Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Circulon Acclaim Hard Anodized Non- Stick 10 Piece Cookware Set is a nice, professional looking cookware set designed to make cooking and cleaning more trouble- free. The set includes three pots and three pans with see- through glass lids and has just the right number of sizes to satisfy most kitchen needs.

Cooking isn't really my thing but if I have to cook, I want something that will help make the task as simple and trouble free as possible. This cookware set satisfies these conditions on most all levels and the first thing consumers will notice is that the nonstick claim isn't exaggerated. The PFTE coating on this cookware really does prevent sticking and this makes cooking far less of a hassle due to the quick cleanup afterward. This reason alone is enough to consider this cookware set. I have used others that claimed to be non- stick, but did not work very well. This cookware set does what it says.

Cooking with this set of pots and pans is easier, too, and the reason is mainly due to the design. The high sides on the largest skillet and the deep stock pot make cooking easier because you can place many different solid foods and liquids inside and not worry that they will boil over. This is especially helpful with the skillet. I cannot count how many times I tried to prepare a dish using an ordinary skillet only to have the liquid reach so close to the edge that I couldn't stir it without it spilling over the sides. The large skillet in the Circulon Acclaim Hard Anodized Non- Stick 10 Piece Cookware Set is deep enough that this problem is resolved, once and for all. And the glass, see- through lids let you observe the progress of the cooking without having to lift them off, for added convenience.

Yet another nice feature with this cookware set is the handles. They feel unusual at first and take time to get used to, but they are excellent at preventing slippage. The material has a gripping- type surface that prevents slippage, even when your hands are wet. The handles are made to stay in place, too, with multiple fasteners to keep them secured.

Looking for something to criticize with this cookware set I can come up with only one thing: The slow conduction of heat. Other pots and pans heat up very fast, but these take a little more time. However, once they are nice and hot, they spread the heat better and more evenly. Thus, the one small flaw with the product is redeemed. The metal spreads the heat far and wide so that food is cooked as evenly as possible.

A good cookware set can make cooking less of a chore and the Circulon Acclaim Hard Anodized Non- Stick 10 Piece Cookware Set certainly qualifies as a good cookware set, and then some. The pots and pans are lighter than other brands, yet very durable and made to last. The non- stick qualities are very good and the cleanup is a breeze. Add everything up and you have a cookware set that easily exceeds expectations and is one to consider for your next purchase.
VINE VOICEon November 24, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've used many types of cookware over the years. From Calphalon Commercial Hard-Anodized to blinQ Stainless to All-Clad copper to Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II, I've tried it all. This enables me to compare this set to a whole host of others in terms of heat distribution, durability, non-stick properties and versatility.

Since this set arrived shortly before Thanksgiving, I was able to give it a real workout. One thing that impresses me about this cookware is its even heat distribution. The interior coating claims to be metal utensil safe. A series of concentric circles constitutes their nonstick release technology (and the Circulon moniker, I presume). I personally use Bamboo utensils.

Performance-wise, the pans heat quickly and evenly, Far more evenly than a T-Fal/Wearever pan I acquired and they don't burn or get hotspots like the Rachael Ray set. The nonstick coating is good--I didn't stick any food to the pans. The double-riveted silicone and stainless steel handles are nice and feature a hook for hanging the pots on a rack. I like how these pots and pans don't slide around on the cooktop at all.

The documentation that came with my set clearly states the cookware is oven safe to 350F, not 400F. I doubt I will be using these in the oven anyway.

This set is not dishwasher safe. I ruined a Calphalon Commercial set by washing it in the dishwasher. Anodized aluminum will pit when it is subjected to the detergents and action of dishwashers.

One thing that does bother me about any of the hard anodized cookware I've owned is the walls of the cookware develops an unsightly white / chalky discoloration with prolonged use. I've already started to see the discoloration on this set, and I am religious about not putting it in the dishwasher and only gently washing it. Some sources say this has a lot to do with the hardness of your local water supply, the type of detergent you use and whether you wash them in very hot water. To me, it shouldn't matter. But I took off a star for this as the T-Fal set doesn't exhibit this issue.

