5.0 out of 5 stars Works great
I have tried a few different scents of Xtra and the mountain rain one is probably my favorite. It works great and is reasonably priced.
Published on April 21, 2012 by StillWaters

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate Detergent for washing darker clothes
Published on January 23, 2012 by JTK Out West

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, April 21, 2012
This review is from: Church & Dwight #41052 45OZ Xtra RainDetergent (Health and Beauty)

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate Detergent for washing darker clothes, January 23, 2012
Given the low price, this detergent does a surprisingly good job. It certainly gets clothes clean, but does not remove stains (although it did fade stains on my lighter-colored clothes) nor does it impart any type of aroma on freshly washed clothes that I could detect. My suggestion is to use this one on dark clothes and socks, but use a detergent with bleach for those lighter colored items.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great alternative to more expensive detergents!, August 12, 2009
Ashlee (Manteca, CA) - See all my reviews
I've pretty much always been a Gain user, but in this economy, we're trying to cut back wherever we can. I decided to try this detergent mostly based on the price. At the store I was shopping, the 96 load bottle of this stuff cost $6.50, whereas the same size Gain was $16.00! How could you go wrong?! I got it home and used it, and believe it or not, my laundry came out smelling a little more fresh than usual. It's nice scent and it leaves our clothes smelling fresh and clean! This is a great product at a bargain price! I definitely recommend it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Detergent Ever, December 5, 2011
Xtra detergent is, like the title of this review says, the worst detergent I've ever used. I work in a machine shop so I suppose I put laundry detergent to the test... and Xtra failed. After washing my jeans (twice) they look like I just ran them through with nothing but water. I won't even use the rest of the bottle. Put it this way - it's so bad I'm a GUY who is actually taking the time to write an Amazon review about laundry detergent. Just trying to save a few folks who actually get their clothes dirty a few bucks.

Church & Dwight #41052 45OZ Xtra RainDetergent
$3.50 $3.19
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.