1,984 Reviews
 (1,100)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, great company, but not fully clear
Published on June 23, 2012 by D. Sullivan

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid case with a low price with some issues
The case fits the Galaxy S3 like a glove and the front of the case has a lip that raises the glass off any surface if laid glass down. However, this can make the home button a bit difficult to press. The side buttons are a little hard to press as well and they do not stick out very much.

I had this brand and style case on my S2 and it held up well. Very good...
Published on June 27, 2012 by E. Cox

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, great company, but not fully clear, June 23, 2012
UPDATE 06/27/2012: Today I found out that Cimo is a fantastic company! Below you will find my original review of this case, which I posted only 4 days before this update. Today, a revised version of this case showed up in the mail and it addresses two of the problems that I was having. I just noticed in my E-Mail that they took corrective action the day I posted the review.

It looks like they got their hands on a Galaxy S3 and were able to re-make the case based on the actual phone instead of specifications. The headphone cutout has been reshaped, the camera cut-out is smaller so that it just shows the lens and protects more of the back of the phone, and more importantly the micro USB cut-out has been adjusted to allow the supplied USB cable to fit properly. Also, there are cutouts for volume and power buttons so the case no longer gets in the way of pressing them. It also seems to have a tighter fit around the phone.

Based on the above I have revised my score from 3 to 4 stars, losing one star because it's not truly clear.

This was a really nice surprise and fantastic customer service, I'll definitely know where to look for cases for other devices.

-----
Original review:

Overall I am happy with the case. I am always very careful with my phones so I don't need an expensive case that will offer a lot of protection, I just want something to protect from scratches and offer better grip. As soon as I took the phone out of the box I was glad that I had a case ready because it does feel thin, light and slippery. This case improved that.

Pros:
- The phone is comfortable to hold when using this case.
- The phone still feels thin with the case on.
- It fits the phone nicely, and the sides don't get in the way of touching the edge of the screen unlike the case I used on my Captivate that would sometimes interfere when typing on the edges of the keyboard.

Cons:
- I have the blue phone, and the case isn't as clear as I was expecting. It's clear enough to be able to see the logos on the back and the bezel around the side but it doesn't show off the blue color. This is partly due to the frosted style of the case, but also it seems that the back of the phone is lighter than it seems in photos. The back is light and shiny, whereas the front is darker. This won't be a problem for use on a white phone.
- I also have a problem with the micro USB cutout being too narrow for the cable that came with the phone. It's just a little too small to be able to get a sturdy connection. The cable that came with my Captivate is smaller and fits okay so I guess I'll use that instead of taking the case off to be able to charge. For other customers this could be a problem.
- The power button is a little hard to press.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid case with a low price with some issues, June 27, 2012
This review is from: Cimo S-Line Back Flexible Cover TPU Case for Samsung Galaxy S III S3 (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, US Cellular) - Black (Electronics)

I had this brand and style case on my S2 and it held up well. Very good case for the money. CIMO or Diztronic are probably the best TPU case makers around and you can't really go wrong with it.

EDIT:
After some use I am going to drop a star off. The headphone opening does not allow for the headphones to seat properly, most aftermarket usb connections will not seat, and the power button is still a pain to operate.

The DIZtronic case and the Cruzerlite are much better cases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revised Case is Perfect for White Galaxy S3, July 7, 2012
I ordered one of these cases pretty soon after they came out - there were complaints about the power/volume buttons and the micro USB hole, so they fixed those issues and made the case nice and snug for the 2nd version. Best of all, I only had to email the seller, and he sent me the new version as a replacement, free of charge! I am extremely happy with the way the new case fits my white Galaxy S3, and it looks great - the case is not crystal clear, but it is transparent enough, and it is made of a very nice material. Both the case and the seller are highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on the USA Sprint version of the phone, June 22, 2012
Pros:
- Solid protection
- Still thin with the case on
- Cheap
- Lip of case covers the screen, adds protection for face down drops
- Works with screen protectors
- Simple to put on and take off