I wish this set had a larger fry-pan, perhaps a 12", and a wider range of saucepans. But for now, I supplement this set with pieces I still own from other sets.

Overall, the even heating, nonstick performance and seemingly solid construction of this cookware makes it my current "go to" cookware. It performs just as admirably when searing meat, making rice, simmering a stew or frying bacon. Whether this cookware set is worth the price is up to you. If you cook frequently and use metal utensils, wash it aggressively or let it boil dry then this set might not last as long as you think it will. Taken care of, I gauge this set would probably last 2+ years with everyday use.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a fantastic beginner set for someone just starting their own household, or someone who is just getting into cooking. I'm not familiar with the brand, and as one of the Cooking Impaired, I probably won't see flaws that an experienced cook might find with this set. The handles stay cool, and I can't get anything to stick to them. NOTHING sticks to this cookware. I defy anyone to get something stuck to these pots and pans! I don't have a dishwasher, but apparently these don't stand up well in one. The good news is that regular handwashing will take food off, and without scrubbing. The individual pieces are not heavy, but you can tell that they are quality when you're handling them. You can even put them in the oven up to 350 degrees. They heat evenly and quickly, without any sliding all over the stove. The best part is that you don't have to hide your metal utensils to keep the non-stick surfaces. No more smacking hubby's hands with the metal spatula for ruining a non-stick pan. This set looks and feels like it will last a long time. I can't find anything wrong with it, and I think you'll be very pleased with it.
VINE VOICEon November 28, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was really nervous & skeptical about these... mostly due to them being non-stick. Every single non stick pan, pot, etc I have used has eventually lost it's surface and ended up a half non stick / half regular pot. And usually where do those scrapped off fragment go? Probably into our food! So lately i have avoided buy any thing non stick.

But.. enter these babies....

Pro's:

They look great! Very stylish. Very sturdy feeling, I gave them a flex test - they seem very well put together.

We used these for thanksgiving and since they said "metal safe" I went to town on them with spatulas and spoons, etc.. guess what - no scratches! No loss of the non stick material! I will use plastic utensils in the future but I wanted to test them out.

I was dubious of the ridges, they say it helps to cook food faster, lets them release more flavor, etc.. I will say it does seem to work. I don't know the science of it but grilling soe chicken seemed to work great.

Cons:

None! First time that's happened in a review of mine!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There are a lot of great things about this set. All the handles are cushioned and insulated, meaning you can be pretty confident when grabbing a handle with a bare hand. In particular, the stock pot has nice handles that are far from the pot AND cushioned/insulated. My wife once had to go to the hospital because of stock pot handles burning her (leading to getting scalded by hot spaghetti water), so this is a big deal to us.

The pots & pans are nice sizes, with a lot of good variety. The tops fit securely, and everything is rated for a good amount of heat. (It's PTFE coated, so you don't want them getting too hot!) Just while writing this review, my wife has reminded me three times how much she likes the size of the stock pot!

The non-stick coating seems to work well, and the bolts attaching the handle to the actual pan appear to be very tight and haven't obviously collected any food thus far. That's been an issue in some pans we've owned, since those areas are a PAIN to clean!

Everything seems to heat up reasonably evenly, with no issues... but we do feel that it does seem to take a bit longer than we're used to to heat up, even though this pan is significantly thinner and lighter than an older set of Circulons we have.

My biggest qualm with the Circulon line is that the PTFE non-stick coating on this line is DuPont's lowest quality (Autograph 2). It's so low, in fact, that DuPont doesn't even put the Teflon brand name on it. My mother of blessed memory had been so mislead by the fact that it was called Autograph 2, and doesn't mention Teflon, that she felt that this was a Teflon free brand, which was a plus for her. We haven't quite made up our mind about avoiding nonstick pans in favor of stainless steel, so we just end up making sure to use lower heat and not to use metal implements!

