5.0 out of 5 stars A guy's perspective
Published on December 4, 2007 by C. Collins

3.0 out of 5 stars Never read it was aa gift
I gave it to a friend that had gone threw a break up after many many years. Reading the book was a little distraction and a little insight to where they were in life
Published on December 14, 2011 by sdsandi

5.0 out of 5 stars A guy's perspective, December 4, 2007
C. Collins (Thousand Oaks, CA) - See all my reviews
It might seem strange for a man to be recommending this book, given the title. But I have a woman friend trapped in a relationship with a real loser of a guy, so I bought a copy of the book for her. Before actually giving her the book, I read it for myself, and really enjoyed it. I felt that it was realistic, fair, and practical. The author is sensitive to what such women are going through, but firm about what must be done. And yet the book also has plenty of humor, which makes it an easy and pleasant read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is saying LIFESAVER too extreme??, October 11, 2007
Dump that Chump is the perfect book for women who are unhappy in love. Dr. Debra takes a caring, yet strong-handed approach towards leaving Mr. Wrong and finding Mr. Right. From helpful quizzes to advice from what you will feel is coming from your best friend, DUMP THAT CHUMP is a must read for anyone who can't win in their relationship. If you know you are with a chump, but just can't bear leaving him, read this book and save your life! Funny, witty, caring and educational, this book is essential for women of all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Book for Learning to Stop Choosing the Wrong Partners, December 19, 2007
Dump that chump-If you want to find the right partner and believe that you can't then read this book! Dr. Debra is not only a psychologist with lots of professional experience behind her but also writes this book from her own life experiences of being in relationships with real life chumps. Knowing that she has these experiences, makes you take heart in what she has to offer and believe that if she can then maybe I can too. She gives you detailed information on how to identify the differnet types of chumps, how to end these relationships and move on to bigger and better relationships. Dr. Debra is not only an experienced professional but she is witty, warm and compassionate. This makes the book even more real and helpful. This book is a must read for learning how to make the right choices in your love life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Real help for heartache., March 3, 2008
If you are heartbroken and devastated over a breakup or if you are preparing to end your relationship and need to make an action plan this is the book you want to have with you at all times. Dr. Mandel gives real world advice on breaking it off, how to avoid calling and seeing your Ex and how to get over the pain of losing your mate. She also helps with techniques to stop pining over your Ex and romanticizing what was truly a bad relationship. Finally, she then moves you into recovery, reflection and even getting back to dating. I found the book refreshing, the strategies and tips were complete lifesavers and she gave examples of other women in similar situations and what they did to change their lives. So many people tell you to be strong and to "get over it", but it's not that easy and they don't really tell you HOW you're supposed to do that. This book tells you how. There's a million tips and tricks in this book and trust me, if you really do the work, you can move past the pain and into a better place.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT'S AS IF DR.DEBRA KNOWS ME!!!!, December 5, 2007
pumper1 "chris" (Ventura County, CA) - See all my reviews
I've read each of Dr. Debra's books, and she is so spot on when it comes to issues of the heart. In her first book, "Healing the Sensitive Heart" she helped me understand my "baggage",from where it comes, and how I can control it's effect on my real life. Her second book, "Your Boss ie not your Mother" helped me with ALL my business relationships, helping me establish boundaries which are professional and rewarding for myself and my business associates. "Dump that Chump" brings it home again, helping me understand how women and men can get themselves out of bad relationships and start thriving again. I would recommend this book to anyone who is having a hard time understanding why they are in a bad relationship, anyone who wants to learn the tools to understand what part they have in the bad stuff, and how to save the relationship or accept it is time to move on.

5.0 out of 5 stars A LIBRARY STAPLE!, December 5, 2007
As a woman and a therapist, I would say this book is a staple in anyone's library. Dr. Debra is so positive, funny, and "tough-lovingly" encourages women AND men to create healthier models of relationships. You may see a piece of yourself in each vignette, and feel as if you've gotten years of therapy in one reading. Thank you, Dr. Debra. Please keep writing books!
Dr. Nancy B. Irwin, Los Angeles

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Dating & Relationship Book Ever, July 19, 2009
This is an easy read, and the numerous examples she gives are great in illustrating what she is talking about what constitutes a useless relationship. It's a reality check without feeling like you're having cold water thrown in your face. If you identify yourself, or anyone you know with these examples, you're not going to feel like a total moron for being with the wrong person. The author maintains a positive tone throughout, while bringing up a great many points about BOTH the guy and girl.

I like the fact that she sees both sides of it, and in some cases points out that some of the women have not healed themselves. I really dislike books about dating and relationships that "favor" one gender over the other (books for women that are negative about men, and vise versa).

Only thing that COULD come off as negative is the title. I bought the book on a whim and actually I thought it would be cheesy humor - written more in the style of "Why Men Love Bitches". I want to give this book to one of my girlfriends - someone who is with a decent guy but might have too high of expectations of their relationship. I want her to read through it and maybe she will see that he's not a chump after all (or maybe she will decide that he is!).

I'm still giving the book 5 stars, because it's not only REALLY practical with tons of sound advice, but also funny in the process, and that makes it a rare find!

4.0 out of 5 stars gift, July 29, 2008
I got this for a friend of mine she said she got a few good giggles out of it. Cheered her up maybe it will help you too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, August 31, 2011
This review is from: Dump That Chump! From Doormat to Diva in Only Nine Steps--a Guide to Getting Over Mr. Wrong (Paperback)
I love this book. It really helped me. I particuarlly like the practical advice on moving and and getting over it and stop wasting time. I saw everything in a new light.

3.0 out of 5 stars Never read it was aa gift, December 14, 2011