4.0 out of 5 stars The Hellstrom Chronicles meets Watership Down, February 6, 2002
This review is from: The Chronicles of Henry Roach-Dairier (Paperback)
There will come a day when Mankind (the Duo Pods) is extinct and the insects have inherited the Earth. The Earth Mother has allowed the Duo Pods' chemical wastes to change the ants and roaches into self-aware beings with unique and viable cultures. Plastics mined from ancient waste disposal sites are essential food supplements for the proper growth and development of these sentient insects. Vying for access and ownership of the plastic mines has created decades of intense animosity, exacerbated by occasional military actions between the ant and roach nations.
This book chronicles four generations of dairier ants and two generations of adopted roaches, who reach out to the roach community to end the hostilities. The ants strive to create common ground in mining, construction, trade and law. Among the roaches, there are those who savor their privileges and will go to any lengths - even murder - to maintain the status quo. If the ants fail, both species will pass away, just as the Duo Pods did.
I had trouble starting this book, because I'm a cat person, not a roach person. However, by the time I got to Chapter 11, I was cruising. Looking back, I think I'll miss Anthony. It takes a very special ant to adopt a roach, because his mate can't have any children of her own. I thought of this book as "The Hellstrom Chronicles" meets _Watership Down_ and I hope you enjoy it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantasy for all, June 13, 2001
Elyssa Gayle (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Chronicles of Henry Roach-Dairier (Paperback)
Deborah Frontiera has written a book that will appeal to both adults and children. While it is a story of two waring insect factions, it could as well be a tale of human frailties and emotions. A delight to read; it is easy to lose yourself in this make believe world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Illustrations, September 27, 2000
This review is from: The Chronicles of Henry Roach-Dairier (Paperback)
I haven't had a chance to read the book, but based on the cover illustrations, I suspect it will be great. I'm not sure I've ever seen this illustrator before in print, but I look foward to seeing more of his work. If anyone knows the illustrator's name, could you please email me? good work, christin

5.0 out of 5 stars A delightful story for all ages., September 22, 2000
This review is from: The Chronicles of Henry Roach-Dairier (Paperback)
Author Deborah Frontiera transports the reader to a world that is both foreign and familiar. Mankind has forfeited its sovereignty over Earth, and Ants and Roaches have now assumed the mantle. This as an adventure story that will appeal to youngsters, and a social commentary that will captivate adults.

The Chronicles of Henry Roach-Dairier
The Chronicles of Henry Roach-Dairier by Deborah K. Frontiera (Paperback - July 2000)
$29.95