5.0 out of 5 stars Are all of you other reviewers huffing glue?!?!
First off...I have poor vision, that's right, and I wear contacts. If you've had failed lasik boo-hoo, and then pull out your magnifying glass. Not liking a recipe book only based on the size/cover/lack of photos is the STUPIDEST thing I've heard. How many of you reviewers have Joy of Cooking in your cabinets? Yeah, that's what I thought...

All of the...
Published on August 12, 2008 by Anonymous Jess

1.0 out of 5 stars can't believe I spent money on this!
This book lists at $23.00. It is smaller in size than a paperback. The recipes are reruns from other books by the author, interspersed with family photos that could only be of interest to the people involved. (No illustrations of completed recipes). Most recipes rely heavily on ingredients such as refrigerated crescent rolls. This book is a complete rip off.
Published on November 7, 2007 by E. Anderson

1.0 out of 5 stars can't believe I spent money on this!, November 7, 2007
This review is from: Christmas with Paula Deen: Recipes and Stories from My Favorite Holiday (Hardcover)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, November 10, 2007
I,like the other reviewers, was taken by surprise at how small this cookbook is.There are no illustrations of the recipes,just pictures of Paula and her family.While Paula Deen has become a huge star and immensely popular,I felt this book was written in haste.Just a few recipes jotted down and stick Paula's picture on the cover.Not alot of thought went into this one.Just one more item in a growing marketable Paula Deen empire.

2.0 out of 5 stars Get Out Your Binoculars, Folks, November 10, 2007
I purchased this cookbook for a friend who loves Paula Deen and collects cookbooks. This one might serve as a stocking stuffer- it is so small 4x6 at the most. I would be embarrassed to give this as a present without adding something to go with it.

There are several stories written by Paula Deen about her past Christmases. Stories about how she and her family celebrate. There are 203 small pages. The recipes look fine. The table of contents separates the food into Gifts of Food, Christmas Cookies, Christmas Morning, Christmas Dinner, Holiday Open House, and Desserts.

A caveat would be to get a good night's sleep and eat lots of carrots if you intend to use this book to cook, the print is quite small and I can see headaches a comin'. I am at a loss to understand the concept behind putting out such a small sized cookbook. Paula Deen seems to be a very nice woman who has a large following of fans. She needs to stick to the tried and true- regulation size cookbooks. Now I need to figure out what I will purchase to go with this pint-sized book to give to my friend.

Not Recommended. prisrob 11-10-07

Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the Cookin'

The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook Collection

1.0 out of 5 stars Lousy Recipes, November 19, 2007
As everyone else has stated, this is a small book. About the size of a paperback.

The recipes are not impressive at all. There was only one or two I might consider. I've seen better recipe choices in a PTA fundraiser book!!

Luckily, I didn't waste any money on this book. I got it from the library!!!!

I would certainly not be happy if I bought it, and it isn't worthy of gift giving. Boo Paula!!

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I didn't pre-order this one!, November 15, 2007
I had this in my Amazon shopping cart to pre-order, but decided I would just pick it up at my local bookstore so I could get it the same day it came out. I'm glad I did! It wasn't what I had imagined at all. I was surprised by the book's small size and lack of pictures. Most of the recipes are from her other cookbooks. I didn't see anything in the book that made it worth the purchase for me.

I have all of Paula's other cookbooks and subscribe to her magazine. I also purchased her special holiday magazine issues. I thought this book might be similar to her magazine format - a combination of menus and recipes with color pictures, along with pictures of holiday decorating ideas, etc. Instead, its small print, lack of pictures, and repackaged recipes left me uninspired.

Save your money on this one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Dissapointing, December 1, 2007
C. Dedmon "sdedmon" (North Grafton, MA United States) - See all my reviews
The only reason I kept this miniature book when it arrived is because I had paid a greatly discounted price. While her memories are pleasant to read, the book is tiny and should list at 1/2 the price. We have attempted to prepare two of the recipes, both simple, both with outrageously dissapointing results. As usual, we forgive her poor recipes because she's such a likeable person. But spend your money on one of her better cookbooks, this isn't worth the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small, too much re-tread., December 3, 2007
This little pocket size book has no new Christmas recipes - no new fun info on Paula and her pals. Just a re-tread. I love Paula - but save your $$$ on this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Are all of you other reviewers huffing glue?!?!, August 12, 2008

All of the cookie recipes are GREAT and her holiday bow-tie cookies recipes are very good and she gives great advice too that even inexperienced cooks can understand. (The cocktail recipes will knock you under the table though so watch out.) I would recommend this for anyone who loves the holidays and loves baking and loves Paula Deen.

1.0 out of 5 stars So disappointed!, December 15, 2007
I love Paula Deen and so do my two young daughters, so you can imagine the disappointment we all felt upon opening the box and finding this tiny book inside. Why was it never mentioned in the product details that this is not a full-size cook book?! Most of the recipes can be found in other Paula Deen books we own. Not only that, but there were no color pictures of the dishes which is what my girls love most. I think my 4-year-old summed it up best, "I guess she's just too busy now to give us a good book." I can't believe one of women I most respect would allow this to be published with her name on it.

3.0 out of 5 stars eteacher, December 7, 2007
I gave this cookbook as a secret santa gift. My santee was very receptive and was happy to get this as a gift. The cookbook is small but was appreciated by someone who wanted to buy the book for themselves. It was a nice surprise when they received it as a gift. The book is good for quick and simple items prepared for entertaining.

Christmas with Paula Deen: Recipes and Stories from My Favorite Holiday