4.0 out of 5 stars Christy is a delightful character
Published on January 3, 2007 by Elizabeth B. Dickey

3.0 out of 5 stars Liked this Book
Bought this book for a teacher who did not have a library for high school students. They seem to enjoy the whole series.
Published on March 13, 2012 by kandikane

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Christy is a delightful character, January 3, 2007
Elizabeth B. Dickey (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Christy Miller Collection, Vol. 2: Surprise Endings / Island Dreamer / A Heart Full of Hope (Books 4-6) (Hardcover)
Although I am an adult, I've enjoyed all the Christy Miller stories. Christy is the sort of person I would have loved to have had for a friend during high school, and I think many girls can relate to her. The pacing of the stories is sometimes a little slow, and the supporting characters, especially Christy's parents, should have been much better developed. Still, the stories are so enjoyable they are well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't you want a Todd?, March 27, 2007
A Kid's Review
I love when Todd kissed Christy! It's so sweet! You want them together so so so much! I've read this one twice, and I love the Island Dreamer. Her relationship with the Lord grows. Sometimes I just want to scream at Paula from trying to steal Todd, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey Juliet, Rick isn't your Romeo, December 29, 2006
Christy Miller is amazing. I adore every book in the series and even in the Sierra Jensen series. "Awesome" young women on fire for God are inspirational. In Volume 2, Christy is different though. Issues occur and the world isn't completely sugarcoated. It is a nice change from the picture perfect world of Newport and Todd. Life isn't always easy, but Christy's struggles reflect that God is always. The moral of this collection is God is there, patience pays, and guys like Rick aren't worthy of "peculiar treasures". Don't hate the Rick's of the world. Pray for them because love and God are the only two things that can change a heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a joy to read about Christy's life, June 18, 2010
This book is a three-books-in-one volume that includes books 4, 4, and 6 of the Christy Miller series. I've given an overview of each story below.

Book 4
Surprise Endings
Christy is practicing hard for the upcoming cheerleading tryouts and some of the girls are ruthless. Prom is also coming up. Christy hopes that her parents will make an exception and let her attend the prom with Todd, but Todd has already invited someone else! Can Christy respond with grace to all the surprises in her life?

I liked how this story ended. Despite all she goes through, and how strict her parents are, Christy is really starting to figure out who she is. It's exciting to see her make choices that show selfless love for others, even though Christy doesn't always feel it. My favorite part was when she stood up to Rick. Go, Christy! You tell him!

Book 5
Island Dreamer
The luckiest girl in the world, Christy gets to spend her sixteenth birthday on Maui, with Paula, her old best friend from Wisconsin and Todd! But Paula isn't the same friend she used to be. She's boy crazy and has set her eyes on stealing Todd! Christy struggles to know how to be a friend to Paula and not worry about her relationship with Todd, but it's really hard to do!

I love Todd. If only there were more guys like him. Christy gets more practice learning to love others in this book, and Paula sure does make that hard. Todd confuses her more than ever and there are a few conversations left unfinished that make you want to go buy the whole series to know what will happen later.

Book 6
A Heart Full of Hope
Now that Christy is sixteen, she can finally date! And Rick has been waiting a long time. He not only has a long list of dates for them to go on, he wants Christy to be his girlfriend. Rick is in college now and had a busy schedule. He doesn't like having to share Christy with her parents or her job. Christy has a hard time keeping up with his demands. Why are relationships so hard?

I don't like Rick! The dude is controlling. Grrr. Yet he keeps coming back. It was entertaining and a little sad to see Christy try to please everyone in her life to the point of not having a life of her own. And I was so sad for Todd! Ack! I have to get the rest of these books soon so I know how Christy's story ends.

I highly recommend this series for girls ages 12 and up. It is a joy to read about Christy's life and friends and struggles. There are four, three-book volumes in the re-released series, and a college years volume. Check out Robin Jones Gunn's author Web site to find more at [...].

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 4, 2014
My granddaughter loves this whole series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book ever!!!!!!!!!!!, July 3, 2014
I loved this book and would recommend it to all of my friends. I can't wait to read the next volume. I love all the love scenes and how christy is so close to the Lord especially after she met todd can't wait to see what happens next in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good books, June 20, 2014
I got these as a present for my sisters. I haven't personally read them, but she loves it. All I can say is that I got them on time and in good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Christy!!, May 30, 2014
I love these God loving books!!! I can't wait to read the next!!! =-) I love christy miller!!! <3 <3

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Inspirational Entertaining Book!, May 19, 2014
Robin Jones Gunn is my favorite author. The Christy Miller series is "must read" literature for all teenaged girls and their moms. I just wish I could have had this resource when my girls were teenagers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series ever!, April 11, 2014
My favorite series EVER! I have never tea a more fascinating, relatable series in my life. Christys struggles are so valid.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›