I just bought the Chromebook. Not sure why it won't allow me to download apps. Says installation not enabled. Any solutions to this?
asked by melody on June 5, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
votes
Melody,
I ended up returning the one I bought! It has its own operating system and I couldn't seem to grasp it at all! I've been told that if u use "cloud" it seems to work very well with it but I dont. I couldn't get it to upload photos from an sd card or anything! It was very "foreign" to me and not at all what I expected. As for your particular problem, again clueless! Sorry! Get a windows based machine, much simpler to use! Goodluck
team green landscaping answered on June 5, 2013

A
vote
It will only download ChromeOS apps from the Chrome Web Store - not Android apps in the Google Play Store.

Not all apps in the Chrome Web Store will run on the ARM Chromebook, as they were developed for Intel chips, and not all developers have ported them specially for the ARM Chromebooks - so you have to try them out individually, and see what works.
Dr. Mark Tweedie answered on June 5, 2013

A
votes
You may be logged in as a guest. You must be logged in as owner/administrator.
Go to this website for more answers: http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/CewcnVpgNxY
A. J. Minhas answered on June 5, 2013

A
votes
Have you linked your google account yet? You need one to be able to download apps.
JULIE answered on June 5, 2013

A
votes
My chrome has a icon that looks like the side of a rubic cube once you get that click on chromeweb.
Sharon Cearley answered on June 5, 2013

A
votes
It had the power cord in the box. Didn't know it was there so bought one from Best Buy instead.
Kurt Patterson answered on June 5, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›