5.0 out of 5 stars A classic!, January 11, 2000
Marin Carpenter (Sunnyvale, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Church Mice Adrift (Paperback)
I first received this book when I was very young, and enjoyed it completely. Through various household moves the book was packed and unpacked with other childhood treasures, and at every unpacking I would sit down and read it again. Now as an adult I still enjoy an occasional sit down with Sampson the Cat and the rest. A clever story, suspense <and suspension>, and humor, combined with hilarious illustrations makes for a great read for young and old alike

5.0 out of 5 stars memorable characters, May 7, 2009
This review is from: The Church Mice Adrift (Paperback)
Thirty years later, my children still talk about this book. The adventures and the vocabulary are unique. The personalities with which Oakley invests his characters are so memorable. My grandchildren are going to be introduced to Sampson and the church mice now, in their turn. Giggles to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love the church mice!, January 5, 2011
This review is from: The Church Mice Adrift (Hardcover)
graham oakley's church mice books are super fun. the facial expressions on the mice and sampson, the church cat, are hilarious. the plot in the church mice adrift is very funny. the story is also told in the detailed illustrations. some of the humor is lost on my kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Kids Books, April 1, 2010
Norm Walker (River Falls WI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Church Mice Adrift (Paperback)
My mother started collecting these books when they first came out way back in the 80s. She now has every single one. I am pretty sure this is my favorite one. I love reading them to my two little boys it brings back warm memories of sitting on my Dads lap while he read to me and my brother. Stories are written well but the great parts of these books is the wonderful illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars My childhood favorite, March 19, 2014
Meg Larson (Round Rock, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Church Mice Adrift (Hardcover)
The Church Mice books by Graham Oakley were my favorite books when I was very little, and I bought a couple of my old favorite for my mom as a present for Mother's Day. The drawings are just as intricate and beautiful as I remember.

5.0 out of 5 stars The books are really for me!, January 18, 2014
This review is from: The Church Mice Adrift (Hardcover)
As I purchase each book for my grandchildren, I look forward to re-reading them again. My 2 children and I found the Oakley books many years ago in the local public library. How we laughed at the silly plots and wonderful depictions of the character mice and Sampson.
Time passed and the books were forgotten until we had the grandchildren and I began to search for reading materials. It was a joy to find the series again and know how much the grandchildren would enjoy the wonderful illustrations by the gifted artist and author. Using the pictures alone, one can tell the story to the younger children and bypass the text until they are older. The truth is, the older they get, the more they will treasure the books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Being a cat lover and the book was bought for a friend who is also a lover of all things Cat!, January 7, 2014
This review is from: The Church Mice Adrift (Hardcover)
Graham Oakley has given us many hours of delightful reading, as I have purchased several of his
books and happily shared them with friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful illustrations and story, January 3, 2014
This review is from: The Church Mice Adrift (Paperback)
Appreciate the art as well as the story. I own all in the series, and well worth keeping for generations.

4.0 out of 5 stars cute, September 10, 2013
This review is from: The Church Mice adrift (Paperback)
enjoy all the books in this series - read them to my own kids years and years ago and they loved them

5.0 out of 5 stars A Pleasure for All Ages, May 1, 2013
This review is from: The Church Mice Adrift (Hardcover)
The stories about the church mice and Sampson the church cat are hilarious to kids and have plenty of puns for the adults reading to the young ones.

The Church Mice Adrift
The Church Mice Adrift by Graham Oakley (Hardcover - March 1, 2010)
Used & New from: $35.31