5.0 out of 5 stars Best Insert for Domke F-2, April 8, 2013
This review is from: Ciesta Flexible Camera Insert Partition for DSLR SLR Lens (Brown / Large) (Electronics)
I am a big fan of the legendary Domke camera bags. One of my favorite street shooting bags is the well known Domke F-2 Waxwear edition (though I plan on buying the Domke F-1x soon). However, I was never a fan of the Domke inserts that came with the bag or that are available separately (this is rumored to be fixed in the next generation of Domke bags scheduled for release Spring 2013). Regardless, I found them sufficient enough for normal use and never aggressively sought to replace it.

While researching and reviewing the newly released Tenba Roadie II, I ran across the Ciesta Flexible Camera Insert (large size). What caught my attention was some marketing material showing the insert fit the Domke F-2. I took the plunge. Low and behold, it worked perfectly as if it was specifically designed for the F-2. The insert is well made, fully adjustable, comes with a cinch strap, and perfectly fits the Domke. In my opinion, it is the insert Domke should have included with the bag and its worth every penny. The padded interior of the bag and customizable dividers provide sufficient protection. However, the bottom of the insert is not as padded as the hard bottom provided in the F-2. No big deal, I just kept the bottom board for the added protection and would recommend you do the same, though not really necessary.

The bag is apparently produced by a relatively unknown company. Subsequently, the availability of this product can be intermittent and if its available, I would jump at it. In fact, I just purchased a second one to use in one of my messenger bags. The bag is also available in a medium size for smaller bags.

Bottom line, I strongly recommend buying this insert. You will not be disappointed and will be much happier with your Domke camera bag. The bag is available on Amazon or through a third-party seller called SkyDepot. Sky Depot delivered my insert in a few days- perfect transaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you're searching for a flexible, well-padded camera insert - you've found it!, February 5, 2014
Phbrowne (Cape Cod, MA) - See all my reviews
Let me start by saying that I wanted a camera bag that did not scream "steal me! I have valuable equipment inside!" That ruled out most traditional camera bags. I also wanted something that could be used in a variety of ways. I wanted something that I could move from messenger bag to backpack to suitcase that would provide protection and flexibility. This product delivers.

I bought the large size for my Nikon 3200 with 18-55 lens attached, separate 55-300 lens, and flash. I might have been able to fit it in the medium bag, but I wanted the extra room. This bag fits everything with loads of room to spare.

Well constructed. The padding is in vertical channels which allow the bag to compress to the shape of the carry bag. The interior dividers can be re-positioned with Velcro tabs that really grip. It closes with a drawstring of two-layer nylon. One small quibble - I do wish the top closure had a little padding in it. Also wish that it had a small pocket or two to hold all those bits that cameras seem to have. But those small things aside, I love the way it protects my camera and lenses and can fit into whatever bag I want to carry.

I now have the flexible bag I was searching for. I may order the medium size for times when I am traveling with less equipment.

Pros: Well constructed. Flexible padding allows the bag to adapt. Configurable interior padding.

Cons: No pockets. Top could use a little padding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect insert for me!, July 1, 2013
I've tried a number of solutions to hold my gear...1 DSLR body and as many as 7 lenses plus various accessories. That was too much, too big, too inconvenient for me. So I 'slimmed down' my bag to carry only 4 lenses I typically used on a shoot. I found a simple, non-attention-drawing, black 'gym bag' at Wallmart with used a non-adjustable insert from one of the bags I already owned. The camera was loose in the bag and small lenses were 'lost' in the insert and the medium tele too big.

The slightly larger size of this bag insert and infinite adjustability of the velcro attached partitions completely solved my problems. I can carry 4 lenses and camera all very well protected. As I've sold off my lesser-used lenses, this now holds everything I own. When needed, I strap my monopod or tripod to the outside of the 'gym bag'.

I think I can say with assuredness that this will be the last insert I buy as it works so well for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOMESAUCE, March 29, 2014
This is a large bag, perfect for my lenses and camera. I need more words so....wooooo i love it. hi.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Domke F2, January 29, 2014
This insert is far better than anything I've seen from Domke, and it fits into the F2 perfectly. It's nicely padded, and the light brown interior makes it easy to see what's inside. The drawstring closure is great for keeping dust and sand away from your gear. Before buying this, that was my main gripe with the F2 - the poorly fitted, floppy top cover. I stuck two of the partitions that came with the Ciesta insert into the zippered pocket in the F2's cover, and now with the drawstring closure it's the perfect combination.

Size wize, it'll fit a D800 with a grip and 70-200 f2.8 attached, and I can get a 50mm prime, a teleconverter, and an SB 900 in as well (after making little pockets next to the lens with the supplied partitions). That's just the insert, there are still 4 more pockets in the F2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, adaptable camera enclosure, January 28, 2014
I have purchased two of these, picking up the second for my wife after she coveted mine. My first purchase was made directly from Hong Kong to fit my Canon EOS camera with 70-200 lens attached. I wanted to use this insert in my Domke 700-02A F-2 Bag and discovered it fit perfectly. It is also extremely easy to pull this out and adapt it to any large backpack or other obscure bag. The construction is very high quality, partitions are easily and securely adjusted and will accommodate most lens and camera configurations.

This is one of the best camera case purchases I ever made - highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, January 2, 2014
Great for creating a fashion statement camera bag out of a designer tote. Easily holds pro dslr, lenses, and flash. Plenty protective padding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit for Travoy Small Shopping Bag, November 16, 2013
Love this bag...it was a perfect fit for the "Small Shopping Bag" on my Burley Travoy bicycle trailer, and became the final piece to turn the Travoy into a photography gear trailer.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not as huge as you might imagine, but it's still a wonderful Insert. Maybe the best out there., November 9, 2013
Daddy Shawn "Writer & daddy." (La Verne, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Great partition but the large is not quite as large as I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, it's nice and works great. But the large is more of a medium size bag. I have a large collection of lens I take for digital filming and was hoping to get more in this. Other than the size it's pretty perfect. Well made, lots of padding, and high for the longer lens. I'd recommend to anyone that wants a partition, especially those like me who prefer non-camera bags so we aren't easy targets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect insert for F2 Bag, November 6, 2013
I have been looking for an insert for my Domke F2 bag. I needed an insert that would hold a DSLR camara plus lens and hood and extra lenses. The Ciesta insert is perfect.

Rate and Discover Movies