Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 9, 2011 4:01:45 AM PST
Doctor Who says:
will this later come with the Christmas special?

Posted on Jan 14, 2011 2:48:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2011 2:51:23 PM PST
C. Parent says:
The Christmas special will probably be included with season 6. That's the convention they've followed with previous Christmas specials. That is, they include them with the next full season DVD release. They're usually available as separate purchases too (in the UK anyway).

The one thing that may be different this time around is that season 6 may end up getting broken up into multiple sets since the show is being broadcast in that manner. The first 7 episodes will be airing in the spring and then the final 6 episodes will be airing in the autumn. Whether the BBC breaks the season down into multiple box sets is hard to say at this point. But it wouldn't surprise me if they did to maximize profits.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 8, 2011 12:35:40 AM PDT
P. Marla says:
Actually, the BBC gave a very upfront statement that, although they will release multiple box sets for s6, they will also release a 'normal' box set comprising the entire s6. So, if you want to save money, wait till all the eps are over. If you want to see the eps as soon as possible, you have multiple box sets waiting ;)

Posted on Apr 25, 2011 9:40:51 AM PDT
I'm still not sure that we Yanks are going to get the split box sets for series 6... Amazon.co.uk has had a listing for Series 6, Part 1 for quite a bit now and there's no trace of such a thing here on regular ol' Amazon.com.

I DID purchase the Christmas Special due to uncertainty of how the series' box sets would work now, but (as for the two halves) I'll definitely wait until the complete Series 6 box is out due to things like the the full series sets having DTS-HD HR 5.1 audio as opposed to the plain stereo sound they've been putting on the 'rushed' Blu-rays and DVDs (i.e. all of the single discs with 3 or so episodes that they've put out in the UK since 2005)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jan 9, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 25, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series
Doctor Who: The Complete Fifth Series by Matt Smith (DVD - 2010)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,184)