4.0 out of 5 stars 20 MM wide THE BAND
Published on February 21, 2010 by Rusty Schakelfer

1.0 out of 5 stars Low quality. Itchy.
Awful low quality band. Arrived with lots of loose frayed threads. Something about the low quality nylon or velcro was really itchy and bothersome while wearing the watch. It didn't look like it would last that long but I can't speak directly to its longevity because it was too itchy to continue to wear so I threw it away. Strap is wide, but the velcro just in the...
Published 3 months ago by S. Gangstead

4.0 out of 5 stars 20 MM wide THE BAND, February 21, 2010
Great band if you are active and looking for something versatile that wont break or flop around on your wrist when you're running or biking etc. It is hard to find the right "usual place" when putting THE BAND on. I have had many of these over the years and developed a great trick that improves comfort and the ease of putting it on. (it will only work if your wrist is smaller than the length of the band however). I put it on and wear it for a day or so, making sure to get the fit not too tight or to loose. Then mark where the end of the band would just match up with the rubber THE BAND logo (so there would be no overlap of the material, it would make a complete circle end to end). Then just cut off the extra that would be wrapping around and put a couple of stitches through the end so the velcro won't separate from the cloth material. Now to put it on you just put the end of the band (the one you cut) right up to the end of the other side and its a perfect fit every time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best wide band for Casio Pathfinder on small, bony wrists, July 14, 2012
This review is from: Chums The Band 20mm Wide Watch Band (Sports)
My new Casio Pathfinder PAW 2000 is supposed to be a "slim" version, but it still is very large. When worn with the original resin band, the watch's sharp plastic edges rubbed my 6" bony wrist raw. So I needed a replacement band. I first tried the Voguestrap, but it doesn't fit smaller wrists. I then ordered the Chums band; it solved my problem. While the Chums band is not as stylish as the Voguestrap, the Chums band fits a much wider range of wrist sizes (including my 6" wrist), and its wider, sturdier design provides a better platform to keep my Pathfinder from wounding me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Probably a great band, but doesn't fit my watch, March 22, 2012
This review is from: Chums The Band 20mm Wide Watch Band (Sports)
Just writing this review to let people know it's about 1mm to big to fit Garmin forerunner 310XT. I might try to operate on it a little w/ some scissors to make it fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect solution for a stupid-big G-Shock, May 6, 2009
This band is just what I was hoping for. It's super comfortable, much slimmer than those stupid G-Shock bands, and it feels super secure.

My watch is already absurdly big. The "currogated" band that came with it just made things worse. My new The Band makes the whole package more snug. I got the wide version because it matches the wide face of the G-Shock better. The watch is supposed to take a 16mm band, but I managed to fold in this 20mm band at the necessary places and it fits great!

The only thing to get used to is that every time you put it on you have to decide exactly how tight to put it. There is no "usual" position like with the hole style watch bands. The upside is infinite adjustability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs!, May 13, 2013
Capricorn One (Alexandria VA USA) - See all my reviews
I have a 20mm (pin size) large chrome finish "Sport style" watch and the old velcro band simply wore out. I had my doubts about this one, but figured I'd give it a try. Very pleased. It is extremely well made, and very easy to attach (DON"T REMOVE THE PINS! YOU DON"T NEED TO!). This slips through the pin openings. Fits my wrist absolutely perfectly, looks great, very comfortable against my wrist, and....what more can I say. Buy one!

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I wanted, June 11, 2013
Parky (North Collins, NY United States) - See all my reviews
this band fits my needs exactly, it is fully adjustable doesnt shift around and holds my watch just as I want it to. Other bands are tight i the morning and have to be constantly adjusted, this one hold it's position fine!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Watchband, April 28, 2011
This review is from: Chums The Band 20mm Wide Watch Band (Sports)
The best watchband I've owned. I have been a "The Band" user since the early 90's and have never lost a watch. I still have my first one and just throw it in the washer when it gets dirty. They also work well with a Medical ID Bracelet Plaque from StickyJ.com.

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING PRODUCT!, August 25, 2010
B. Babb "kites0852" (Virginia Beach, VA United States) - See all my reviews
I received mine yesterday. My wrist is approx 6" circumference. Finding a velcro strap (normal straps can hook on things causing a failure of the strap and loss of the watch) that would comfortably fit had been an exercise in futility.

The instructions (printed inside the cardboard the strap is wound around) show how to assemble the watch to the strap.

First, decide which orientation you want - i.e. the logo towards you - and then assemble your watch to the strap.

It comfortably wraps around my wrist, securely binding it in place. No scratchy feel from velcro contact with skin.

My watch was a tiny bit smaller than the strap width, I cut a "V" on each side (just to the seam of the velcro, not into it), to allow for the pins to be inserted, have done this with many velcro straps with no problems.

I intend to order several more of these.

I work in a place where the watch crystal is in constant danger of being scratched, would love to have a small velcro flap to protect the watch (removable would be better) for when I am working.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Always Awesome, June 4, 2013
I have worn these bands since I was a kid. Going on 15 years now. The last one I wore last me 4 years of very hard use. I can't find these bands in stores anymore so I got on amazon to get one. When I saw the 20mm Version of the original band I had to have it. The original ''The Band'' is very comfortable but this wide one is even more so. After five minutes of putting it on i forgot i was even wearing a watch. If you need a band for a casual or sport watch you won't find a better one than this. Id pay twice as much for this band with out hesitation. VERY HIGHLY recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome watch band!!!, August 15, 2012
This review is from: Chums The Band 20mm Wide Watch Band (Sports)
I bought this Chums "the band" wide strap to replace the orginal band that came with my Sony Ericsson Liveview. The band that Sony included was JUNK. Anyway, this is a huge improvement.
It's built really well and looks great/sporty.
Love it!!!