3,208 Reviews
 (2,686)

5.0 out of 5 stars Is this reissue worth it?
Released this fall, the "Christmas Story" collector's edition is really a 20th anniversary version of the classic. First, let me say I can't believe it's been out for 20 years. I thought 12, at the most 15. Wow.
Briefly, for readers who may not be intimately acquainted with the film, I strongly encourage you to purchase "A Christmas Story" and make it a regular part...
Published on December 2, 2003 by Robert Graves

2.0 out of 5 stars Hurrah for movie, Shame on DVD
This is a must-see, completely charming, wonderfully acted (and I usually don't like child actors), heart-warming without being too mushy, Holiday Season story.
But they made the DVD in Pan&Scan (except the opening credits, which are in widescreen). SHAME ON THE DVD PRODUCER!
The whole idea of DVDs was that there's ample space for both widescreen and...
Published on September 2, 2000

‹ Previous | 184 85 86321 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Family Christmas Movie, February 1, 2014
Lots of laughs had by all a must watch at Christmas time or any time of the year. Enjoy the Show!

5.0 out of 5 stars there is no better holiday movie, ever, January 31, 2014
suaspontemark (over there ----->) - See all my reviews
You can have It's A Wonderful Life. Even the 1938 Reginald Owen A Christmas Carol doesn't beat it (and that's the best one). I have a full size leg lamp that is in my window the day after Halloween and through New Years, every year. If you don't like this movie, you're clearly a godless communist, or minimally one of those freedom hating French.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone Loves It, January 31, 2014
I have been watching this movie since it came out. Now I shared it with my kids and they too enjoyed it. We all had a good laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I was 8 years old again, January 29, 2014
R Wright (Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
We watched the movie again this year, probably for the 15th time and laughed out loud as usual; so I guess it's worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Timeless Classic, January 29, 2014
Easily one of the best movies ever made....especially that the entire family can watch. A snapshot into a time when the world was a much simpler, and probably happier place.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply a classic, January 29, 2014
Simply a classic and brings me back to my childhood. Traditional holiday favorite for years to come with my own children :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Haven't seen it? Must see it!, January 28, 2014
This is an all time classic favorite, my parents loved it, I love it, and my kids will love it! All I need is a lamp made from a sexy woman legs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Collection, January 28, 2014
Our christmas video is one more add to our collection , the family really likes the message it portrays in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite Christmas movie. Enough said, January 28, 2014
This review is from: A Christmas Story [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
The heading says it all. This is easily the best Christmas movie ever made, and it is great to have it on blue ray.

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't everybody know this one?, January 27, 2014
This is a fantastic Christmas movie. I think anyone of any age would enjoy this film. It's based on a story by Jean Shepard, who was a fantastic humorist in numerous forms. Everything I've ever seen or heard that was based on his writings has been thoroughly enjoyable. His writings, and this film in particular, give insight into a time when many of us weren't yet born. And a sweet time it was. :)

‹ Previous | 184 85 86321 | Next ›

A Christmas Story [Blu-ray]
A Christmas Story [Blu-ray] by Bob Clark (Blu-ray - 2010)
$24.98 $12.70