Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing May4th

VINE VOICEon November 9, 2010
I suppose it's a matter of taste, but I love Kat's voice and she sounds amazing on this Christmas CD. There are serious, heartfelt ballads and fun-loving standards here that together make for an incredible showcase for Kat and her beautiful voice. I was honestly very surprised how much I LOVED the original tunes, expecting only to like the standards. Gratefully, her version of "O Holy Night" is understated and subtle. I was worried that Kat would give it the Celine Dion treatment. Thankfully, she doesn't. For the low price, this CD is a must own for this holiday seaon. I will be playing this CD all season long.

**** The iTunes version gives you a fun version of "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" as a bonus track. Also, you can download a few Christmas tracks there ("O Come all ye Faithful" and "I'll be Home for Christmas", both of which were released as singles a few years back.) These extras are for people like me who can't get enough of her voice!
on November 19, 2010
I like Christmas music, and usually buy a few new Christmas CDs every year around this time. Today, I bought Mariah Carey's "Merry Christmas II You", Lady Antebellum's "A Merry Little Christmas", Wilson Phillips' "Christmas in Harmony", and Katharine McPhee's "Christmas Is The Time". I really couldn't believe how much I liked Katharine's album. I can't call myself a die-hard Kat fan, but I definitely agree with the other reviewer who said this is the kind of music she needs to be making. It's a very "classy" CD. She puts a current spin on some classic songs, but maintains the traditional feel of the classics, while still putting her own unique flavor on the song. That's a tough balancing act to pull off for anybody. Faith Hill did it pretty well last year, and Wilson Phillips' CD is very good too. But I think Kat's is even better. This one will surprise you, especially if you're like me and didn't really know what to expect. Best Christmas CD so far in 2010. Great job Katharine!
on October 16, 2010
This is a classic and elegant Christmas album. Katharine Mcphee's vocals plus Christmas songs equals magical perfection! This has become one of my favorite Christmas albums instantly! There is indeed a certain quality to Mcphee's voice that sets her apart from other vocalists. I love every track in this album, no exception! She did a different take on "Jingle Bells", which is great. Her original Christmas composition, "It's Not Christmas Without You" is a beautiful song. She set the key high vocally in the title track, "Christmas Is the Time to Say I Love You", which I truly love. With Chris Botti in "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas", it is bound to be a classic. Her voice resonates and is crystal clear on the poignant album closer,"Who Would Imagine A King".
A sure Christmas playlist topper every year!
on January 14, 2014
LOVE her Christmas album! Her voice is so rich with emotion and sounds great! I could listen to her all year round and wish she would produce another album. This is one of my favorite holiday albums. Every time I listen to it I can hear each word and the music just makes me stop and want to listen more closely. Beautiful voice ... highly recommend if you are not only a fan of Katharine McPhee but are also looking for a really good Christmas album.
on February 11, 2015
I can't say I follow too many recent popular music stars these days, but Kat McPhee has somehow caught my attention. Her voice can do amazing things, from just above a whisper to operatic levels, and she always sounds fantastic. And she's not covering herself with tattoos and piercings - her natural beauty needs no modification.

Keep up the good work. You're a star.
on February 18, 2014
Admittedly, I am a fan of Katharine, so I was looking for every reason to like this album. I was not disappointed at all. Only one song
(do I feel) could/should have been left off the album, but all-in-all, an enjoyable collection of mostly classics and some new material that I had not heard before.
on January 10, 2013
SAW KATHERINE ON AMERICAN IDOL ABOUT 100 YEARS AGO, SO IT SEEMS. THOUGHT SHE HAD A GREAT VOICE AND ALWAYS KEPT HER IN THE BACK OF MY MIND. I AM A SUCKER FOR CHRISTMAS ALBUMS AND SO I BOUGHT THIS ONE. I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED. I RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE WHO ENJOYS HOLIDAY TUNES .
VINE VOICEon December 22, 2010
I'm a very casual watcher of American Idol, during a good year I may watch one whole entire episode of the show. But AI has produced several singers I've come to love and whose projects I've enjoyed, namely Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, and Katharine McPhee. McPhee has a gorgeous voice, perfectly suited for breathing new life into jazz and pop standards, and Christmas Is the Time (To Say I Love You) plays to those strengths. The result is one of the classiest, most timeless Christmas albums to be released in recent memory. The album opens with "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," where McPhee is accompanied by one of my all-time favorites, trumpeter Chris Botti. It's the perfect marriage of vocal and instrumental. This is followed by a catchy piano and tambourine-driven version of "Jingle Bells" - it's not exactly big band swing, but it's as close as this album comes and the result is undeniably fun. The McPhee-penned "It's Not Christmas Without You" reminds me a bit of Mariah Carey's "Miss You Most (At Christmas Time," both heart-wrenching, romantic ballads of missing one's love during the holidays. Carols like "Oh Holy Night" and "Little Town of Bethlehem/Away In A Manger" are stunning in the simplicity of their arrangements and in McPhee's vocal delivery, placing the purity of her voice and the message of the lyrics front and center. "Christmas Is the Time" turned out to be a surprise favorite of mine - fun and upbeat and catchy, this song of the Christmas spirit's ability to transform everyone who gives into it is an album highlight. McPhee puts a more upbeat, pop spin on "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve," followed by a gorgeous, heartfelt rendition of the perennial classic "White Christmas." The album closes with a stunning version of "Who Would Imagine a King," my absolute favorite track on the disc. The clarity and purity of McPhee's vocal here lends the song an almost heart-rending quality - for all its simplicity, the song is a showstopper. Christmas Is the Time is the very definition of understated elegance. Instead of opting for slick production techniques and musical bombast, McPhee's given fans a timeless Christmas record that is gorgeous in its simplicity and fully showcases her lovely voice, sure to be enjoyed for years to come.
on January 8, 2013
Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You is a wonderful collection of popular Christmas songs sung beautifully by Katharine McPhee. I would recommend this album to anyone who is a fan of Katharine McPhee's music
on January 7, 2013
While I love Katherine's pure tone vocals, the arrangements on this product do not showcase her incredible talent very well. Some nice cuts, but mostly disappointing instrumental background arrangements.