Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Chuck
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

• Chuck
  • Customer Reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 12 reviews(1 star). Show all reviews
on March 8, 2014
You either love sum41 or hate them...My friends daughter like a couple songs from this cd that she heard elsewhere so I figured i'd buy her the CD for Christmas. Upon playing it for the first time most of the songs skipped and one didn't play at all. No scratches on the disc and we tried it in several different devices to no avail. Too late to return. A waste.
on December 4, 2011
How in the hell is this band pop punk? What am I missing out on? I actually took the time to listen to this album and a few others from them, and out of all 4 i listened too, this one is the worst. I swear, MTV keeps putting out worthless crap all the time. If you have even a slightly decent taste in music, don't waste your money on this trash. Oh yeah, almost forgot, the song "the bitter end" is a total ripoff of Metallica's "battery".
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 25, 2005
When Sum 41 kicked off their careers with the albums, "Half Hour of Power" and "All Killer No Filler" I thought that they would be easily the next big thing. Since "Does this look infected?" however, I've changed my mind. Chuck is quite possibly one of the worst albums ever released by a pop punk band. Where most songs are not even close to technically appealing, most are downright bad. For instance, the song, "Pieces" is simply a ripoff with even the same chord progression format as Coldplay's "The Scientist". Sum 41 either needs to get original or get out because another album like this and I will lose all faith in the bands that the modern music industry is promoting.
on September 2, 2005
this album is terrible!! the songs are all copied from other bands... and they don't sound good at all! only the first album was decent.. don't waste your money on this junk!
on March 4, 2005
as with most major label pop-punk acts (like blink 182 and good charlotte), sum 41 started out producing power-chord pop songs with intoxicating chorus' and catchy lyrics. All killer, no filler was one of the greatest punk records to hit the early 2000's, and does this look infected? was a descent follow-up. HOWEVER, chuck is one of the worst albums I've bought in a long time. SUM 41 seems to have taken the gc route, meaning that they did away with all the punk influence of the previous albums and went straight for the sell-out experimental tactics of their peers. There is nothing catchy or memorable about chuck, and it rivals good charlottes horrid chronicals of life and death as the WORST album released in 04'. If you want some catchy, memorable pop-punk, check out the latest from yellowcard, fall out boy, bowling for soup, simple plan or lucky boys confusion instead.
on November 3, 2004
I am a big fan of sum 41. Their old music is amazing, with "Fat Lip" and "Hell Song". I bought their old albums. But I was verry disapointed after I heard that Sum 41 was going to release this crap as their new album. Its crap. Every song sounds the same, has crappy lyrics and crappy power- chord rhythms. I love the old Sum 41. I hope they have a next album with songs like Fat Lip. . .
on October 23, 2004
I'll start off by saying that I dont hate these guys as much as I hate Good Charlotte and Simple Plan, but they still suck! Oh...so...tired...falling...asleep...(snore)...(snore)........................................................................................................................................

Oh huh! Okay, I took a nap because of how boring this album was in the backround, I thought I'd play it while I was writing this review so I could write exactly how I felt about it and what do you know! I fell asleep! Thats how boring and cheesy this is. JUST DONT BUY THIS, PLEASE!
on April 29, 2005
i personally dont even think the words pop punk can even be put into the same term. man the first time i heard these guyss i almost got a gun and shot my self.

they dont have any self respect. they get dressed up with makeup even. now there teaching our children that they should break rules and crap like that. i certantly don't mind when people break the law, but when these american loveing jackasses pose to be breaking the law and get money on the worlds worst channel MTV i just want take a icecream scope take out there guts.

Catagory: line them up and shoot them

i hate these guys worse than any other form of music ever
on October 16, 2004
What a coincidence, MTV decies boy bands are over and now they move into the pop punk genre. What does MTV have planned for us next? A "metal" version of britney spears? A rap version of "puddle of mudd". MTV viewers are a lame excuse for living.
on March 27, 2006
Besides Green Day, I feel that Sum 41 is one of the easiest to listen to in the wide variety of manufactured pop-punk from MTV. Whatever it was in "All Killer..." and "Does This..." that made them ok to me has been thrown out the window, though. None of the songs on Chuck shows any real talent and almost every song is somehow a rehash of songs done by other groups, so there is no originality here at all. Here's Chuck song by song:

1. Intro: Why is this here? It isn't good. 0/10

2. No Reason: This doesn't even tie in with the intro (the bonus track "Moron" ties in perfectly, though). The stupid "Hey!" noise gets annoying. Good song, but nothing original. 10/10

3. We're All To Blame: This song is so whiney. The slow parts get annoying fast. 6/10

4. Angels With Dirty Faces: Completely unoriginal. Bleh. 5/10

5. Some Say: Sounds exactly like "Handle This" from "All Killer..." Derek's vocals (Derek is the singer) on this one are pathetic and screachy. 5/10

6. The Bitter End: Good song with a great intro. Seems like a rehash of something I've heard, though. 10/10

7. Open Your Eyes: Sounds a lot like some of the other tracks. 5/10

8. Slipping Away: Awful, skip at all costs. Derek's singing reaches a new low. 0/10

9. I'm Not The One: Another unoriginal song, but this one is somewhat ok. 7/10

10. Welcome To Hell: I like this one (even tough it sounds like some of the other songs). 9/10

11. Pieces: Horrible slow song. Derek's singing is awful. 0/10

12. There's No Solution: I'm not sure which came first at the moment, but this intro is EXACTLY like the intro from AFI's "Bleed Black" on Sing the Sorrow. As for this song, Derek's singing kills it. 3/10

13. 88: It starts out really slow, then gets a little better. 7/10

By the way, there are three bonus tracks that aren't on this CD called "Moron", "Noots", and "Subject To Change." These three songs are, IMO, 10/10s. This album would have been far better if the slow songs were replaced with these, if Moron came after the Intro (which sounds much better than the current track listing), and if somebody made some original songs to replace the songs that all sound the same.

So, my recommendation if you like Sum 41 at all is to just download the good songs. If that isn't an option for you, then just buy one of the earlier two albums (not "Half Hour...") or one of Stink-182's albums instead of this one.Hopefully, Sum 41 will go away and stop making music since they just rip off everyone else.