5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Videos
Published on March 31, 2011 by tar heel

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very good quality
Published on September 4, 2012 by Andrea B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Videos, March 31, 2011
This review is from: Chromakey Green Screen Kit 800w Photo Video Lighting Kit 10x12 feet Green Screen and Backdrop Support System Included Ul15 10x12 Green By Fancier U15 10x12 Green (Electronics)
This kit is perfect for videography and photography. The lights are very bright and provide even lighting. Also, the stands for the lights go quite high so it's easy to point your lighting wherever you want it. The only problem so far I had with the kit is the actual green screen is a little darker than shown in the picture. This doesn't affect editing though. I tested it with iMovie, Final Cut Pro, and Adobe After Effects and the green screen worked fine in all three programs. Overall, if you're looking for a great green screen and lighting kit, I would highly recommend this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap Green Screen kit, October 29, 2012
You can't beat the price of this product. For what you get it's worth it. The screen itself is just the right size for filming people and plenty of other objects of all sizes. The two lights that come with the set aren't enough to properly light a green screen so I recommend if you don't have more light to go ahead and get some more. Like I said it's cheap though. The tripods aren't the highest quality but they hold up the green screen and that's all we need them to do.

The lights that came with the kit are three times larger than what is shown in the picture but that's a good thing. These lights really help illuminate our sets and are the primary lights we use when filming in front of the green screen.

This is not a professional kit though. If you are looking for high quality and you are willing to fork over the cash you will want to go with something more expensive. For everyone else looking for a green screen I wouldn't go any smaller than this.

One very big, important thing to know, though. If you don't know how to properly light a green screen, editing your footage will be twice as hard. Knowledge definitely goes a long way with filming and editing green screen footage. If you don't have the proper editing software it will be very difficult. I use Final Cut Pro 6.06 and Adobe After Effects.

Here is a link to one video in which we used our green screen. Keep in mind that one of the guys is wearing a green shirt also: [...]

3.0 out of 5 stars Not very good quality, September 4, 2012
Although this kit is perfect for beginners or if you have a low budget, the quality of it is not good.. or at least to set I got. One of the light bulbs came broken, which I guess could have happened during shipment, so it is not really their fault. The tripod supports/stands for the screen are the worst part. I kept tightening them but they would hold, the legs would open and the "arms" would fall down, it was like the screws were turning without actually closing anything. So, I had to end up holding the sections with tape and keeping the legs closed with books on every side.. and of course I needed someone's help to do this.

The plus part: since it was fulfilled by Amazon it was very easy to return. Now Im debating between buying it again and hoping I just had a defective kit or trying another one.

NOTE: For those complaining about the green darkness... that doesn't matter for editing out the green. The important thing is that it is a solid color.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than most reviews indicate, June 9, 2014
Got this about a week ago and just put it together. Someone made a comment about the poor directions. The directions are on 1 sheet of paper and are very basic. This is because the set up is very basic. My 13 year old and I set it all up in about 7 minutes. Basically it comes down to this. There are four stands. Two fo the stands have threaded bolts on the top of them. Take the four tubes and slide them together until the snap in place (like camping poles with the little button). When the four poles are together, slide the pole through the pocket in the green screen and bolt to the top of the two stands that had the threaded tops. Adjust to wanted height...done with the screen

Lights. The light stands have a small piece of metal sticking out of the top. There is a small (about the size of my hand) plasitc devise that has three nobs to adjust. This looks challenging but is not. One nob is for attaching the piece to the stand and also allows it to swivel. another allows the light to move up and down and a third littl knob allows the umbrella pole to slide in and be held in position. It will take you about 3o seconds to figure it out then you will never forget. It is that easy.....

Light Bulbs. I have read several people complain that the light bulbs to not work, and there have been several warnings that the quality is not great and you should not over tighten anything. Let's talk about that. The quality is marginal, but certainly better than I expected from the comments. Also, the quality seems so far to be find for what I am doing and also for the price I paid. I would and did take extra care not to over tighten any items. The main item I can see that would cause an issue if overtightened would be the nob that tightens the umbrella. The umbrella is extremely light and thus the pole is lightweight too (about the strength of a car antenna). If you tighten the securing nob to tightly it could cause the umbrella pole to dent or bend. However, it is not needed to tighten it much as it is so light. It works fine. Also people talked about breaking the fixture that holds the lights (where you screw the lights in). And they talked about the lights not working. I carefully screwed my lights in being careful not to over tighten. One light worked and one light did not. My daughter was devastated. We began to troubleshoot. First we switched the bulbs between the lights. Now neither worked. Then we switched them back and neither worked again. We were sooo careful that I could not imagine we had broken the second bulb. I went back and carefully tightened the bub of of a little more, it worked. I tried the other and it still did not work. I tightened it a little more and it worked to. It is very possible that all of the people who have been complaining about the bulbs not working took the original posts advise about not over tightening and tightened the bulb until it was just snug...but it wasn't enough. I would say, take seriously the advise of the person who said be careful not to over tighten, but then tighten a little more and they should work.

