Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on September 24, 2009
If you want to dabble in the video art of chromakey or green screen this is a terrific low cost way to get started. The fabric is great and the color is very uniform. Nice way to get started without spending too much money. The picture shows stands for the green screen. You don't actually get stands. It says this in the description and I mention it just so you can be sure. I rigged up my own stands.
66 comments|76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2012
After reading some of the negative reviews, I was a bit skeptical to buy this product. Some said their backdrop shipped with stains and wasn't a true chromakey green color.
Being only $20 dollars, I thought I would take my chances and see for myself if this was a worthy chromakey green screen for my videos.
Shipping was flawless, and it arrived in the standard Amazon box and the backdrop was nicely secured inside. No problems there.
And after unfolding the backdrop and hanging it inside of my studio, I found this product to be exactly what I paid for - A perfect/inexpensive green screen that wasn't torn or stained, and was the perfect size to fit against one of my studio walls. The backdrop was bright and vivid green and didn't give off that horrible reflection/glare that plastic or paper green screens give off.
And just to test it out, I shot a mini video clip with my DSLR and imported it into iMovie using the "green screen" function. Absolutely no problems whatsoever.
Overall, this was a good buy for me. Maybe some are into this kind of stuff more professionally than I am, but this chromakey does everything that I want it to do, and for a good price.
Just as some advice, be sure to have a sturdy frame to hang your backdrop onto, and some good clamps so you can stretch out the backdrop to reduce wrinkles. And of course, some REALLY good lighting to give your backdrop a nice even color.
22 comments|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 27, 2010
I would have gladly paid more for shipping to get it rolled rather than folded - the creases just don't want to come out.
88 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 23, 2011
As another reviewer noted, this product comes folded, not rolled, so you have to iron it, and it was also for me somewhat resistant to actually being ironed.

In using it, however, the wrinkles were not as much of an issue as making sure it is evenly and well lit. If you have good lighting on the subject but the screen is full of shadows (i.e., not lit well), it's tougher to key.

I'd recommend going to your local Home Depot or hardware store and getting a six foot piece of wooden dowel -- the type you'd use for a closet rod -- and attaching it to one end so that a) you can roll it to store it and b) you can use the dowel as a weight on the bottom. (That won't work so well if you intend to use it in "landscape" mode.)

I'd also recommend getting some clamps (I used clothespins) and string to stretch it across whatever kind of frame you decide to make or use.
on October 1, 2010
First off the dimensions were not the 6x9 that they said it was, it was more like 8.25x5.5. One of the sides was sewn so it could hang on a bar, which was not advertised. It was folded instead of rolled meaning you have to iron it, and some of the creases are still very visable.

It looks like someone orders these from their home and cuts them themselves. the cut ends were a little frayed.

Bottom line: You can only hang it one way because of the sewing, and if you hang it the other way the doubled over fabric makes that area darker than the rest, and for chroma key you need even thickness. The fabric is too light making me question the fact that it is muslin cloth (which is heavier), when it is draped naturally like it should it wrinkles and doesn't fall flat.

I have yet to shoot in front of it, but I forsee editing problems like I did when I used a common bed sheet.
on September 6, 2010
While it does serve "A" purpose, it still isn't a standard issue Chromakey screen. This is something someone is capitalizing on and probably making out their home. The plus side is it does come with two heavy duty clips for holding up the so called "SCREEN" -- But the truth is the truth. I actually have sheets/curtains that have worked just as well, and since my "REAL" Chromakey screen is ripped in an area and stained in another with some fake blood -- This will have to do for now.

Still, people, beware and know that you will be getting a pretty shoddy sheet/curtain with a couple darts along the 6 ft in seam. Yes, you can not hang the "sheet" the 9 foot way, which many would need, as they didn't dart it as such. It begs you to use stands "Sold separately". You could, in theory, pick up one of these from Wal-mart if you wanted to.
on July 25, 2012
Its creased folded and wrinkled. Seriously?

Pu-leeeeze.

I guess I didn't read the information about the material because for some reason I expected a non wrinkly nylon mesh

I am unhappy about having to iron it and put in almost an hour of work flattening it. Like the previous comment, I would have preferred it to be shipped "rolled".

However, the customer service is great and after returning this item, I will not be against buying from this vendor in the future. They respond to emails quickly too.
review image review image
on December 12, 2014
-PROS-
Cheap.
Great Size.

-CONS-
It's a dark green. The picture is a complete and utter lie. I wish there were a way to report false advertising this knida dark green.
Wrinkled as ****! If you look at my picture that's how bad it is after 3 runs through the steamer and iron.

While it is ok in my use as long as I wear brighter colors I defiantly feel deceived. The color on the image is NO WHERE CLOSE to the color I have. I tried lighting up the room as much as possible but the picture as you can see is different caused by the wrinkles. So I'm giving this a one star because the color is way off and it is too wrinkled.
VINE VOICEon May 10, 2013
We did some comparisons before buying this background and found that this is the biggest sheet that is available for the price.

Yes, as some reviewers mentioned, it is wrinkled up. We placed it in our drier and some wrinkles went away. However, the remaining wrinkles didn't really affect the video - the background cleanly became transparent in the video software.

We are very happy with this purchase and we recommend it.
on September 29, 2011
This is a really good backdrop for the unbeatable price. It is a great color green and shows up well as long as you have a good amount of light. I had very good success using it for my first try as green screening.

If there is any light behind the fabric, it will show through. The fabric is about the weight of a medium-quality bedsheet.

It has a good hanging pocket and is easy to slide onto a pole.

There are no stands included - as others have said, the description almost implies that there are. There are not.

I was very happy with my purchase. I would like to buy a longer, thicker one soon. But for now, this is working just fine.