors aren't really that hard to open once you get the hang of it. They are perforated to punch in and also have a tab that is perforated to pull the door back out. The items were in small boxes inside the calendar box so that it can be used over and over again - until the cardboard just falls apart. But the items will last forever. The background scene isn't going to last. But that's nothing that a little creativity won't fix. If this is for a child, they will need some help punching out the doors without tearing them up (unless you don't want to use it again), and help putting some of the items together. Personally, as an adult, I think it's great and we'll have much fun with it in the future too! :)
on September 13, 2012
I bought this for my 4 year old son last Christmas. (My 6 year old daughter got the Playmobil Pony calendar.) I liked that this one was Christmas themed, unlike several others. It also meant that we could pack it away at the end of the season and we will bring out the set to play with again next Christmas.

The one thing I disliked with this set is that it took several days to get something that my son actually liked. He wasn't too excited by all the mail and mail boxes and sack and desk. Then he thought the angel was too girly and gave it to his sister. For this next year, we bought the Playmobil Advent Calendar Emperor's Knights Tournament set instead - you get the King on day 1 and that is a lot more exciting.

I should mention that our family isn't big into Santa, so that may have quashed our excitement somewhat. If your family are very into the Santa idea, then this would be more of a thrill.

Update: it's time to get the Christmas things out today. My son, now 5, remembers this set from last year and started talking about it and how he wanted to get it out again. He was very excited. This was the thing that he wanted to get out first & set up and play with. So I'm glad we did get it after all.
on December 13, 2011
My kids LOVE this advent calendar. They look forward to opening a new door each day. You get a cardboard backdrop that makes playing with the pieces even more exciting. Much better (and cheaper) than the Lego advent calendars!
on December 14, 2011
My kids (8 and 10) really love this advent calendar. Since the other reviews seem to be describing younger kids, I just want to say that older kids really enjoy the hidden treasures also.
on February 3, 2014
I love the Playmobil Advent calendars. I feel they are such a better value for the money compared to other Advent sets. Every day is a real treat to open as there is really an addition to the set (compared to a few bricks on other calendars). My kids love them!
on December 20, 2012
I was looking for an affordable Playmobil toy as a gift for a 4 year old. The box barely mentioned the word "Advent" so I wasn't expecting a full advent calendar. The rercipient used it as such, though, and really enjoyed playing with the pieces as they were added day by day.,
on February 22, 2012
My daughter has several playmobil sets and LOVES them. They are pricey but are a quality toy, that allows a child to use their imagination. No batteries required! I know she will love this come december 1st 2012! All of the sets come with more then enough accessories-you can't go wrong with playmobil!
on December 20, 2013
This is our second playmobil advent calendar. I really like them. My daughter is eleven and I thought she may have outgrown this, but she still likes to set up all the figurines you get each day. We are collecting playmobil Christmas figurines and have a little scene of them in our house. Very cute. Although we are up to 3 Santas now. It would be great if Playmobil made a scene that you could use year after year.