5.0 out of 5 stars a golden nugget shining brightly for the season !!!
Scotty McCreery, who caught my attention on American Idol, has released his first holiday album; it's terrific! Scotty is at his usual best here and there's not a bad track on the album! I really like the selection of songs both new and classic and the sound quality is excellent, too.

"Let It Snow" has a great arrangement; Scotty never sounded better! I like...
Published on October 16, 2012 by Matthew G. Sherwin

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
i didnt like this one........he isnt a fav singer of mine
Published 9 days ago by Timothy M. Wirth

5.0 out of 5 stars a golden nugget shining brightly for the season !!!, October 16, 2012
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

"Let It Snow" has a great arrangement; Scotty never sounded better! I like the use of the piano and more in the music that accompanies him as he sings this classic tune. "The First Noel" charms me with its natural beauty; and "Jingle Bells" gets an excellent treatment from Scotty McCreery! "Holly Jolly Christmas" has a country rock flavor and a faster tempo than I'm used to hearing but it all holds its own very well; it's absolutely electric and I love it! "Winter Wonderland" couldn't have been done any better; and "Christmas in Heaven," a new and very poignant number, is very special. "Mary, Did You Know" is also really well done and Scotty never lets go of a single superfluous note!

"Christmas Comin' Round Again" captures the Christmas spirit in a fine, new country music ballad that I could never get tired of hearing; this music is all that good! "O Holy Night," an evergreen classic, has Scotty singing this with great sensitivity and that's grand. "The Christmas Song" by Mel Tormé and Bob Wells shines in Scotty's more than capable hands and the CD ends with Scotty McCreery performing "Santa Claus Is Back in Town;" Scotty wanted this Elvis number on the album since he's such a big Elvis fan.

This album is a must-have for Scotty's fans; and anyone who appreciates excellent holiday music will not be disappointed. I highly recommend this album--it showcases Scotty's incredible talent and puts me in the right holiday spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Must Have Holiday CD This Year!, October 17, 2012
Jason Edge (Raleigh, NC USA) - See all my reviews
I've had this CD since it came out Tuesday and finally got to really listen to it tonight all the way through on the headphones and it is FANTASTIC. If it did not include the last song it would still make a great Holiday album as the arrangements are spot on and the songs are tailored perfectly for Scotty's incredible voice! With that said, I have to say that 'Santa Claus Is Back in Town" off of Elvis' 1957 Christmas album is my favorite Christmas song ever, and Scotty captures the Elvis raw intensity on this classic perfectly....Elvis would be Very Proud! Having this song at the end really was icing on the cake. But there is one more treat waiting, as he seagues into Elvis' version of See See Rider after Santa Claus is Back in Town finishes which is a nice gesture to one of is childhood idols.

All the songs on this CD shine in their own way, however, standouts that left an immediate impression for me also include Jingle Bells, Let it Snow and the new Christmas in Heaven. I really thought I would cringe at another verson of Jingle Bells, but this is a great countrified Scotty take on this song and is actually one of my favorites. Christmas in Heaven is an instant new classic and hope it get tons of airplay as we need more songs like this. I really think with radio support this could be a big break through hit for Scotty. I think this was a very good next CD for Scotty since it allows him to cover some great tried and true holiday songs, but to also put his own spin on them with his unique baritone voice, and to introduce a couple of really nice new songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, November 18, 2012
I am not a country music fan but this cd is FANTASTIC!! Scotty has a wonderful voice and the songs on this album are perfect for him. The perfect mix of classic carols, fun arrangements and new songs all done so very well. The guitar music on this cd deserves to be singled out as it is remarkable! Just a joy to listen to this cd whether you are a country music fan or not. This is my favorite new cd of the season.

