Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These pans are fantastic for boiling pasta and low to medium temperature cooking.

The non stick finish is so good that even when making macaroni the pasta will not stick to the bottom of the pan if unstirred for five minuets. That is impressive.

But, and this is a big BUT, these pans strictly prohibit cooking on high temperatures without liquids.

What does that mean?

It means that you cannot braise meats or use any of the popular ultra fast high temperature cooking methods.

The explanation is valid: no pans have a non-stick coating that can handle this sort of liquid free high temperature cooking. This is a true statement. But Calphalon Professional Series pans come close.

These Circulon pans are great, at what they do. I love the way they boil so evenly. I love the easy clean up. These are great non-stick pans. And, they look good too.

These also have loops for those who hang their pots and pans.

Over all, these are great pans. They just don't do it all. Be sure they work for your cooking methods before you buy and you will be happy.
VINE VOICEon March 4, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are great. Very tough. Induction compatible. Metal utensil safe (thought I wouldn't do that), and dishwasher safe. The base is very thick and I've never better cookware for heat distribution. I was worried that the handles on the lids weren't very big and that my hand would touch the metal parts. It turns out the metal bit that connects the handle to the lid doesn't get hot at all so it's no concern at all.

I have the circulon hard anodized symmetry set as well (Circulon Symmetry Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 11-Piece) and that is great as well. I was very curious what the difference was and why this set is cheaper:
1. These have thinner side walls. It makes no difference at all. I have pots that cost more than this set with thin walls.
2. The walls go straight up and down. The other ones were fluted to help pour without spalshing. Both sets perform admirably and honestly the is no difference performance wise.
3. The long handles on these are better, I think, because they don't collect water in the dishwasher.

Both had very nice thick bases and are really amazing. If you want to save money and don't mind the looks of this set then get this. No performance is sacrificed. The other set looks nicer however (bigger handles) and I can see why it costs a little more. Both are really really good and I'd say a good value for the quality you get.

EDIT (Sept 2012)
I don't like these as much anymore since the pots with the long handles retain water in them from the dishwasher. The water gets in where the handle attaches to the pot/pan. And when you turn the pot right side up, water slowly dribbles out for a long time. It doesn't dry in there well and the handle starts conducting heat when being used.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 12, 2013
My wife does most, okay all, of the cooking. She loves these pots and pans. They heat up quickly and evenly. Everything cooks faster than with our old set. They look nice too. Since she cooks, I clean. I think I am getting the most benefit out of them. They are super easy to clean. We haven't found anything that sticks yet. I did a lot of research, and this was the best set for the price. We are very happy.
on February 9, 2013
My wife and I really like the set. We were really impressed with the non stick surface. She burned something in on of the pans and it cleaned up with little to no effort.
VINE VOICEon February 21, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
As a professional chef I often get asked and often ask myself to demo a variety of cookware for my cooking programs and culinary classes. It was a joy to see this set hit the Amazon-vine program and I looked forward to opening my box of pans the moment they hit the front porch.

First let me say they were packaged quite well and the lids fit perfectly onto the handles to allow each pan to be placed on my pot rack. In the package were a 1-quart covered saucepan, 2-quart covered saucepan, 8-quart covered stockpot, 8.5-inch french skillet and a 10-inch french skillet

This set is a great set for the average kitchen and I have enjoyed using them for a variety of tasks from omelets, stir fry's, cooking pasta all utilizing metal utensils. The coating is very durable and will take up 400 degrees in the oven without flaking off or melting the handles. The lids go well with the pans and many reviews commented that the handles are too big. I'm used to storing pans and lids aside from each other but they both work well together if you want to hang them up.

I really like the exterior finish and it's very easy to clean and maintain and has stood up to the dishwasher and scrubbing by hand. As for the interior you can burn marinara sauce, scorch milk and overcook mac and cheese till it turns black and each will simply drop out of the pan and wipe clean with little effort.

I will say that high heat cooking is out if you are not adding in a liquid or some sort of fat. You will need to get a traditional pan without a non stick coating to get a good sear, unless the pans specifically state they are non stick and made to sear, such as those from Calaphalon.

As for the price you really can't do any better for a complete set such as this. You get a great set of high quality cookware that will give you loads of versatility in the kitchen. Will this cookware set do everything if you are looking for a do it all professional set, no. Will this cookware set give the average to budding professional chef the option to get creative and have fun in the kitchen, yes.

Enjoy the set of cookware, you will not be disappointed.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
VINE VOICEon January 31, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Good cookware is hard to find - at least at a reasonable price! The 10-piece Circulon Contempo Stainless Steel Nonstick Cookware Set seems to take care of both these requirements at once - it is exceptionally good cookware and it is reasonably priced.

The set includes just about every piece you'll need for the average kitchen. There's a big 8-quart stock pot, an 8.5" French skillet, a 10" French skillet, one- and two-quart sauce pans and a three-quart covered saute pan. The lids are unique and have both a plus and a minus to mention. The plus is that the handles are very tall. They keep your hands away from the heat and splatter - and they look very cool. The minus is that the handles are very tall. I know, the same feature is both a plus and a minus. The minus part is that if you need to stack the lids in such a way as to conserve space, you'll be disappointed. These handle do take up more space than conventional lids. If you have sufficient space, you will love the design, however.

This cookware set is heavy duty, made to last many years with proper care. The Circulon Contempo also uses the TOTAL Food Release System with Autograph, which is a 3-layer nonstick system from DuPont. This system enables you to use metal utensils with the nonstick surface without scratching the surface.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We've enjoyed using a wonderful copper core stainless cookware set for several years. Then a year and a half ago, I opted to test the Circulon Contempo 10-piece hard anodized nonstick cookware set even though my expectations were low. However, I was surprised by how well the anodized cookware set performed. When offered the dishwasher safe Circulon Contempo 10-Piece stainless steel nonstick cookware set, I eagerly accepted, not realizing how different these two Contempo sets would be.

