5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product: No more spills!
Published on February 7, 2010 by CC

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work.
I bought this for my wife as a stocking stuffer this past Christmas. I thought it would be great to seal a bottle of wine and not have it drip when it is lying down in the fridge. It leaks like a sieve. It doesn't matter what you do, or what wine bottle you put it on, it still leaks. Additionally, the finish is brushed, not polished as shown it the photo. Not worth a dime.
Published on January 21, 2013 by JG

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product: No more spills!, February 7, 2010
CC (Brooklyn,NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer (Kitchen)
I was looking for a wine sealer that wouldn't leak when the bottle was placed on its side. Many of the wine sealers were decorative and merely inserted in the mouth of the bottle. They did not provide the seal I wanted. The Frieling Cilio wine sealer "did the job!" It is easily put on and wraps tighly around the top of the bottle providing a seal that is very tight. I am very happy with this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cilio Wine Sealer, January 7, 2013
Length:: 1:21 Mins

Quick overview & demonstration of how the Cilio Wine Sealer works. Many reviewers have noted that there are no instructions included, which is true - but it is extremely simple. Start at around 0:40 for a functional demonstration.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cilio wine sealer, March 14, 2011
This review is from: Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer (Kitchen)
In order to fit a taller bottle of wine in my fridge, I needed a wine sealer that would let me store the bottle on its side without leaking. The Cilio wine sealer was perfect. It's small and light, and easy to put on the bottle. I've stored wine in the fridge on its side with no spills. Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, easy to get on and off, September 25, 2011
This review is from: Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer (Kitchen)
Although the mechanism feels a little flimsy, it looks great pops on and off easy, and does hold a seal

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work., January 21, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we needed!, October 10, 2011
This review is from: Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer (Kitchen)
We store some open wine bottles (especially 1.5 liter)on their side in our refrigerator. We had never had wine closers that did not leak until now. We are delighted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product, may lead to poor choices., September 29, 2014
This review is from: Cilio Wine Sealer, Set of 2
How does this work? No one knows. Something about science. This thing is awesome. It's a bit tricky to figure out but once you do, it's fantastic.

NOTE: If you are more than slightly intoxicated, be careful when placing a bottle sealed with this device sideways in the fridge. There is a slight chance of you forgetting that this is not a wine handle and when you go to retrieve the bottle, you pull the top off before the bottle is upright, spilling the remaining 3/4 of your last bottle of $7 Trader Joe's moscato all over the fridge and floor. Since you are inebriated, you can't quite get it together to mop up the mess before your dogs get to it and now you're drunk with your dogs and are out of chilled wine and are forced to drink the chardonnay your mother-in-law gave you 3 years ago at room temperature while you try to corral the drunk corgis.

1.0 out of 5 stars The word "Sealer" in this product name is deceptive., March 14, 2013
JMon "MPLS_gadgeteer" (Minneapolis, MN, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer (Kitchen)
I bought this in the hopes that it might acutally create a seal. Wishful thinking, it does not seal the bottle. Looks good, but functionality is not so good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cilio Wine Sealer, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer (Kitchen)
I purchased two of the wine sealers, along with an electric wine bottle opener. I gave the bottle opener and one of the wine sealers as a gift and kept one wine sealer to myself. The wine sealer I kept for myself doesn't work at all but not worth the price of shipping to send it back for refund. Don't know if the other one worked or not. Obviously I'm not impressed with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT! NO LEAK WINE BOTTLE SEALER, November 18, 2012
KIKI (MACHESNEY PARK, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer (Kitchen)
I was tired of wine bottle stoppers that just sat there but didn't actually seal the bottle. This clever little item does the job at a decent price! I found pressing down and turning slightly seemed to help seal on first (test) bottle; but on the next bottle, simply pushing down Cilio instantly clicked and sealed! Just press WINE button on top to release! LOVE IT!

Cilio 18/10 Stainless Steel Wine Sealer