4.0 out of 5 stars Crosley revisited, May 28, 2009
This review is from: Cincinnati's Crosley Field: The Illustrated History of a Classic Ballpark (Paperback)
I missed getting this book in the 90's so I was glad to hear it's been reprinted. Although I only saw one game at Crosley Field in the mid-60's, this book brought some hazy memories back into focus. If you are looking for some Crosley Field nostalgia, this book is a nice trip back in time. There are a lot of good photos of the stadium, the players, and stories taking you from the beginning of the park until it's demise in the early 70's. If you ever saw a game there or wanted to know what it was like, I'd recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, December 29, 2012
Jonathan S Mayer (Cincinnati, OH United States) - See all my reviews
A must have for any Reds fan. The information was great and easy to follow. The pictures were great as well. Lots of cool facts/trivia that I wasn't aware of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baseball, July 22, 2013
This book was a gift for my husband. He is a big Red's fan and is old enough to remember being at Crosley.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful memories, May 27, 2013
Crosley field was my first ball park. I have always loved the ball park. Wonderful memories about the ball park I still love to this day.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Time Machine!!, February 27, 2013
I am so greatful I came across this book. Some of my fondest memories is when my late father would take me to a Reds game. Crosley was a very magical place and with this book I'm greatful to relive soem grand memories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Baseball History, September 10, 2013
John Orlowski "big12ump" (Kansas City, Missouri United States) - See all my reviews
I do not even live in Cincinnati, nor did I ever get to go to Crosley Field, but the Cincinnati Redlegs became "my" team when I was just a kid. I always dreamed of getting to go to Crosley Field, but I never made it. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the history of Crosley Field. It takes me back to my youth and makes it seem as if I was actually there. This was well-written and a joy to read. Any baseball fan who remembers the 50's and 60s (my "Glory Days" of baseball) will love reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Reds, July 27, 2013
I got this book for my husband, and he said it was one of the most interesting books he has ever read. He liked it so well we got one for his father for his 92nd Birthday, he loved it, he said it brought back a lot of wonderful memories. He said it was exactly like it use to be. If you like baseball and real history, I highly recommend Crosley Field! MJ

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, January 23, 2012
Paul (Bloomington, IN, United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my sister. We grew up in Richmond, Indiana, and have fond memories of going down to Crosley Field to watch some games during the summer. Besides, one of the authors (Rhodes) was a classmate of my sister. I haven't read the book, but my sister loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars nephew is happy, January 13, 2014
bought this book on Crosley Field for nephew Andy. He never got the opportunity to visit old Crosley Field so this is the next best thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, January 17, 2012
Very good book on the ballpark. I went
there as a child and the book brought back some good memories. It would have been a lot better though if the pictures were better.

Cincinnati's Crosley Field: The Illustrated History of a Classic Ballpark