5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, tried and true recipes
My daughter in law had this recipe book and I loved it so I purchased it at Amazon. The recipes are ones that my Mom and Grandma used to make as well as some I used when my children were younger. Very nice book, well done. Would make a nice gift for a young bride!
Published on June 8, 2008 by Jeanette M. Johnson

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a disappointment
If you are looking for a book full of desserts, cakes, pies, this is for you! However, if you are looking for a book with main dish recipes to take to your church supper, don't waste your money.
Published on May 2, 2008 by Carol Matt

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a disappointment, May 2, 2008
Carol Matt (Alton, MO United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Church Socials: 782 Delicious Recipes from Our Church Communities for All Your Special Celebrations (Spiral-bound)

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy, tried and true recipes, June 8, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Super baked goods, May 25, 2009
So far I have only prepared some of the baked goods. They are incredible! I have also found that I can substitute other ingredients (non-dairy egg replacer for eggs, less sugar, other fruits), and the recipes still turn out beautifully.

2.0 out of 5 stars wrong size, January 8, 2009
Cady Ott (Bucks Cty,PA) - See all my reviews
I have the authors first book and find it to large to work with in the kitchen. From what I can see she would have had a winner had she combined the books and made them regular community cook book size. Not enough casserole recipes. Comfort food is the key and it's missing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hard to find particular recipes, March 10, 2010
Carlen L. Wilcox (Tuolumne, CA United States) - See all my reviews
If you don't know the exact name of a dish it is very hard trying to find what you are looking for. One of the worst indexes for recipes I have ever seen. I have not tried any of the recipes in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for your kitchen!!!, May 14, 2010
A. Bell (St Louis, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews
Every recipe I have tried in this cookbook so far has been excellent. I am assuming the recipes have been "truly" tried and tested due to the excellent outcomes I have experienced so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just for Church Socials, October 28, 2008
A treasure of recipes for not just Church Socials. Although it certainly is great for that I intend to use a recipe or two for our fall family gathering coming up. Well done cook book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cookbook!, June 12, 2013
This is a great cookbook that is sure to please. I enjoy the simplicity of the recipes. A must for anyone. S. Wright of OK

Used & New from: $0.92