5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product; Better than Circulon classic
Better than Circulon classic. Love the non-stick and the bigger size. My old one is a Circulon classic and the non-stick worn out after 5-6 years.

Published on September 24, 2003 by Carmen

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work like a wok
Published on April 8, 2007 by A. Paulson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product; Better than Circulon classic, September 24, 2003
Carmen (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Circulon 2 14-Inch Covered Wok (Kitchen)

Note: After almost 3 years, this wok still ROCKS! I have owned other Circulon but the non-stick wore out after 3-5 years. I think the reason is 1) I seldom use oil when cooking, 2) I boil water using the saucepan, 3) I use canola oil. I have read somewhere - Do not use canola oil on Circulon's non-stick. You can search the term "canola oil" and "Circulon" on the web. I am not sure if the canola oil is truly a culprit.

For the wok, I always use oil for stir fry so it's still great.

Also, I just discovered (too late!) "Bar Keeper's Friend." This little white powdery thing can clean up the "rainbow" stain on the stainless steel wok cover like magic! For $1.99, it solves a problem beautifully.

NOTE: DO NOT USE BAR KEEPER'S FRIEND ON THE NON-STICK SURFACE!! It's only for the stainless steel wok cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very big, but works great., January 3, 2007
This review is from: Circulon 2 14-Inch Covered Wok (Kitchen)
OK, if you want to cook for a family of 4, this is for you. I didn't realize how BIG it was when I bought it, it barely fits on our standard size stove. But, I like the lid, and it works great, keeps all the liquid in the wok, so don't add too much, and cooks very evenly. It really is too big for just two, and we store ours in the basement, it is so big, but if cooking for 3 or 4 it is perfect. One note: there are two handles, but not one long handle as most woks have, so can't really "flip" the food, must use spatula or the like, FYI.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work like a wok, April 8, 2007
This review is from: Circulon 2 14-Inch Covered Wok (Kitchen)
Heat is evenly distributed and it heats up quickly. However, meat and vegetables don't sear the same way as in a regular wok without a non-stick coating. The vegetables don't get cooked up with some crispy texture left in them. There is definitely a lack of sizzle factor--the moisture of the meat and vegetables is seared in a non-stick wok as the food hits the wok. In this non-stick wok, the moisture just becomes juice in the wok. I find it doesn't give the same results although clean-up is a snap and there is no scrubbing and soaking the wok when you're done. I am back to using a regular non-stick wok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended if you cook Chinese Foods, January 4, 2007
L. Tan (Union City, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Circulon 2 14-Inch Covered Wok (Kitchen)
It is a great wok with deep height and wide width, I can steam a whole fish without any problem. It is stain free wok and easy to clean. I used mostly steaming like warming those frozen foods like BBQ pork buns and sweet buns. It is great product!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nonstick wok ROCKS!, May 12, 2007
Victoria L. (southwestern Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Circulon 2 14-Inch Covered Wok (Kitchen)
After having a regular ol' steel wok, used on a gas stove, for the past 20 years I bought this one after some really good experiences with a new hard-anodized saute pan. This wok is great. Needs absolutely no oil for cooking, the pan heats evenly and very hot, and the only problem I have had is that it's the littlest bit difficult to clean the shallow little concentric "grooves" in the surface of the pan. No big deal, though. I still love the thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Wok, December 31, 2007
C. Yih (Alamo, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Circulon 2 14-Inch Covered Wok (Kitchen)
I have had this product for almost 7 years and use it on a regular basis. It is nice and light and gets nice an hot on my gas ranged. It's easy to clean and sears nicely when I am stir frying. I am able to use minimal oil. I think the circulon wok is the perfect size for a family of four and even acts as a steamer when I put a rack inside. The domed lid is nice and roomy and not having a big long handle in the way is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the BEST cookware around!, March 25, 2008
This review is from: Circulon 2 14-Inch Covered Wok (Kitchen)
I first encountered Circulon when my mom purchased some at a discount store. She owns this same wok and she seemed to use it for everything. So I decided to purchase this wok for my own. This is the most versatile, easy to clean piece of cookware I have EVER used! I cook just about everything in this wok. It is amazingly non stick. To clean all you need to do is rinse and wipe, that is how easy the food comes off this wok! I have not washed this in the dishwasher, since the hand cleaning is so easy, so I can not comment on how it stands up to that. I am planning on buying more Circulon 2 products very soon! I hate pulling out my ugly scratched Faberware pots and pans now that I have this wok. I know what life could be like with wonderful cookware! Also, the warranty is amazing! My mother had a Circulon pan that the handle broke on. She got in touch with Circulon and they replaced it with no problems.
I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend this wok and all other Circulon products!

