Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 7, 2007
Once again everything I expected and more. What a great follow up to closer to the sun. No punk songs on this albumn (whick kinda dissapoints me), but it's ok. I'm not sure there should be any ont this album. The whole album grooves perfect together from track to track (17 tracks). Bought this album first thing this morning. Fortunally I have a job where I drive a lot and was able to listen to it straight thrugh 3 times. No skipping tracks here people (Not that I do with any of their albums anyway). Good job, again fellas!
on April 9, 2008
Superb sound on this album. This is a great chill album and perfect for coming after the Closer to the Sun album, which was upbeat. With songs like "Ocean" and "Jimi" will really give you the feeling that you are actually close to the waves. Angelo Moore of Badfish ads some great vocals to the song "Ever Really Wanted" and G. Love stops in to record "Baby I Like It." With these guest artists and the already amazing sound that is Slightly Stoopid why would one even question about getting this album. Do your self a favor and get this CD so that you can also get infected with Chronchitis.
on May 24, 2013
I wasn't familiar with SS until I was watching Palladia one night, and saw they were playing with Bob Weir (I'm a big Dead fan). Watched the show, loved the music, and now have this and Top of the World on permanent rotation in the car CD player. Going to see them live in August, and am totally jazzed. If you like great playing, dub/dancehall beats, and combine that with superior songwriting and a jam band attitude, you will not miss with these guys.
on September 19, 2013
I love this album. I also love Slightly stoopid in general, so this review may be a bit biased... But I think this is one of their better albums.

If you are just getting into SS this is a good album to start on. This is a very full album with a ton of content and so many different styles working together. Overall the sound on this one is a little more mature than say "everything you need." Just plain old good fashioned music. This album has less of a sublime feel and more of a blues / jammy kind of sound to it. It really goes through many different musical styles - from "hold on to the one" which is total blues jam more like the rolling stones, to the summertime world music style of "2am" (which is probably their biggest hit, you hear it on the radio from time to time), to chilled out acoustic rock of "reward for me." But the main thing that sticks out to me in this album is the pure musicality of the band. For people that are into playing music, especially guitar, there is a lot to love here. All songs have some great guitar work, background riffs, excellent solos etc.. And of course a myriad of congos, percussion, horn sections, effects. Some truly clean sounds.

My only downside advice to this album would be for people who I've seen that are usually looking for a little bit more ska/reggae sublime type sound, which this album definitely has some but not as much as say "everything you need" or "closer to the sun" but overall you can't lose!
on February 5, 2013
I will continue to purchase every S.S. album. I love all their previous albums, and they all have a lengthy playlist. If you like S.S. or even anyone similar then youtube this album and then buy it.
on July 2, 2015
This CD is awesome sauce. I put it in my car today to listen to it and was all like whaatttttttttt, this is awesome sauce! I'll probably leave the CD case up on the dashboard of my car so everyone passing by will know that I'm a BOSS. All Hail The Pickle King!
on February 23, 2012
This is an awesome cd. My iPod reset and I lost these songs once, was disappointed about that. This cd has my favorite SS song on it : 2am. Enjoy the mellow music and pretend you're on a so cal beach. A+
on October 19, 2011
This is the first SS album I bought, and i kinda regret it. Should have listened to their previous CDs first, I think it would have helped me digest this one better.

This is basically a reggae album with some kind of soul refference that sounds interesting! The listening is not bad at all, but may get a little repetitive. Very well produced, also.

I just don't get one thing... Is the guy faking a jamaica accent?? I thought he was kidding at first, but I'm affraid he isn't.......
on June 8, 2014
Slighty stoopid puts out great tune's anytime they put pencil to paper. Chronchitis just happen's to be extra great to my ears.Every tune is good's, as there does not seem to be a single "album filler tune". They are masters of there craft and truely a pleasure to fill your ear drums and skull with.
on August 17, 2007
I just listened to this album and I am a little disappointed. All of the songs were slower with i guess you could say laid back but not in the way that collie man is. It just didn't seem the same I love their other stuff from acoustic roots to closer to the sun but Chronchitis didn't do it for me it was too flat. I'll listen to it some more an see if it makes a difference but I just hope when I see them they don't just play their new stuff. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad CD it's just
(in my a opinion) sub par.