Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on November 20, 2013
Bought this for my sponsored Child in need for Christmas. I love the size! Bigger than a touch screen phone yet smaller than an ipad and LIGHT! I Loaded it with music before wrapping and played with it a little to see how it worked. If your looking for an Ipad move on because for 50-60$ that's not what your getting. (Duh for those leaving poor reviews!) However it holds a decent amount of music and has an expandable storage! That is important because they are so cheep no (32 g for 30$). It was pretty speedy with internet and streaming movies on Netflix. Would highly recommend for a teenager or Child. Cute bright color options. Sound good without headphones! I really think this was a good deal. Works great as an MP3 Player that also has Wifi and good for basic searches and facebook.
2626 comments| 1,179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2013
I bought two of these tablets for my daughters (ages 9 & 11). Both of them are fairly tech savvy and have used iPods and my more expensive Android tablet in the past so I thought this would be helpful when doing their homework. Upon receiving the tables, both girls started downloading various games from the Google Play store. They had no problems installing apps and I showed them how to go into the settings and move the apps to the SD card memory, so they wouldn't run out of memory on the tablet as quickly (being that this has only 4GB of internal memory.) Both of them (and I was too) were impressed at how nicely the tablet worked. They also used the tablet to video Skype with their cousin in Colorado (we live in California) and had some issues with a constant squealing sound. They noticed it went away when they used headphones during the Skype call. They video was clear and very smooth and sound quality was excellent, when using the headphones. A few other issues I noticed:

1) When installing apps: Sometimes the tables doesn't recognize an app has been installed, even though it was correctly installed and used a few times. The icon appears on the app list, but when clicked on, it says "App Not Installed". So I had to go to the app store and re-install.

2) In the beginning, the battery seemed to run down pretty quickly (after 2-3 hours of light use). But I noticed that this got much better after I let it sit for almost 10 hours on the charger. Then, I got more like 5-6 hours of use from a full charge.

3) When I daughters first got their tablets, they immediately began personalizing each one for themselves. One big mistake was, they both set up security PIN numbers to access the tablets home screen (to keep the other one from using THEIR tablet). My younger daughter selected a random 4-digit number and an hour after doing so, forgot her PIN. So her tablet became a paper weight. I have looked everywhere on how to do a factory reset on one of these cheap Chinese-made tablets, unfortunately there is no help. So I will have to buy her another tablet and make a rule that "NO PIN NUMBERS on any of the tablets."
2222 comments| 1,593 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2013
Over the past few years I have refrained form joining the tablet revolution because I already have so many digital electronic devices in my possession. IE: 2 Android smartphones, pda, 2 digital cameras, 3 laptop pcs, just to name a few offhand.

However, when this tablet caught my eye, I decided to try one, especially taking into account the price and features.

Since this tablet has a limited internal memory (4 GB) I also purchased a 16 GB micro SD Card to push the capacity to 20 GB.

So far I have been completely satisfied with its' overall performance. Remember, this is my first tablet!

I like the fact that it does not require a contract since I mainly use it at home or at work, where I can use the Wi Fi connection. I have also found it can be tethered to my smartsphone to access the Internet. Took me a while to figure that one out, but it is possible! Just use Google to find out how.

The only downside I can see is the life of the battery (2-3 hrs). But I knew this beforehand, so I always have one or two chargers with me. It can be charged either with the plug in charger included with the tablet or with the same micro USB charger for my phone. So, for me, this does not pose a problem.

Yes, it may be slower than other higher priced tablets, but it does perform exactly as described.

In fact, a few days after purchasing one for myself, I ended up purchasing another for my partner who has experienced the same results a myself.

Overall we both are completely satisfied with this product. I have rated it with 4 stars out of 5 simply because I have not had it long enough to give it 5. This does not in any way mean it does not deserve 5 stars, I just have to use it more!

Give it a try, you will be surprised how easy it is to use.
1616 comments| 751 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 4, 2014
I purchased three tablets and all stopped working after about a month. I also purchased extended warranties for each them. I initiated a claim and was told by Amazon to contact the warranty company for assistance in returning. The warranty company (SquareTrade) stated that since the Manufacturer's Warranty is in effect, I would have to use the manufacturer's warranty until it expired (then the extended warranty would take over). The problem is The Chromo Inc website has no contact information except for email which they do not respond to. I could not find a customer service phone number unless Amazon has another way to get in contact with that company. Right now, I have 3 broken tablets that can not get warranty service until a whole year has passed. If there is a way of getting around this year-long wait, please call me with the number on my customer profile
55 comments| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
I ordered this for my daughter. The tablet that she had started to glitch. It had been used for a few years so we thought it was time to replace it. I saw this one and it looked very nice. When it came, we were very excited to start it up and try it out. We were pretty disappointed once we did.

