Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 22, 2010
I downloaded this book a few minutes ago and spent some time looking over each recipe. They all look great and I can't wait to try some of them!

However, it is not very easy to navigate. There is no Table of Contents to click to go to a certain recipe. So this is what I figured out:

Within the book, click the menu button and Go To. Go to the Table of Contents, then click on the Index. From the Index, you can navigate the recipes instead of turning pages. The numerical location of the Index is 186 if you would rather do it that way.
0Comment198 of 200 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2011
These are the best little cookbooks. You get 25 recipes for mac and cheese. No stories, no fluff, just 25 great recipes. I love macaroni and cheese. I love making it for my family on a cold day. And this is a wonderful book to add some variation without making you run all over town for never-heard-of ingredients.

It's free so I did worry that it was going to be either really odd recipes, or really complicated instructions, but honestly it's just simple, good, variations on a classic favorite. There's the basic mac and cheese recipe, but there's also a pizza mac and cheese, an overnight variation, a ranchero try (with tortilla chips), a crowd sized recipe, a 3 cheese blend, a crispy bacon recipe, a macaroni and corn bake (which may sound gross, but our FRG loved it), and others. Really if you like this classic comofort food, this is a great little book to add to your kindle when you want to change it up a little. The recipes are simple and easy to make and the price can't be beat!
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2010
My second favorite comfort food, after meatloaf. As in the style of the Meatloaf Cookbook by Goose Berry Patch, the cookbook provides a wide choice of Mac and Cheese dishes. I can't wait to try the Mac and Cheese Nuggets and the Pizza or Slow-Cooker mac and Cheese. Yum.

However, the issue is the recipes all flow together, one after another, without breaks. And to easily search the recipes, you need to go to the Index: MENU > GO TO... > INDEX.

It would be great if the book contained a table of contents at the beginning as well as the Index at the end.
0Comment33 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2011
There is an index, it's at the back of the book. In order to navigate by recipe, you have to scroll through the book, so it's not the best navigation. There are a handful of recipes that were appealing to me and I did try. They were quite nice. We LOVE mac & cheese at my house, although I did add more cheese to each recipe, since we really like ours CHEESY! Quite a few recipes ask for jarred or canned stuff (but, I didn't try those, they just seemed "busy" or plain unappealing to me) and others asked for cottage cheese, another ingrediant that didn't sound good to me. I have to say though, that I was really surprised at to the subtle variations between the different recipes I did try. If you LOVE pasta and cheese, this has quite a few recipes that might appeal to you!!
22 comments7 of 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2011
Do you ever get in a mood for ooey gooey mac and cheese? If so here are 25 recipes from Gooseberry Patch put out through their Circle of Friends Exclusive online cookbook!

Here are some of the tasty recipes: Pizza Mac & Cheese, Overnight Cheesey Chicken & Mac and Ranchero Macaroni Bake! These are really easy recipes! The fun part is that some of these recipes gave me ideas on other ways to cook plain ole' mac n cheese!

I use this cookbook on my computer and on my Android phone. Try it! It is FREE! You might just like it!

I love Gooseberry Patch cookbooks!
Check out my blog for more tasty recipes by Goosebery Patch [...]
on January 11, 2011
Down loaded this book a few days ago and decided to try a recipe as I had the ingredients on hand, in a word, WONDERFUL!! even my husband who is a meat and potatoes guy really enjoyed the recipe I made. Served it with a side of Apple muffin and made a delicious meal for a winter evening. Thanks for the new meal that will be in my list of "meals to make again".!!
on January 16, 2012
I am always looking for quick and easy recipe ideas or meals that I can make earlier and leave for someone else to put in the over as a working mom with kids who are just as busy as me. good freebie from mommysavers.com
on January 11, 2011
OK, it could have been more convienent. That's why I've only given it 4 stars. There is an index of all the recipies at location 187, or just search for Index. Just remember, if it's free, what do you lose?
on January 12, 2011
To my mind, recipes that call for cans of soup, Kraft Dinner, wieners, or blocks of Velveeta aren't "recipes" so much as ... well, just combinations of packaged, fake foods. Most good cookbooks would not include these.

Most of these are just unsuitable and way too processed. One calls for 2 cans of mushroom soup and a block of processed cheese (!?). Another calls for a cup of mayonnaise, canned soup, and saltines! !! Egads! I hope kids aren't on the receiving end of this 80% fat nightmare.

Ultimately, if you like that "green bean casserole" with the canned soup and french fried onions, this book is for you. For those who can't stand that kind of food, avoid this book. Also, keep in mind that Campbell's soups are loaded with chemicals (DSI and DSG, etc) and are a common migraine trigger, so think about who you serve these things to. And please consider never serving hot dogs to children -- they are full of cancer-causing nitrites [yes, even the chicken and beef ones] and have been linked to leukemia in many studies.

This book should be honestly labelled as "recipes from food packages" or "tricks for packaged foods." Consider that using all these packaged items would make many of these recipes extremely expensive as well.

There are some good recipes using real food like cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, spinach, etc. You have to dig through for them, but they are there. I'm not sure there are enough to justify this book though.

Most of this should not be served to humans.
33 comments20 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2011
Veryfun cookbook with lots of interesting variations for Mac & Cheese lovers! Bought on my Kindle, maybe not the easiest format for a cookbook, but love the recipes.