5.0 out of 5 stars Read over and over
I don't know about teachable moments, but my kid loved this book. He made me read it over and over, and carried it around the house. He got Diary of a Wombat when he was a toddler, and apparently has a strong affection for this wombat series. When asked why he liked it so much, he said it was funny.
Published on December 17, 2012 by Nell

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but could be better
Published 13 months ago by Bunny Hugger

5.0 out of 5 stars Read over and over, December 17, 2012
Nell (California) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Wombat, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Christmas Wombat (Hardcover)
This delightful tale, one in a series about Wombat, involves Wombat's confusion about seeing those reindeer creatures. Wombat goes after the carrots children leave for them by stealing a ride in Santa's sled runners. Many teachable moments.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Rendition of Our Favorite Wombat, December 3, 2014
This review is from: Christmas Wombat (Hardcover)
This time our imperterbably stubborn wombat takes a flight of fancy -- on the back of Santa's sleigh, where she settles in to nap after shoving the reindeer aside to get their carrots. She follows Santa down another chimney ("A wombat hole?") and after visiting several homes decides the "strange creatures" pulling the sleigh are useful for finding carrots.

The gently ironic humor of the original books is continued here, and several jokes are repeated, enhancing the comic effect. French's text is again very spare, and the story is beautifully paced, with a satisfying conclusion. Since several jokes depend on their repetition from previous books, it'll be best appreciated by kids who have experienced the original Diary of a Wombat. And it's so clearly make-believe that it shouldn't matter whether the audience believes in Santa.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cute but could be better, November 22, 2013
Bunny Hugger (AK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christmas Wombat (Hardcover)
I couldn't resist buying this book because I love both wombats and Christmas books. We have the other two Diary of a Wombat books already. This one is pretty cute! As usual, the illustrations are adorable and very appealing. There isn't that much of a story, though, and a lot of details in the book don't make much sense. It kind of seems like the story was thrown together very quickly. Regardless, I don't regret buying it and still think it's cute. This is a book I'll bring to work to read to the kids because I think the illustrations of the wombat partaking of carrots in all of the different places will appeal to them even if the story is kind of weak!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really precious illustrations, must-have for wombat fans, December 28, 2012
Aoife (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Christmas Wombat (Hardcover)
This little story definitely captures the feisty spirit of the wombat, and the illustrations are hilarious. My little wombat fans loved it, and we plan on collecting the other books in the series now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Loosely Christmas Themed, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Christmas Wombat (Hardcover)
Jackie French has also written Diary of a Wombat and Diary of a BABY Wombat, but this was our first intro to Wombat. In case you didn't know, wombats are Australian animals that look like smaller versions of bears.They enjoy digging, sleeping, and eating.....especially eating carrots! This book is told through a wombat's point of view and details his journey of eating carrots, sleeping, and.....eating carrots. But he runs into some trouble while looking for and keeping his carrots. This book is very loosely Christmas themed, with the Christmas aspects being more pertinent in the illustrations versus the story. This was just an okay, holiday read for us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Crazy Wombat, February 20, 2013
This review is from: Christmas Wombat (Hardcover)
I ordered the first Wombat book because my husband was born in Australia and i wanted my son to learn about some of the animals from there. He loved it. We have since ordered each of the others because he can't wait to see what mischief the wombat will find next.

Christmas Wombat
Christmas Wombat by Jackie French (Hardcover - October 16, 2012)
$16.99 $12.75