It started up with no issues. It is very light and feels great in your hands. This tablet does come preinstalled with Netflix, Google Chrome, and a few other applications. We downloaded one game and this was effortless. Once we went to download the second game, we were told that there was not enough room on the tablet. I then uninstalled Netflix, Skype, and Chrome. Most of the other applications did not have the option to uninstall, such as Google Maps. My daughter is 7 and this application is not needed so I found that a bit annoying. We still could not install another game.

I ended up going out and buying an SD card since there is an slot for this. This is definitely needed if you plan on doing anything on this tablet so I would order that at the same time. I paid $17 for a 16g. Once I put it in, it prepared it very fast. We were then able to start downloading again.

After a few minutes of downloading, we started getting notifications that the device was too hot and that we were using too much battery too quickly. This was only from downloading using the wifi. I found this very upsetting. If we are having these issues just downloading a game, she will never be able to watch videos on it. Even when opening an app, the tablet was slow at this.

My daughter wanted to change the background so we decided to take a picture. She chose to put her favorite stuffed animal on it. The camera on this tablet is HORRIBLE. It does not focus well at all so you have to be super steady when holding the tablet. Even then, the picture looks bad. We tried with both the front and back cameras. Both look terrible. There is no flash either.

In my opinion, this tablet is not a good investment. You do need to figure in the price of what you will spend on the necessary additional storage. I would suggest going in a store and buying one that you can actually try out beforehand. Also, I am finding it hard to find a screen protector and case for this tablet since it is not a super popular one. I received this at a discount in exchange for my honest review. These opinions are my own.
review image review image
on April 22, 2013
Ever since I've received this tablet my daughter and I haven't put it down. I like all the graphics, the pics i can take and screen resolution. Awesome.
22 comments| 340 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2014
I bought 4 of these for Christmas for my kids. They looked great out of the box. Great little tablets for kids. But the screens scratch SO easily !!! There were screen protectors on them that my kids managed to get off and the screen was nice under. But the screen under also scratches easily. It has only been 2 days and there are scratches everywhere. For the price I would buy again but I would put different screen protectors on right away.
review image review image
0Comment| 101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2013
I have read a lot of bad reviews for this tablet. I wanted to chime in and say I ordered one for my 4 year old and wasn't sure what I was expecting. It came in the mail safe and sound. I opened it up and installed some games, watched Netflix, and surfed the internet. It is surprisingly fast, charges fine, and battery seems to last. I use my car charger to charge it without any issues. It is great and keeps my little one happy as she can watch Netflix on the way to the sitters(I have mobile hotspot on my cell phone). This thing doesn't lag with movies or games. My little one has even dropped it once or twice and it still works fine.

I like that it is supported by google play store as there is a lot of free kids games that are put out for android devices making it ideal for my little one.

I know some people complain as theirs arrived broken or not able to charge but I ordered one on Black Friday(2013) and its still going strong.

Let me add it has been like a Christmas present to me as well as I have my smartphone back now LOL.

If anyone has any questions about it feel free to message me. I didn't get into the specs on the listing as they are already listed for you in the product description. I just wanted to say this has been a remarkable tablet for my little one. Learning games, movies, and a lot of fun.
55 comments| 167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2013
Its a terrific tablet---does everything that I need it to do. For the price you can't beat it. My brother wants one now.
on February 26, 2013
Mine works fine Came with 2 chargers, both worked. Mine came from china i believe so i expected a couple of weeks and it actually got here way before then. Don't pay attention to some of the reveiws on here i mean come on people! why are you giving a breakable-delicate- (READ: NOT FLIMSY) relatively high tech piece of technology to a 12 year old? Do you realize that 5 years ago touch screens didn't even exist. For s***ssake it's glass, hd-cameras, circuits and advanced NASA stuff all laid into less then .6 inch thick plastic sheilding protecting .9 ounces of pure futuristic-space-age-flux capacitor stuff. When i was twelve i was chasing my neighbors dog with a wiffleball batt... So don't leave nasty comments to the vendor when your kid uses the tablet as a Frisbee. Its not the sellers fault you gave a kid a touchscreen tablet.

Android is a powerful OS and the tablet it's self as far as the hardware is a solid buy at 70$ I have had zero complaints. The only thing that keeps it out of the best-fugging-value-of-the-decade- award-class is that it doesn't have dual processors but again i only paid 70$

If any one knows any thing about electronic android devices they would appreciate this value.

Your welcome.
2626 comments| 800 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse