Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Circulon Acclaim Hard Anodized Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Sixteen years ago, I had a set of Circulon pans. One by one, they died. One died because I burned a dish into the skillet when I wasn't watching. The others were used for about 6 years until they needed to be replaced. Circulon is different than other nonstick pans because the surfaces have raised circles in the bottoms of them. It seems like this would make them difficult to clean, but I've never found that to be the case. I suppose the theory behind them is that the circles help the pans cook food better. I don't honestly think this is true, so I would compare them to any of the other nonstick pans I've had on equal footing. Nonstick pans are supposed to be easy to clean and easier to get food off of. These pans do fit that bill. They cook evenly across the surface. This is a nice selection of pans for a starter set because it includes the higher edge saute pan which I love to cook with. It also includes an 8 qt stock pot, which is much nicer to have than a 6 qt. stock pot.

I like the handles on this set much better than my Circulon pans of old. At the end of each handle is a ring that can be lifted that can be used to hang the pan on a pot rack. The pans aren't too heavy, so they could feasibly be hung up. The ridges on the skillets don't impede the cooking of eggs or make it any harder than on a smooth pan. How do they cook? Great! The portion of the handle that is rubber stays cool to the touch (only the metal gets warm). It is the majority of the handle. It is also a skinny handle so these pans are better for small hands to grip. I also like the knobs on the pans. They were easy for me to grip, but again I think they'd be better for small hands rather than large.

There's one catch. The directions say that you should never fry anything dry in these pans. I do use my skillets to dry toast spices for certain recipes. I can't do that with these skillets. The directions make you very fearful of letting your food run out of liquid while cooking in these nonstick pans.

All in all, they're great pans. Easy to cook with and clean. Great (!) for people with small hands.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Update - June 1 2013: I had several plastic syringes which I use to give my cat liquid medicine; I decided to sterilize them in place of buying more at the drugstore. Tossed them in the smaller sauce-pan with water, put the lid on, I planned on boiling them for 10 minutes. I got busy on the computer and forgot! 30 minutes later I smelled something funny and realized what I'd done! Ran to the kitchen, the water had boiled dry and the bottom of the pan was covered in melted plastic. I immediately filled the pan with cold water to soak for a few minutes, and then I was able to scrape it out with a spatula. I had pretty much made my mind up the pan was ruined, but it wasn't! Got it all out and the pan still looks like new!
===============================================================================
My first set of Circulon pots and pans and I love them. I don't cook much so a 10 piece set is perfect for me. I also own a set of Rachael Ray's cookware Rachael Ray Hard Anodized II Nonstick Dishwasher Safe 10-Piece Cookware Set, Orange; I'll put it this way--those are now going into storage. I have a newer electric range, but I chose to stick with the old-style coil burners and the Rachael Ray cookware would slide off the range every time I stirred something. Not these Circulon! These don't move on the burners. (Not to say that everything Rachael Ray has her name on is bad, I love her Bubble & Brown bakeware). And funny that the RR cookware slides all over the place, the Circulon cookware does not, yet they are made by the same company, Meyer.

The Circulon looks high-end, cooks evenly, the lids fit snugly, and absolutely nothing sticks. These are not dishwasher-safe but they are so easy to clean by hand it's not a concern, and saves space in the dishwasher for more dishes. The directions say metal utensils are OK - but no cutting with knives in the pans - but I will stick with bamboo (I'm not chancing it)! These are a little heavier than Rachael Ray's; for instance, the Circulon one quart saucepan with the lid on weighs about 4 ounces more than the same size in Rachael's set.

I highly recommend these.
This Circulon set couldn't have arrived at a better time. I used it to prep for my Thanksgiving Day dinner. All that is left is basically the Turkey.
This is the deal. I have used Circulon for 20+ years. I love it for its durability, easy cleaning, even heating, and appearance. This set consists of two open fry pans, two sauce pans with lids, a lidded stock pot, and an all purpose sauté pan with a lid.
This set shares some basic characteristics with my original Circulon. It has the same concentric circle pattern, a hard anodized surface, heavy duty riveted handles, and snug fitting lids. The pans are balanced and sit securely on my cooktop. The differences are less pronounced. This set has recessed hooks that allow you to hang them from a pot rack. The lids are no longer exclusively solid stainless steel; they are tempered glass ringed in stainless. The lids fit snuggly and they allow you to observe the cooking process without interfering with it.
As for cooking, these pans heat evenly and retain their heat, so everything cooks evenly. I deliberately burned some brown sugar glaze in one pan. The pan cleaned up beautifully with little to no effort, just warm soapy water. Another nice feature, though I don't know if it was a fluke, is that after I was sautéing vegetables for the stuffing, some of the butter spilled out on the outside of the pan. One of the major gripes I have with anodized finishes is that exterior spillage normally results in staining. There was no staining at all. I didn't have to scrub the exterior. Just a quick soap and water wash.
The handles on this set stay cool to the touch. The set itself is not flimsy. While by no means heavy, each piece is easy to maneuver on the stove top. In the oven, this set is guaranteed to withstand temperatures up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. I didn't test this out on this particular set, but I can verify that this seems to be a standard with Circulon.
The big selling feature seems to be this set's outstanding non-stick qualities. The only thing I can tell you is that nothing ever sticks on Circulon products. I'm still using pieces from my original set and decades later it still is non-stick. Nothing stuck to this set when I used it and that includes the cheese heavy omelet and tukey bacon I just made for breakfast today.
Personally, I like the fact that you can buy a basic set like this at a reasonable price to stock a kitchen and then add
on to it later. The price of this cookware is reasonable to begin with and the quality is really good. This is a perfect set for anyone just starting out or anyone who wants reliable and attractive cookware that just may last forever.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Usually I don't buy my pots and pans in sets, I find they age differently depending on use. However, for someone starting out, a wedding gift, or looking to upgrade from the super flimsy type pans that warp when blinked at, this is a good choice. Two years ago I bought a Circulon Wok and have used it weekly with great success, so I was happy to get this 10 piece cookware set.

The circular ridges on the bottom concerned me with the wok but haven't been any problem. I got this set just in time to put it through the rigors of Thanksgiving. The pans and skillets are about mid range in heaviness, better than the cheap ones, not as good as say all-clad, but then again, one is not paying for all-clad. The lids fit snuggly and the handles are a nice large size, easy to grasp. The loop hangers on the pots and pans fold into the handle, a nice little feature to making them look nicer when sitting out.

The pans sit flat on my stove burners, they don't seem to be uneven, the heat for what I've cooked so far, burgers and chicken breast in the skillet, cranberry sauce in the large pot, appears evenly distributed. the food has come out fine and evenly cooked without scorch marks or hot spots. Clean up is super easy, again, when I had my first Circulon, I worried about the ridges maybe holding in food or grease but they clean up as easy as pots and pans without the ridges. The handles are a good size, rounded and easy to hold.

As a set this is a nice medium priced set that would be great for anyone starting out or looking to upgrade from the most basic pieces to a better quality. Since they are the same brand as my beloved and much used wok I don't see why these won't give equally good long service.
on December 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is my third set of Circulon pots and pans and I have to say that I am so glad to have so many. I love to entertain and you can never have enough cookware to get things done for a larger crowd. Both my daughers have come to borrowing these on a regular basis to do the cooking for their entertaining. And to answer your question, yes I am a person who needs more than one set to do the job properly.

The set includes nice sizes and the glass tops are a bit help in keeping an eye on how things are progressing. The non stick interior is fantasic and the heat distribution is perfect. Handles don't get overly hot like with some other brands and you have a nice grip on the pan with the silicone handle covers. The end of the handles have flip out rings so that you can hang the pans, which I do from a ceiling rack.

As with all pots and pans make sure to cook with them at the proper temperature setting. If you have a gas stove like I do make sure not to have the flames so high that they go beyond the perimeter of the pan. Common sense folks.

I really can't see having to replace this set ever as I feel they will most likely outlive me. A good pan set should have a very long lifespan if used properly. This is a must have for any kitchen and a perfect gift for the newlywed or the experienced cook.

I had a high end very expensive cookware set before I started getting these and I must say that I love these ever so much more. Circulon has a quality product that will last for a price that should not be quibbled with.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Most of my foodie friends have very eclectic collections of cookware. Maybe they would have some stainless pans, Teflon skillets, aluminum stock pots, and maybe even the odd cooper piece thrown in for good measure. Add to that an odd assortment of sizes and lids and finding the right pan for the job can sometimes be a challenge.

The advantage of buying a set like this one is that you should usually have the proper pot or pan for any situation. I have purchased several starter sets like this one for wedding presents and they have always been well received.

The Circulon brand is a little better made than some others that are in this price point. The walls are heavier than the Rachael Ray brand and the stay-cool handles are a please to use. Circulon's real selling point is their interior design that use dozens (if not hundreds) of concentric circles in order to minimize contact to prevent sticking. It seems to work pretty well, though I've used other brands that worked just as well. As far as the assortment I usually prefer to purchase a little bigger set, like a 14 or 15 piece set. However, this would be a good set for either someone starting off or who is replacing an older set.
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon December 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was happy to receive the Circulon cookware in time for Thanksgiving dinner. My in-laws were in town. They are the gourmet cooks in the family. They used my cookware and were impressed by its ability to cook gravy evenly, boiling throughout and not centered in any one area. My mother-in-law used metal utensils on them and they did not suffer a single scratch. The pots and pans feel solidly heavy and everyone was impressed.

I've been cooking with the cookware ever since, and I love how easy it is to clean up.

TRUE STORY

I'm embarrassed to say, but I had a pot of sauce on the stove on the very smallest burner on the very lowest setting. After we finished eating, I forgot the stove was on and left the pot there for TWELVE HOURS. By the time I noticed, the sauce had burned on hard and thick. After the initial shock and visions of a burning house, I worried about my pot, which I was supposed to review and now was ruined with burnt sauce. The instructions warned about running it dry. I was sure it was a lost cause, but I put some detergent and water in the pot and let it soak while I washed the dishes.

Five minutes later, I get to the pot. The burned sauce had softened and the whole thing peeled off the pot in one big sheet. The pot looks brand spanking new, like nothing had happened. No scrubbing necessary and it's beautiful. I still cook in it today.

Wow. Thank you, Circulon! You are truly non-stick!
VINE VOICEon November 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is really a quality set of cookware at a great price! Autograph non-stick coating is probably the best on the market. It is a three step process that gives it four times abrasion resistance than other quality non-stick products. That with the unique Circulon design in the bottom of the pans allows the use of metal utensils. The anodized aluminum renders a product that is harder than steel! We like the silicon handles that are double riveted, very sturdy and comfortable to use. Because of the thickness, and great heat conductivity, there virtually are no "hot spots". This is our second set of Circulon with no regrets. Cleaning is no chore, simply wipe with a clean dish towel and you are done! As mentioned before the non-stick qualities are truly wonderful. I have cooked eggs with no added oil and have watched as they slide out of the pan, once in a while they will resist the sliding on their own, primarily for residue left in the pan.
Just a note if it is a concern, this set will not work on an induction burner. Circulon does have sets that will, as does our other, perform well with induction. Not much of an issue with most folks.
We are quite pleased with this set and think, especially at this price point, you would be too. A quality product, made to last with great features and should last a lifetime!----and...a lifetime satisfaction guarantee is included.
VINE VOICEon December 7, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a very nice set for the price and I love that they are metal safe. My other Anodized Nonstick pans I am always nagging the family not to use metal cooking or serving pieces. I had to hide all metal utensils and only plastic, silicone, and wooden pieces are on my counter,now I can bring back some of my favorite metal utensils including my metal wisk...woohoo!

The pattern on the bottom of the skillets is for even cooking, it seems to work rather well. Of course they are non-stick and very easy to clean (which my husband loves; I cook,he cleans). There are rings if you wish to hang these pots. But if you have to stack your pots, here is a helpful hint to keep your pots nice, I use shelf liner from the $1 store that is similar to a thick, soft mesh. Also, if you dry roast your spices, the instructions state that you must use oil.

My only complaint is the size of the largest skillet, you need at least a 12 inch or bigger if you have a family. However in all fairness, every set I have ever owned has this issue, not just this set.

Highly recommend for quality and price.

1-19-13....have been using this set for a few months and no complaints. Still recommend :)
VINE VOICEon November 26, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These pans are a wonderful starter set for a serious gourmet home cook. The design is attractive, looks great when you display them on a shelf or hang them on hooks from a cooking rack. The holders hide the fold down part you put on the hook to hang them. These arrived the day before Thankgiving so I instantly washed and dried them carefully to get ready. It was on. The Thanksgiving rush. Dish after dish turned out well. I only had one type of item I dont enjoy using these for and that is grains.. like grits.. I prefer a heavier pan for that. These are nice and lighter weight than I thought they would be but they are ok and acceptable. Happy Cooking!
A added note here is this set is better than most of the same genre and price expectation. It did eggs with no stick with just a little oil and the set cleans easily. Personally I thought the pans took longer to heat up in general but that was ok - I just turned on a timer so I wouldn't forget to watch the pans closely and really paid attention if I was not slow cooking a dish. I wont be giving up my stainless steel but nonstick has great uses too. Recommend you try them out before having someone over for dinner.