Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Circulon Contempo Stainless Steel Nonstick 10-Piece Cookware Set
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon March 4, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are great. Very tough. Induction compatible. Metal utensil safe (thought I wouldn't do that), and dishwasher safe. The base is very thick and I've never better cookware for heat distribution. I was worried that the handles on the lids weren't very big and that my hand would touch the metal parts. It turns out the metal bit that connects the handle to the lid doesn't get hot at all so it's no concern at all.

I have the circulon hard anodized symmetry set as well (Circulon Symmetry Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 11-Piece) and that is great as well. I was very curious what the difference was and why this set is cheaper:
1. These have thinner side walls. It makes no difference at all. I have pots that cost more than this set with thin walls.
2. The walls go straight up and down. The other ones were fluted to help pour without spalshing. Both sets perform admirably and honestly the is no difference performance wise.
3. The long handles on these are better, I think, because they don't collect water in the dishwasher.

Both had very nice thick bases and are really amazing. If you want to save money and don't mind the looks of this set then get this. No performance is sacrificed. The other set looks nicer however (bigger handles) and I can see why it costs a little more. Both are really really good and I'd say a good value for the quality you get.

EDIT (Sept 2012)
I don't like these as much anymore since the pots with the long handles retain water in them from the dishwasher. The water gets in where the handle attaches to the pot/pan. And when you turn the pot right side up, water slowly dribbles out for a long time. It doesn't dry in there well and the handle starts conducting heat when being used.
VINE VOICEon January 25, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These pans are fantastic for boiling pasta and low to medium temperature cooking.

The non stick finish is so good that even when making macaroni the pasta will not stick to the bottom of the pan if unstirred for five minuets. That is impressive.

But, and this is a big BUT, these pans strictly prohibit cooking on high temperatures without liquids.

What does that mean?

It means that you cannot braise meats or use any of the popular ultra fast high temperature cooking methods.

The explanation is valid: no pans have a non-stick coating that can handle this sort of liquid free high temperature cooking. This is a true statement. But Calphalon Professional Series pans come close.

These Circulon pans are great, at what they do. I love the way they boil so evenly. I love the easy clean up. These are great non-stick pans. And, they look good too.

These also have loops for those who hang their pots and pans.

Over all, these are great pans. They just don't do it all. Be sure they work for your cooking methods before you buy and you will be happy.
on April 7, 2013
when I saw these come through as a lightening deal for $129.99, I had to get them. I've been using them multiple times per week for about a month now and I've never had an issue. The nonstick doesn't come off, the handles are hefty enough for the weight of the pan, and they really do heat evenly. I saw a few reviewers mentioned that water gets caught where the handle attaches to the pan; I have seen that, but it's never been an problem. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase.
on February 12, 2013
My wife does most, okay all, of the cooking. She loves these pots and pans. They heat up quickly and evenly. Everything cooks faster than with our old set. They look nice too. Since she cooks, I clean. I think I am getting the most benefit out of them. They are super easy to clean. We haven't found anything that sticks yet. I did a lot of research, and this was the best set for the price. We are very happy.
on May 19, 2014
I bought this set when I got my new induction stovetop and wasn't sure what to expect. I've had it for over six months now, and I love it. It cooks evenly and well, and it cleans up like a dream. Even the pots I use most often look new. You couldn't ask more from a cookware set. I look forward to using it for a long time to come.
on April 4, 2013
Fell in love with these pans after using one at my Grandparent's house. Finally got around to replacing our old crappy pans and went with these. Love that you don't need to use spray (its true, you don't!), heat is distributed perfectly and clean up is a breeze. Haven't done the egg test but we have made pancakes and I can tell you I've never seen more perfectly even cooked pancakes (at home). Highly recommend!
on February 9, 2013
Have had this for almost a month and it continues to impress my wife and I. Really searched for a set which came recommended for and could be used on our glass stove top. It works great; heats quickly, cleans easily, and has even been used on an outside propane burner for cooking a shrimp boil.

Each piece is well constructed and heavy, easily the nicest set we have owned in our 25 years of marriage.
VINE VOICEon February 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a professional chef I often get asked and often ask myself to demo a variety of cookware for my cooking programs and culinary classes. It was a joy to see this set hit the Amazon-vine program and I looked forward to opening my box of pans the moment they hit the front porch.

First let me say they were packaged quite well and the lids fit perfectly onto the handles to allow each pan to be placed on my pot rack. In the package were a 1-quart covered saucepan, 2-quart covered saucepan, 8-quart covered stockpot, 8.5-inch french skillet and a 10-inch french skillet

This set is a great set for the average kitchen and I have enjoyed using them for a variety of tasks from omelets, stir fry's, cooking pasta all utilizing metal utensils. The coating is very durable and will take up 400 degrees in the oven without flaking off or melting the handles. The lids go well with the pans and many reviews commented that the handles are too big. I'm used to storing pans and lids aside from each other but they both work well together if you want to hang them up.

I really like the exterior finish and it's very easy to clean and maintain and has stood up to the dishwasher and scrubbing by hand. As for the interior you can burn marinara sauce, scorch milk and overcook mac and cheese till it turns black and each will simply drop out of the pan and wipe clean with little effort.

I will say that high heat cooking is out if you are not adding in a liquid or some sort of fat. You will need to get a traditional pan without a non stick coating to get a good sear, unless the pans specifically state they are non stick and made to sear, such as those from Calaphalon.

As for the price you really can't do any better for a complete set such as this. You get a great set of high quality cookware that will give you loads of versatility in the kitchen. Will this cookware set do everything if you are looking for a do it all professional set, no. Will this cookware set give the average to budding professional chef the option to get creative and have fun in the kitchen, yes.

Enjoy the set of cookware, you will not be disappointed.
on February 11, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First off let me say that these pans are made of the best stuff. They heat evenly and I love the way they clean so easily. I don't know if many of you make homemade gravy but that's one of the test foods I use when first getting my cookware. I also go for making eggs in many ways for what better test than to see if your egg is going to stick and turn to something disquisting when you first use your pans. The eggs came out perfect and so did the gravy. Cleanup was a breeze and the food was cooked to perfection. The pans are weighty but you get what you pay for. The lids are glass and they fit snuggly onto the pans. There is a ring on the end of each handle of the pan so you can hang them which is nice cause you can push them back in place against the handle when not needed.

My one big thing that I did notice when using the pans was with having a gas range and my grates are tapered, I had to be careful of how I placed the pan on the grate. If not centered they tend to tip just a bit, nothing dramatic but just a bit so if they are full right to the very top you might have a bit of a problem. I don't have this to contend with anymore since I just got a new gas range and the cover grates are the entire top of the stove which makes them nice and flat so as not to have to worry about tipping pans.

These are well worth the money from my stand point. I absolutely love the clean fresh look of stainless steel on the outside, a perfect addition to any kitchen with stainless, burnished or colored pans. I do so love to cook and you must have good pans to be a good cook. Like everything else if you don't have the proper untensils then how can you come up with a proper result from all your hard work.

This would be a fantastic set of pans for a new couple starting out as you are going to get many, many years use from these babies. A++++ in my book.
on July 10, 2013
While this model replaced out last set of Circulon Cookware of 20 years, it is easier to use, great sizes, and cleans up easier than before. The Stainless Steel really makes them look nice even if you leave them out.