*Update*
I just wanted to add, the case seems to fit really snug now. It's no longer loose on the bottom left side. Maybe I didn't have the case on properly before. Also the top part of the case likes to bubble my screen protector where the top speaker is. It's a minor annoyance. I'm still really happy with this purchase. I bought several cases for my previous phones, and this is by far my favorite. Will probably go TPU for my next phone.
*********

If you never had a TPU case, it's rubbery material that's great at absorbing energy from falls. This reduces the chances your screen will crack if you drop it on concrete. There's a youtube video of some dude throwing his iphone w/ a tpu case out of a moving car and it ends up working fine. But if you want a case that will protect your phone from being run over or stepped on, you might want to look at an otterbox. A case like that offers "military grade" protection. I've only had the phone a day, but if I end up dropping the case, I'll update my review with the results.

A few minor problems I've noticed; the bottom microphone hole is off center, the case has a little play on the bottom left side, and the microusb plug hole is just big enough to fit the skinny oem plug. The extra 3rd party micro usb plugs I own are too thick and won't fit in the hole of the case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Fit, July 2, 2012
This TPU case fits the Galaxy S III like a glove. It's so low profile. Just tacky enough to make it easy to grip, but not too much to make it hard to slide in and out of your pocket. If also looks fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, July 9, 2012
This is a great cover for the price. The material feels good in the hands and it has grips on the side to lessen the chance of the phone sliding out of your hands. Removing it is a cinch and the case doesn't affect the side buttons much. You do however need to press down harder to use the power button but you'll get use to it real quick. I haven't dropped it yet (and hopefully it won't happen anytime soon) so I can't say much about its protection, but it is made of rubber-like material so it should absorb some of the shock from a fall. Overall, you can't go wrong with this 5 dollar case. In my opinion, it's even better than the $10 knockoffs you can find at all the mall.

5.0 out of 5 stars this case meets my expectations, July 19, 2012
Am the proud owner of a galaxy s3(pebble blue)this phone is sleek and stylish,I've always enjoyed exposing my phones natural looks i believe cases and shields take away from natural and original state of the phone,this phone is definitely deserving of this,so I was looking for a case that would protect to a degree and still show the sleek beauty of this phone and color ,this case provides such.it fits snug/tight and buttons line up perfect.GREAT BUY...GREAT PRICE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Game-Changer, August 31, 2012
Where to start? This product - In a word "Game-Changer"
No longer do I worry `bout nicks and scratches
Concerns of superficial damage are now long gone
It's clean, shiny and fits like a glove
All I got to say about it is Love, love love.

And it's dome all of this for me:
I have recently met the woman of my dreams
Got a huge raise at work
I now get better gas mileage
My Vertical leap is now at 34.7 inches and can alley-oop

Really though - buy this thing it works, it fits, it's high value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Met expectations, July 12, 2012
Eric Plemons (PARLIER, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
Perfect for my needs, not too bulky, soft case, yet sturdy enough to protect the phone from mid-low height drops. The frosted clear look is still kinda "eh" but I'm happy with it, not to mention what you get for the price. If you're looking for something like an otterbox dont bother, but if you still wanna keep as much of a naked look for your phone as possible while still protecting it from your clumsiness, this would be perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality; nice price!, June 23, 2012
Michael Kennedy (Orefield, PA United States) - See all my reviews
I'm very pleased with this case. The fit is fairly tight, but there's just enough wiggle room to tweak lining up the cutouts.

The blue case looks sharp in contrast with the Pebble Blue color of the phone. The price is very reasonable and they shipped it fast.

Do yourself a favor and get one of these. The phone looks beautiful "naked", but the plastic is too slick and it's an accident waiting to happen. While unboxing it I set the phone on a file folder (which was at an angle of just a few degrees), and the movement I noticed a few seconds later was the phone sliding it's way toward an unhappy meeting with the floor (I caught it in time) :)

The case has formed grips on the sides to help you hold it. It does take more effort to turn the phone on since it's under the preformed rubber button, but I like that as it won't turn on too easily when in a pocket/backpack/etc.

Oh yeah... the actual color is a bit darker than the Amazon image; closer to a Navy Blue (and closer to the color of the phone, which I like).

Rate and Discover Movies