The Circulon Contempo stainless steel nonstick cookware set, oven safe to 400°, is suitable for solid plate, ceramic, gas, radiant ring, halogen, glass and induction cooking surfaces. This 10-piece cookware set, made in China, comes with 8.5"/21.5 CM and 10"/25.4 CM sauté pans, 1/0.9 and 2/1.9 Qt/L covered saucepans, a 3 Qt/2.8 L covered sautoir (straight sided sauté pan), and an 8 Qt/7.6L covered stockpot. Even though there isnt a lid for the 10" sauté pan, either the stockpot or covered sautoir lid can be used. The polished stainless steel exterior encapsulates an aluminum base for superior heat distribution, and uses basic professional construction with comfortable silicone covered stainless steel handles. The interior of each pot/pan includes a metal utensil safe hard anodized food release system with high low wave technology. Clear shatter resistant tempered glass lids boast decorative silicon and stainless steel handles and stainless steel rims.

Caring for this set is pretty simple. Avoid sliding the pans on the cook top, use a similarly sized burner, and use a low to medium heat setting. Store pans separated with paper towels to prevent scratching. Don't use nonstick sprays and keep use of oil to a minimum. Don't cut with sharp knives or poke with pointed items in the pans. Don't use oven cleaners; make a paste from baking soda and water to remove stains.

The Circulon Contempo stainless steel nonstick cookware set heats up quickly and evenly distributes heat, while the handles stay cool to the touch on the cook top. The TOTAL food release system consists of circular ridges on the bottom of the pans, and works remarkably well. Additionally, the polished stainless steel cookware set provides a guaranteed lifetime of performance and satisfaction.

The silicone covered long double riveted stainless steel handles provides a good grip and includes a fold out ring for hanging. The handle rings pop out freely, but are taught to prevent movement while cooking. The lid's decorative handles flare out at the sides and arc on the top. This looks nice, but their 2" height is higher than the lids from our copper core set. This really isn't a problem until placing a pot with this domed lid with 3/4" taller profile handles into the oven. This makes a big difference in oven rack placement and how much I can fit into our 27" wall ovens.

While the glass lids allow full view of the pot's contents, they fit loosely an easily shift on the pans allowing some steam to escape. The lid problem is largely caused by the pan's construction where the rim flares out so the pan's inner and outer components can be crimped together. The sauté pans are sharply curve upwards making flipping food extremely difficult. Plus, the handles suck up water through an opening on the bottom side where attached to the pan while in the dishwasher. Later when the pan in resting on a flat surface, the water will leak out causing puddlng and leaving a removable water stain on the stainless steel surface. (See photo) Even though this set is dishwasher safe, you're practically better off washing them by hand.

I liked the polished metal look of these pans when I first unpacked the Circulon Contempo stainless steel cookware set. Features largely mirrors those of the hard anodized set, plus improved upon it by being dishwasher safe. After learning of the stainless steel cookware set's flaws, I dislike cooking with them. The attractive and more economically priced Circulon Contempo 10-piece hard anodized cookware set may not be shiny, but it's by far the better cookware set between the two. If you're looking for a hassle free quality stainless steel nonstick cookware set, this set isn't it.

PROS
Oven safe to 400°
TOTAL food release system
Safe for use with metal utensils
Usable on solid plate, ceramic, gas, radiant ring, halogen, glass and induction cook tops
Fold out ring in handle for hanging
Circulon Cooks! iPad app
Lifetime customer satisfaction guaranteed

CONS:
Lids fit loosely allowing steam to escape
Decorative handle a bit too tall
Handles suck up water in the dishwasher which leaks out later
review image
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 7, 2013
when I saw these come through as a lightening deal for $129.99, I had to get them. I've been using them multiple times per week for about a month now and I've never had an issue. The nonstick doesn't come off, the handles are hefty enough for the weight of the pan, and they really do heat evenly. I saw a few reviewers mentioned that water gets caught where the handle attaches to the pan; I have seen that, but it's never been an problem. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase.
on February 8, 2013
After extensive research, I opted for this product as it comes with non-stick on the inside and stainless steel on the outside along with heat resistant handles. It is also dishwasher safe.
on February 11, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
First off let me say that these pans are made of the best stuff. They heat evenly and I love the way they clean so easily. I don't know if many of you make homemade gravy but that's one of the test foods I use when first getting my cookware. I also go for making eggs in many ways for what better test than to see if your egg is going to stick and turn to something disquisting when you first use your pans. The eggs came out perfect and so did the gravy. Cleanup was a breeze and the food was cooked to perfection. The pans are weighty but you get what you pay for. The lids are glass and they fit snuggly onto the pans. There is a ring on the end of each handle of the pan so you can hang them which is nice cause you can push them back in place against the handle when not needed.

My one big thing that I did notice when using the pans was with having a gas range and my grates are tapered, I had to be careful of how I placed the pan on the grate. If not centered they tend to tip just a bit, nothing dramatic but just a bit so if they are full right to the very top you might have a bit of a problem. I don't have this to contend with anymore since I just got a new gas range and the cover grates are the entire top of the stove which makes them nice and flat so as not to have to worry about tipping pans.

These are well worth the money from my stand point. I absolutely love the clean fresh look of stainless steel on the outside, a perfect addition to any kitchen with stainless, burnished or colored pans. I do so love to cook and you must have good pans to be a good cook. Like everything else if you don't have the proper untensils then how can you come up with a proper result from all your hard work.

This would be a fantastic set of pans for a new couple starting out as you are going to get many, many years use from these babies. A++++ in my book.