Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 10, 2014
I have 2 very active Australian Cattle Dogs who LOVE to play with anything we can throw for them to catch. I have had good luck with the Chuckit! brand toys. They tend to be fairly long lasting but we don't let them have the toys all the time. The Boomerang is fun to play with and keeps them on their toes since it curves a bit while in the air. It does not return to the thrower like an authentic boomerang. I have not had the chance to see how well it floats yet. I definately recommend this toy.
on March 17, 2013
So, this is the second one I've purchased. She really loves it. I wish it would last longer, but she is a really aggressive chewer so it held up much longer than I really expected. She loves to play catch with it at the park, but we use it in the pool as well. She enjoys it just as much in water.
on September 24, 2015
I really wanted to love this as I was desperately seeking something that my golden retriever puppy would not destroy almost immediately. I think we got about 2 days out of it before he had chewed it to bits. It really was a shame because he really loved it and had a lot of fun playing with it. I really liked it too because it was easy to throw and easy for him to retrieve and bring back. For the price I really was hoping to get more use/time out of it, as I unfortunately know that in the end, most toys do not last with him. That has been the reality so far so this toy is not alone when it comes to that. I would love it and wish that the material was puppy proof because I really would have probably used it daily since he loved retrieving it.
on December 14, 2015
My dog loves this toy. It hops, jumps and scampers similar to a rabbit might. I use 2--- throw one, she runs after it, retrieves, drops it at my feet while I throw the next one the opposite direction. This keeps her running almost nonstop. She gets a great work out and we have a great time Very durable. After purchasing toy after toy trying to find one that will hold up to rough play, Chuckit is all I buy now. Great line of dog toys.
on July 13, 2015
Got this for my 1 year old Weimaraner. He loves all the chuckit "flying" products. This is our 4th. We have two circular flying ones, a triangular one which is his absolute favorite and now this boomerang which brings in points with his human 8 year old brother who is the head thrower of all these toys for Pluto. What I really like about the boomerang in particular is that it is small enough to stick in your pocket. its light and durable and my pup will stop playing with balls and sticks and be completely out of breath but you pull this out of your pocket and he will keep going and going..
on March 5, 2009
Nitro is my 2 year-old Golden Retriver. He has a tendancy to be pretty rough on his toys, but the Chuckit Amphibious Boomerang lasted him well over a year before I had to get him a new one. Believe me, I HAD to get him a new one. This toy is durable, waterproof, and there is no stuffing that can be ripped out and deposited all over the house. As tough as it is however, it eventually will get chewed up, but even then held together with no small parts coming out that a dog could choke on. It has no squeaker, so my Border Collie wasn't interested in it in the least. Nitro, however, only wants to play with this. If your dog likes to chase after something and bring it back to you about a thousand times a day, this is the toy for your pup.
on July 16, 2013
This is made of a strong foam inside, with what seemed to be a strong material on the outside. Not so. I gave it to my dog to get her aquainted with it before we tried it at the beach to make sure she would like it so I wouldn't be the one swimming out to get it. 1 minute later she had chewed it in 1/2. I think it would have worked well as a beach toy, but if your dog is a chewer like mine then this is not a toy for them.
on March 28, 2013
Our dog LOVES flying discs (Frisbee's) and often doesn't always bring them back to the porch when she's ready to come inside. We went ahead and got this as an addition to our flying object collection so that when her discs are scattered in the yard we have a back up object to throw for her... our dog is a bit neurotic in the sense that she won't go out into the yard in the mornings unless we throw a disc/object for her! it's a routine she'll never break..

Anyway, wasn't looking for much in expecting this to be all that interesting for her since it doesn't float/fly like a flying disc, but to my surprise she loves it all the same! Great quality and highly recommended. No experience with it around water yet...
on November 26, 2013
It's my dogs favorite outdoor toy. It doesn't fly real far like some of his others, which is great since he's not that into running. He can grip it strongly and play his game of tug-of-war. It's lasted a long time, but he doesn't chew on it much.
on May 3, 2015
My dog loves to play fetch, but there is something about this boomerang that drives him a little bit manic. If it's in the trunk of the car (hatchback), he somehow knows it's there and starts freaking out. If it's on a tabletop--even if my dog hasn't recently seen anyone place it on the tabletop, and he isn't tall enough to see the boomerang--he somehow knows it's there and doesn't want to do anything else but dance around at the edge of table in an attempt to will the boomerang to him. If this boomerang is in the house, he's not interested in playing with any of his other toys. It's like the toy is laced with something. It's a little disturbing, actually. It makes him happy as all get-out when we take him to the park and play fetch with this, and he doesn't lose interest in the toy even if he's panting and in need of a break.

I docked a star because my dog chewed through the lining within the first few minutes of unpacking it from the Amazon box. As long as we keep him moving and chasing after the boomerang, all is good, but it's not a durable toy. He likes to chew but he's not that destructive of a chewer. So keep that in mind and always monitor your dog when s/he plays with this.