Update Aug 21,2013
I still use this wok like crazy! We have a large family so I make all sorts of meals in this wok. I did start washing it in the dishwasher which has worn the non stick coating a bit. No flaking though. It has been scratched up a lot and that is with me ONLY using bamboo spoons. Even though the non stick coating is a little worn and scratched it still works amazingly well. One of the handles has been cracked, not sure when that happened but I will say it IS common with this cookware as I have other pieces with the same problem.
All in all I think this wok is well worth the money. I love it. However I will probably eventually move on to a better quality cookware one day because I don't feel this cookware lasts as long as I would like it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very functional, nice looking wok, September 10, 2009
Pediatrician Mom (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Circulon 2 14-Inch Covered Wok (Kitchen)
I bought this wok as a replacement for an identical Circulon wok that is at least 5-7 years old. The lid, handles and wok were still in great shape, but the wok was no longer non-stick. The coating did not peel; I suspect very high heat/oil over the years was the reason the pan would not release the food any longer. I used this wok almost daily (yes, I am Asian).

What makes this wok functional is the two handles, which makes plating the stir-fry a breeze; I also love that it is 14 inches in diameter. The large diameter lessens splattering on the stove top, and if you have a family of 4, this 14 inch diameter is what you need to really keep the food uncrowded as you stir-fry. Food particles that are too close together in a smaller pan will steam instead of fry. So stay away from those 10" or 12" woks that you see in the store - you'll get much better results from a large wok. Purists will say that the oil has to get hotter than a non-stick pan can safely be used w/o damage; this is probably true, but I don't like to clean and oil a non-stick wok. This pan is an excellent compromise of function and convenience.

The size of this wok makes it also good for spaghetti sauce, chili, cioppino, risotto, and soups. I highly recommend this pan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Circulon Wok, July 31, 2008
This review is from: Circulon 2 14-Inch Covered Wok (Kitchen)
I'd used this wok when I cooked at my in-laws' and fell in love. I finally bought one for myself, and I keep singing praise to it every time I use it - which is very often (and not only for Asian inspired food). From a stir-fry to a large batch of caramelized onions to risotto to tomato sauce - this is one of the most used pans in my kitchen. My husband was amazed by how easy it was to clean it after he cooked his sweet potato hash in it. Yes, it is big, but this is precisely what I love about it. I have two nice sets of cookware (Circulon Professional and Wolfgang Puck stainless steel), but I still felt that I needed a bigger pan, and considering that I had such a good experience with this wok, I didn't hesitate (even though I did research other "everyday pans" or large pans, just out of curiosity, but I kept coming back to this one).

We don't have a large family (in fact, there are only two of us), but like I said, I still use this wok quite often and am very happy about this purchase. I can also tell you that it's quite durable, as my mother-in-law has had hers for at least 10-12 years, if not longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for just about everything., January 30, 2010
A Student (Amherst, MA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Circulon 2 14-Inch Covered Wok (Kitchen)
I own the version of this wok that was sold about 6 years ago. The nonstick coating is just now finally wearing off on the very bottom after 6 years of heavy use.

I use this wok for practically everything, from risotto to pasta sauce to home fries to burrito filling to stir fry. It's the most often used piece of cookware I own. It's great.

As another reviewer said, it's harder to sear things with a nonstick coating -- it doesn't really work that way -- so stir fry purists might want an inexpensive stainless steel wok for stir fry. But if you're looking for a large and high quality piece of cookware that has many many uses, this should be a good one.

Circulon 2 14-Inch Covered Wok