We have an electric range, so I have no idea how these work on a gas or an induction range!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon November 25, 2012
This set includes:
1 qt. saucepan w/lid
2 qt. saucepan w/lid
3 qt. saute pan w/lid
8 qt. stockpot w/lid
8" French skillet
10" French skillet

To make this set more useful, you might want to add a 12" skillet Circulon Contempo Hard Anodized Nonstick 12-Inch Covered Skillet and possibly a dutch oven Circulon Contempo Hard Anodized Nonstick 5-Quart Covered Dutch Oven. I have the 5 qt. dutch oven and it is the same circumference as the 8 qt. stockpot...so the stockpot could substitute for that dutch oven.

Features:
~A Total Food Release System (which makes the non-stick surface safe for use with metal utensils) I use silicone tools instead of metal.
~Non-stick exterior
~Heavy-guage hard anodized construction which distributes heat evenly.
~Double riveted silicone & stainless steel handles with a fold-out ring for hanging
~Pans are oven safe to 400 degrees F
~Shatter resistant tempered glass lids (the lid handle/knobs could be a little taller)
~Safe for use on Solid Plate, Ceramic, Gas, Radiant Ring and Halogen surfaces.

Caring for your Acclaim non-stick cookware:
~Use low to medium heat
~Do not use non-stick sprays (non-stick sprays will cause an invisible buildup which will cause food to stick to the pan).
If you want to keep oil use to a minimum, dab your favorite oil on a paper towel & wipe the interior of the pan before cooking or add a drop of oil to the pan & spread with a paper towel. Heavy vegetable oils may leave a residue that can affect non-stick performance.
~The exterior of hard-anodized pans is porous and can stain. Clean with a paste of baking soda and water.
~Do not put the Acclaim pans in your dishwasher.
~I store my non-stick pans with a paper towel in between them to protect the surface from unnecessary scratches.

I tested the pans by making one of our favorite quick, frozen meals, Bertolli Chicken Parmigiana & Penne (this meal has a very high salt content so we don't have it often). This quick meal includes frozen mozzarella chunks. The directions say to use a 12" non-stick skillet with lid. In the past, I always sprayed a stainless steel pan with cooking spray. Needless to say, the pan became quite a mess because of the melted mozzarella. So, one day, I used my microwave...and the bowl became a sticky mess, again because of the melted cheese. So today, I was ready with the Circulon Acclaim, 3 quart saute pan. I dumped the frozen pasta, chicken, tomato sauce, red peppers and cheese into the 3 qt. pan, placed the lid on top & followed the cooking directions on the package. To my surprise, I didn't have a sticky mess to clean up! Absolutely nothing stuck to the pan, all that remained was a teeny tiny bit of sauce. The pan heated evenly, & the glass lid allowed me to watch the cooking process & stir when needed.

Be sure to read the "Important Safety, Use & Care Information" leaflet. It contains very useful information that includes the section, 'Special instructions for ceramic/glass stove-tops."

This Acclaim set has a Circulon Lifetime Limited Warranty.
The box states: "Lifetime customer satisfaction - guaranteed"

5 Stars
I will update my review if my opinion changes.

UPDATE:
I cooked an egg w/o using any oil...the egg stuck to the pan & was easily cleaned up...from now on I will use a little oil for frying eggs.
on November 5, 2013
purchased the hard anodized in 12/2010.loved it for the first couple of years, food sticks now. we cook on a medium heat, no abuse, washed in the dishwasher a few times. even thou it says dishwasher safe I recommend you hand wash for a better longevity.
on November 27, 2014
I found this 10 piece on Macy's website as a close out for only $139 plus tax so I jumped right on it. I cooked with it for the first time today 11/27/2014. Made steel cut oats in one pot. Cooked very well and clean up was a breeze. Just a sponge with a little soap. I only use bamboo utensils to cook with so even though it says it's metal safe, I'm not going to try them.

I also saute'ed some veggies in the skillet. I love this cookware already. Why did I wait so long? The old cheap stuff is going to Goodwill Monday.
on July 8, 2014
I bought these after a lot of research when I moved into my first home. A year and a half later they still work like New. I highly recommend.
on December 10, 2013
Circulon Hard Anodized Nonstick is some of the best for the price. I have purchased two sets and stand by it. In the 10 Piece set Skillet and Pot could be larger but you can buy those pieces separately.