Cilantro didn't take I am growing the herb garden and my cilantro didn't take. It's my favorite of all the herbs in the kit.
Any suggestions?
All of the other herbs are growing like crazy! I can't figure out what went wrong with the cilantro. Maybe it's a dud?
Thank you!
asked by EKC on February 19, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I read that the problem with the cilantro was that the rice glue they use sometimes prevents the seeds from sprouting. Buy some cilantro seeds (they are cheap), plant about four of them in the pod that didn't grow. If this works for you, you can buy the master gardener refills to grow more plants from the seeds.
Anthony Jacques answered on January 21, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Aerogarden discontinued the cilantro in recent kits because this was apparently a common complaint :( If you go to this link, they'll send you a replacement pod of oregano, thyme or basil :)
http://www.aerogrow.com/customercare/signup_pod/signup_pod.php
Jennifer O'Gorman answered on February 28, 2008
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you. I ordered my kit with Cilantro as a primary goal. It arrived with a notice that it was replaced with Oregano (I grow that outside in summer & dry it). Very disappointed. I REALLY appreciate your info re the problem & suggestion to try other seeds.
ravehausmouse answered on March 4, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I got one cilantro that sprouted, but it grew all crazy out of the pod. The other seeds were as good as rocks. Everything else in the kit is going great. I'm going to ask for a subsititute ((thanks Jennifer)) and try throwing some "corriander seed" in there from my spice rack jar. (Who knows - it just might work?)
D. Doyle answered on February 4, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for reminding me to follow up: The seeds from my spice rack worked great, and I never bothered to ask for a replacement! They take longer than the other seeds to sprout, but it *totally* worked... essentially for free!
D. Doyle answered on March 5, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product