Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bose CineMate GS Series II Digital Home Theater Speaker System
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on November 26, 2014
 I like this system a lot for the bedroom. Takes up very little space and if found for the right price a good catch. Definitely do not pay over $350. Once you do other better products starts to come into the picture. This model has been replaced so expect it to drop in price. If you miss the holiday prices be patient through the first two quarters of next year. Should drop. Head over to my you tube channel and check out all my other videos. search Isaiah's Reviews. Thanks!
on November 20, 2010
I have owned Bose products for over 20 years, so to say the lease I am biased, but I also own other products form other manufacturers to be able to discern good sound quality enough to write a review based on this purchase, which to say the least, is excellent.

I bought this product based on simple criteria of having the best cinematic experience without all the speakers in every corner of the room. My living situation does not merit running wires and setting ups speakers (think rental space with limited room here). Also I am a rather simple person looking for simple, elegant solutions to live as well. Being said, I was not interested in recreating what I had in the past, being a receiver and a number of other pieces of equipment laying around for no better purpose at times other than to take up rack space (remember stereo receiver/tape deck/CD player/TV and DVD player setups - that was me in the past).

This product basically was designed for the likes of me and performs with superior results. My current setup is as simple as life gets...55" 3D LED, Blue Ray DVD player, and Bose system. One wall, limited space to spread out (by choice) and with the speakers literally sitting in the same table as the TV (you do not need the stands...the speakers come with little rubber foot-stickies), the theater experience is fantastic for what I use the system for, which is mostly DVD viewing for an hour or two each day.

Before I set up the sound system to the TV, I popped in various audio CDs into the DVD player and was extrmemly impressed with the sound quality coming from these little speakers and the Base box.

If you think about it, given the system is going for $799, you would have spent the same amount of money to component-ize another system the same, with or without the same quality sound...for those who are trying to justify the price. that being said, for the simpleton in me, it's worth it considering that I choose to purchase items with a lifespan of over 10 years. My last Bose system I gave away in perfect condition and it lasted me over 20 years!
on October 7, 2010
Let me begin by saying that I first purchased the Bose Cinemate Series II. I ended up returning it because the mid-range sounds were too weak. After returning it and doing more research, I decided to go with the GS... and I am GLAD I did. As others have stated, it is the best 2.1 system out there. The extra $200 is definitely worth it; the sounds are a lot more crisp and I'm able to hear speach much better when playing blu-rays and especially DIVX files. If you're looking for a 2.1 system, this is the one to get. Keep your expectations realistic and don't expect sounds to be coming from behind you. I have a smaller living room, didn't want to wire my apartment with surround-sound, wanted an upgraded sound system for my 46' LED TV and this was the perfect solution. One other thing, you should probably get the floor stands with these speakers; the sound is better from the stand than from laying the speakers on the table. The only thing Bose could improve upon this system is to have it display the volume level on the screen.
on December 26, 2013
Pros:
Great BOSE sound with TV, streaming video, DVD player. Good for music too.
Bi-directional front speakers have surround sound effect if speakers are facing walls correctly.
Can adjust subwoofer volume separately from other speakers (bass level can be adjusted, which is important to me since I live in condo).
Can connect via digital autio (optical cable) to TV source, and can connect via analog (red and white wire connectors) to second source (such as turn table).

Cons:
I purchased this system to replace my Harmon Kardon/Infinity speaker surround sound system. That system was wonderful, but I gave it to my son and decided to get something more simple with fewer wires and cables, since it is difficult to hide surround sound speaker wires in a two story condomenium (and I have fewer things to plug in an AVR system now that he moved out).

I was also surprised to find out that this system does not use normal speaker wires and subwoofer cables like you would expect from a home theater system. I was also surprised that the speakers do not attach to the interface module that sits near the front of the TV. Instead, these electronics are in the subwoofer (called the "Acoustimass Module"). I advise you to look at the Owners guide on the Bose Website before purchasing it to make sure it will work for your media set up at your home: [...]

If you look at the advertised picture which shows the back of the system components, you will notice that the Acoustimass Module/subwoofer has two serial ports as well as the power cable port. One of the serial cables (called the speaker cable) is 15 feet long and separates at the far end to plug into each large connector on the back of each speaker. So, there can only be a distance of 15 feet between the subwoofer ("Acoustimass Module") and the most distant speaker. If the speaker sits on a console and is within three feet of the TV, then this will allow for an ok subwoofer placement. If the cable has to make any turns or needs to go up a stand, then the subwoofer ("Acoustimass Module") will need to be very close to the TV, which is not good. If you planned on running speaker wires through small speaker wire holes in your media cabinet, forget it. This system will require 2" holes large enough for the speaker cable connectors.