About the screen. The green cloth is the reason (so far) that I marked the product down from a 5 star to a four star. As mentioned in other posts it is very thin. If there is any lighting on the back side of the cloth you will be able to see through (this may effect the ability to completely key out the green). You need a big flat wall with no windows behind it to put this screen against. Barring that, you may need to find another cloth or sheet of black plastic to go behind the green screen (to keep the items from behind the screen showing in your pictures/video.

Some last thought. 2 lights probably is not enough and if it is these while very bright are probably not as bright as you would like. I am there is this package which has three brighter lights, I would go with it if possible. Fancierstudio 2400 Watt Chromakey Green Screen Video Lighting Kit With Softbox Light Kit By Fancierstudio 9004S3 +TB Gren Kit I am ordering that one too and will let you know what I think of it when I get it. Now about the screen size. in this one plus the one I just mentioned the screen size is 10x12. This is plenty big if you are sitting but not big enough if you are standing. The idea is to have lights on the screen behind you and then lights on you from the front. When standing there is not a lot of screen coming under your feet that allows you to step forward in front of the lights that are for the screen. If you are not in front of those they may cast a shadow on the screen causing not all of the green to be removed from the picture. My plans are to use the two lights that came with this package to illuminate the talent (people) from the front right and left. Then use 2 of the brighter ones in the package I mentioned above to illuminate the screen. Then I have 1 light left over for what ever I need. Also I could either use the second green screen from the second package to double up on the first and stop light from bleeding through, or I could use the second green screen over a desk in any pictures or videos where the talent is sitting at a desk.

Keep the boxes that the light bulbs and stands come in. It makes it easier to stack everything back in the carrying case.

Would I buy again??? So far the answer is yes, but I have not run into any real problems yet. Having said that, spend the extra 40 dollars and get the set with the three bigger lights instead of the two smaller ones in this package.

I have asked Fanceir if they have a package with the three lights and the 20 foot screen, I will update you when I hear on that too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good greens creen for beginners, April 12, 2013
I have worked in post production for many years doing chroma key, so this time I decided to cross over to the production side. This kit is pretty good for the price. It is extremely light and portable. In fact it's so light, when I opened the box I thought this can't be it! But it was complete.
Some people here complain about the tripod being plastic and the screws breaking it. I was careful not to tighten the screws too much and it was fine.

The cons.
Comes with only two lights. Would be nice if it included a key light.
You can't dim the lights, and they could be brighter.
The green fabric can wrinkle easily so using a tube and rolling it is definitely better than folding it.

The pros.
Very light and portable.
The lamps are decent and the umbrella screens do a good job softening the light.
The tripods that hold the fabric extend really high and the fabric is wide and long, so you get a good green screen area.

From the post production side, I use After Effects with Keylight and it was fairly easy to remove the green background. However, the software you use does make a difference.

I gave this kit 4 stars because it is not perfect but it is good for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Starters kit, August 29, 2011
Hi,

This is a good starters kit. Chroma screen, lights and stands are fine for the price its asking. I did receive a defective bulb though but seller was very prompt to replace it. I will recommend this if you don't wanna spend too much money and wanna get decent green screen results.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible product, terrible service., June 13, 2013
Patrick Walsh (Ypsilanti, MI United States) - See all my reviews
It's very cheap, but you get what you pay for. The first time I plugged in one of the lights, the socket popped and smoked and stopped working. I've called the company (Fancier) several times, but they never answer the phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horribly cheap product!, March 10, 2014
I had such high hopes for this product after reading many reviews, mostly positive. I'm a school teacher and had a big project planned for this. As I was setting it up, BOTH lamp sockets broke (made of cheap plastic) AND one of the legs of the light stands broke. Luckily, Amazon has a great return policy and I sent it back the same day. Steer clear of this cheap, poor quality product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible, March 1, 2014
The instructions were minimal and not helpful at all.
One of the light sockets didn't work straight out of the package.
The other light socket fell apart a mere hour later when I was taking the bulb out.
The backdrop structure is weak and difficult to set up.
I would not buy this product again. I will be returning it. How annoying.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extreme light duty, March 12, 2014
The light broke as soon as we screwed the bulb in the socket. The poles for the background were very flimsy. This set up is for extreme light duty. I do not recommend this product for professional usage.