Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sanoxy Two-Way 12V DC Car Charger Double Power Adapter Socket Dual Splitter for Most Cell Phones - Retail Packaging - Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 26, 2009
I received the item very quickly as promised, no worries there. used the device for 1 week and 1 of the 2 sides stopped working. I did receive an email from the seller after advising my situation, I was impressed by the fast response. this may or may not have been a factory defect. Bottom line, is the unit broke, for whatever reason.
on September 29, 2009
This dual charger is OK for the low amp charging jobs like GPS, Bluetooth and Cellphone auto charging. However, give it a bigger job like an 8 amp draw mini moto air pump (for pumping air into the tires) and it blew this 12 Volt Two Way DC Car Charger into a smelly mess (along with my cig lighter fuse). FYI-The Scosche 12 volt twin adapter is the same as this one.
77 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 15, 2012
Essentially you get what you pay for.

Bought this for my Jeep, to use my cell phone charger and GPS at the same time. It worked just fine, until the piece of metal that holds it together fell off while it was plugged in. Needless to say, it fell apart while it was still connected - ended up with metal stuck in the socket that I had to get out with pliers.

So does it "work", yep. It was fine for the two whole weeks it was fully assembled.

Buyer beware.
on January 30, 2010
I just recieved this item and used it for about 4 hours before it overheated and stopped working. It cannot handle very much, so tread lightly.
on July 8, 2010
I got this product to charge my phone, use an FM transmitter and use a GPS system in any order. I have not had any problems of the unit overloading like the other reviewers have described. I would just use caution before plugging in anything that draws a lot of power. One thing you need to consider is that it may need to be positioned vertically as in my car it blocks the stick shift. But not a big deal. Overall a good deal and get the job done.
on September 24, 2012
The dual charger is great. It allows me to charge my GPS and phones while on long trips. I especially like it because I can charge my phone while listening to Pandora on long trips since I discontinued my satellite radio service. I recommend this product for those on the go and needing to charge multiple items.
on August 26, 2012
I have a small car and the console is very close to my median area. But this product is small enough to fit and allow for my chargers with room enough to spare. This item works very well and for the price, you just can't beat it. The wait time for delivery is a little long, but as long as you are not in a hurry, the product is great.

PS After reading the other comments I should mention that all I charge is my GPS and my cell phone. So far no short outs, no smoking, etc. Both sides still work and I have used it since I purchased it in mid-July.
on October 4, 2012
It works perfectly. In my all three car. While going to road trip, this is very helpful. while charging GPS, I will charge my iphone.
on September 28, 2012
I bought two of these, one for my van and one for my car.
I have both a FM iPod holder and a portable GPS.
Without these I am unable to run both at the same time.
Now, I can and am very happy with them.
Highly recommend the purchase of one or more, if you have more than one device to use in the vehicle.
on October 7, 2013
I got this a couple of months back ti use both GPS and iPhone charger together (as my car had only one power output) . As can be seen, the price is reasonable with no shipping charges and it arrived fairly fast (within 3-4 days of ordering).

I used it immediately and it works just fine and I can use simultaneously any two of the three things: GPS, iPhone charger and a bluetooth device. Never had any problem with it.

Many people have complained about it blowing up. I dont think its a drawback/limitation of the adapter. Its clearly mentioned it can handle up to 12 V and if you connect something which draws more power, it will malfunction and burn for sure.

All in all its a handy gadget to have in car.

The only disadvantage i can think of is, it fits a little lose in the socket and the shape can be a little difficult to adjust in some cars (but you can verify that by the images accompanying the product).