Also, there is a cable permanently attached to the center of the interface module (not shown) which attaches to the other serial port on the subwoofer ("Acoustimass Module"). The length of this cable is not shown in the specs, but the lenth of this wire has not been a problem for me.

Although I love the sound of this system, this design makes optimal subwoofer and speaker placement impossible, unless you have the exact set-up that is shown in the advertised picture. Even then, that picture is very disceptive because it doesnt show the cables at all, and I am pretty sure the speaker cable would not be long enough to avoid a hanging cable). If you planned on placing the subwoofer near the adjacent wall using a small easily hidden subwoofer wire, forget it. Two large cables have to go from the speakers and interface module to the subwoofer, so it cannot be very far away. And remember that the power cord also attaches to the subwoofer. I want to have hidden cables and optimal speaker placement, and this system desigh makes that impossible for me. It would have been nice to see the cable system in the advertisements so I could decide if this system would work in my home. This has been a huge inconvenience for me, causing me to have to alter expensive furniture, and is the reason for the three stars.
on October 29, 2013
As many of us do, I did a lot of research before buying a new home theater. I've always had the Home theater-in-a-box kind but this time I decided on the Bose based on looks, the simplicity of a 2.1 system and the mere curiosity to experience this system first hand.

I have to admit that I did have a little buyer's remorse as soon as I turned it on. I don't know why but it seems to me that these always sound louder in the stores. Also, I am not an audiophile, but I did find the sound a little muffled and flat which a lot of reviews say. Add this to the price tag (-1 star) and there's your buyer's remorse, which is pretty much gone by now.

I kind of knew what I was getting into, so can't complain too much. I also had the option to return it but didn't. I decided to keep it as it is not that bad and can always re-sell it and try a receiver.

I would say that if you are on the fence on this, do not get it. Go with another option. Just get it if you are 100% sure you want it. Try it in store, read the many reviews from audio forums.
on December 29, 2012
I purchased this for my 72 inch Sharp Aquaeos Television. The speaker on the tv sounds muffled and talks to the wall. So my husband was always asking me to repeat what was said. I read the reviews and decided this would do the trick. I can't believe how big a difference it made. I think I would buy the cinemate II I don't think the two hundred extra dollars for the GS series was actually worth it, and it was more difficult to connect then the cheaper model. But, I am quite happy with this.
on April 18, 2012
We purchased this Bose Speaker System for our main TV room. It's a fairly large room that opens up into our kitchen/breakfast nook area. It is entirely stained concrete floors with area rugs and vaulted ceilings (I tell you this only so you can see we have a slight challenge with good sound quality in that room). The set-up of this system is amazingly simple, especially once you hear the quality that the super-small speakers puts out. We were set-up within 15 minutes and thoroughly inpressed by the ease of set-up and use, and the quality of sound. The speakers will fit on your hand, they are so small. And yet, they will give you more sound quality than most of the much larger speaker systems out there. We have been able to turn the volume down on our TV shows dramatically because the sound is so much clearer now. However, when we want to watch an action movie and turn the volume way up, the sound does not distort in any way. My husband did extensive research on a suitable sound system for our room and the reviews for this product seemed to be constantly good. Plus, with the Bose reputation, I hope it will be of the higher quality to last for a while.
on January 3, 2012
After contemplating a lot and finding out all other options, I ended up buying this home theatre system from Bose for Christmas.
I should say, I was thrilled to have it. When I connected it to my Sony 55 inch TV and played Fast Five, I was just spellbound. The surround sound effect thrilled everyone watching the movie with me.
This system produces amazing base whilst producing crisp low frequency sounds.

Though the price is a little on the higher end, its worth buying it as its worth every penny you spent on this system.

Sit back and enjoy a true home theatre with this bose system.
on January 27, 2014
I was expecting great preformance from these because of the name. They met my expectations and are better that what I thought they would be. I had heard these in the store, and thought they sounded good. Once assembled in my home they are crisp and clear.

My only issue with this system is trying to get all my devices to play sound through it. I need to do a little research, but right now all I can get is my XBox and cable box to go through it. I cannot get the Chromecast to play sound through it.
on September 8, 2013
The sound quality is amazing. They are loud and clear. The bass can be controlled by a dial on the back of the woofer, so you can boom like a thug in a lowrider, or you can keep it in the mid-range as intended (in movies). Installation is a piece of cake and takes five minutes.

Make a note to turn it on using the Bose remote. I thought mine was not working, but it was because the little box that you plug the optical cable into has to be turned on with the remote (there are no external buttons for this). Of course, you can program your cable or sat remote to control it, but until you do, you need the Bose remote for power and volume.

Football games and action movies sound like you are in them. Watch the shootout scene of the Matrix when they go through the lobby of the building to get Morpheous. It sounds better than the movie theater.