Most helpful positive review
61 of 63 people found the following review helpful
Great for the price, great company, but not fully clear
on June 23, 2012
UPDATE 06/27/2012: Today I found out that Cimo is a fantastic company! Below you will find my original review of this case, which I posted only 4 days before this update. Today, a revised version of this case showed up in the mail and it addresses two of the problems that I was having. I just noticed in my E-Mail that they took corrective action the day I posted the review.
It looks like they got their hands on a Galaxy S3 and were able to re-make the case based on the actual phone instead of specifications. The headphone cutout has been reshaped, the camera cut-out is smaller so that it just shows the lens and protects more of the back of the phone, and more importantly the micro USB cut-out has been adjusted to allow the supplied USB cable to fit properly. Also, there are cutouts for volume and power buttons so the case no longer gets in the way of pressing them. It also seems to have a tighter fit around the phone.
Based on the above I have revised my score from 3 to 4 stars, losing one star because it's not truly clear.
This was a really nice surprise and fantastic customer service, I'll definitely know where to look for cases for other devices.
Overall I am happy with the case. I am always very careful with my phones so I don't need an expensive case that will offer a lot of protection, I just want something to protect from scratches and offer better grip. As soon as I took the phone out of the box I was glad that I had a case ready because it does feel thin, light and slippery. This case improved that.
- The phone is comfortable to hold when using this case.
- The phone still feels thin with the case on.
- It fits the phone nicely, and the sides don't get in the way of touching the edge of the screen unlike the case I used on my Captivate that would sometimes interfere when typing on the edges of the keyboard.
- I have the blue phone, and the case isn't as clear as I was expecting. It's clear enough to be able to see the logos on the back and the bezel around the side but it doesn't show off the blue color. This is partly due to the frosted style of the case, but also it seems that the back of the phone is lighter than it seems in photos. The back is light and shiny, whereas the front is darker. This won't be a problem for use on a white phone.
- I also have a problem with the micro USB cutout being too narrow for the cable that came with the phone. It's just a little too small to be able to get a sturdy connection. The cable that came with my Captivate is smaller and fits okay so I guess I'll use that instead of taking the case off to be able to charge. For other customers this could be a problem.
- The power button is a little hard to press.