4.0 out of 5 stars Country Christmas At It's Best, November 4, 2012
When it comes to Christmas music, I prefer the oldies like Doris Day, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole and others from that era. I actually do have a few country Christmas albums in my collection, like Lynn Anderson, Tammy Wynette, Barbara Mandrell and the Statler Brothers. As much as I love country music, I don't prefer it for the holidays. When I saw that Scotty was going to be releasing a Christmas album, it piqued my curiosity. Would I like it?? Would it be too country??? Well I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. It is a very nice collection of traditional carols, Christmas favorites and a couple new tunes; all with a pure country sound. The shining gem for me is one of the original songs, " Christmas In Heaven". Simply a beautiful song that can bring tears to your eyes. I'm sure it will evoke emotion in you too. Two of my favorites are the traditional carols, "O Holy Night" and "The First Noel". Also, the classics, "Let It Snow, Let It Snow. Let It Snow", "Winter Wonderland" and "The Christmas Song" are all shining moments in the collection. Scotty's rollicking rendition of "Holly Jolly Christmas" is alot of fun too. If you are looking for a new Christmas album to brighten your holiday season, this is it. Give it a listen and you won't be sorry.. Merry Christmas!

5.0 out of 5 stars CHRISTMAS WITH SCOTTY MCCREERY, October 16, 2012
I LOVE CHRISTMAS WITH SCOTTY MCCREERY!I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. BUY IT TODAY!MY FAVORITE SONG IS SANTA CLAUSE IS BACK IN TOWN!SCOTTY SOUNDS SO MUCH LIKE A YOUNG ELVIS ON THAT ONE.I ADMIRE GREATLY,THE VERSATILITY IN HIS VOICE.BEAUTIFUL CD!

4.0 out of 5 stars His Gospel Is Peace, November 18, 2012
Scotty may be a full-time college freshman, but he's keeping his musical fans with a smile on their faces with this lovely Christmas set. The opening track "Let It Snow" sparkles with energy with great electric guitar by Brent Mason and Scotty's vocals playful, "The fire is slowly dying, and my dear we're still goodbying, but as long as you love me so, let it snow." On the lovely spiritual track "First Noel," Scotty's low notes send shivers down my spine; they are so beautiful. The party's on with the rocker "Holly Jolly Christmas" spiced with Jimmy Nichols' barrelhouse piano. "Christmas In Heaven" is a lovely slow song that pulls at the heartstrings. "Christmas Comin' Round Again" is a lovely tune that is new to me, "It's time to let go and let the love in." "O Holy Night" is one of those Christmas songs that for me is the measure of a singer. It's devotional and requires a voice that can soar with the melody and demands great breath control. Scotty's resonant vocals shine, "He taught us to love one another; His law is love and His gospel is peace." Other tracks like "Jingle Bells," "Winter Wonderland" and the rocking closer "Santa Claus Is Back in Town" are also delights. This is a strong set sure to warm the holidays! Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Starting Christmas early with Scotty McCreery, October 17, 2012
This review is from: Christmas with Scotty McCreery (MP3 Music)
WOW just received this album and I must say I am so excited for Christmas. While this album has some of the traditional Christmas tunes on it and I must say sang beautifully by Scotty it was the two original songs that have captured my attention. Christmas in Heaven is such a touching song that will make some cry and others smile as they will be brought to think of loved ones that have left them. It is a beautiful song which is sure to be a hit with all. The other one Christmas is coming around again also is a song that can give people hope which always seems to be stronger in the Christmas season. There is not a bad song on this album and any person who loves Christmas music needs to add this to their collection. You will not be disappointed I promise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scotty McCreery Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, October 17, 2012
This Is a Beautiful Christmas Soundtrack love it . I was so excited when got home and played it's on the iPod The Christmas song is one of my favorite along with Winter Wonderland And Many others .

5.0 out of 5 stars UPS BROUGHT MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT TODAY, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Christmas with Scotty McCreery (MP3 Music)
WOW!! I AM JUST THRILLED WITH MY NEW SCOTTY MCCREERY CHRISTMAS CD. WHAT A VARIETY OF SONGS AND HIS ARRANGEMENTS ARE OUTSTANDING. THIS IS MY FAVORITE ALBUM EVER. SCOTTY HAS THE MOST AMAZING VOICE I HAVE EVER HEARD. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU PURCHASE THIS CD - YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!! IF YOU ARE NOT A FAN ALREADY - YOU WILL BE FOR SURE. HE MAKES ME SMILE :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing voice, November 18, 2012
Scotty has a beautiful tone to his voice. He reaches those low notes so well. Some songs are one you have heard over and over,and others not so much, but his rendition of them is fun and it is a good addition to the collection for the season this year. Love it.

Christmas with Scotty McCreery