Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on October 5, 2008
I have two smaller Circulon straining pots, from the "Circulon 2" family. I use them every day, literally, but always have to be mindful of the lids as they do not properly lock. I discovered this the first day, when I dumped my spaghetti into the sink while attempting to strain it. After that, I wore an oven glove to hold the lid on (Circulon recommended not tipping that pot more than 45 degrees to strain, which was ridiculous - that seemed like an afterthought meant to cover their butts. That would've left half the water in the pot, which would have defeated the purpose of having a straining saucepan!).

With this pot, you don't have to do that. It locks the way it's supposed to. The pot feels sturdy enough, though I expected the lid to be "heavier". It doesn't need to be, though. It works beautifully the way it is and is not flimsy in any way.

The pot is a good size for family-sized pasta meals, and is so much easier to use and less awkward than pasta pots that come with the insert. And it's so much better than having a colander sit in the sink and dumping the whole pot into it, which allows the dirty water in the drain to back up into the sink and make contact with the pasta. Yuk.

This pot is also great for cooking quantities of sauce, too. The lid allows the steam to vent without splatter going everywhere.

I use this pot for much more than pasta and sauce, however.

It's great for cooking up a pot of soup in the winter, which is something I do a lot, or a pot of beans. And it's fantastic for making rice pudding on the stovetop because it's non-stick. You can use it for virtually anything. If you don't need venting for a particular dish, lay a piece of foil across the top before setting the lid on top.

I was so impressed with this pot, I bought one for each of my three daughters!
on November 12, 2011
In these economic times, I needed a bigger stock pot in order to create my own healthier microwave lunches to take to work with me. Since I was going to frequently use this pot, I did not want to select a cheap one. My focus was on quaility without being over priced. I selected the Circulon Infinite 7-Quart Cover Locking lid because it size and other reviews. Since I cook pasta frequently, the locking strainer was another factor in my decision.

I have used the pot over the two month period, and I have been very impressed. It heats evenly and cooks well and nothing stick to it. The advertising says that you can clean it in the dish washer, but I can tell you that is not necessary at all. In cleaning it, all I have needed was water, a sponge, and a little dish soap. Cleaning is that simple and easy.

The only con that I can think of is that it would have been nice to an addition glass lid to put on top. Sometimes you want to cover the pot without holes. In my case, I have an old glass pan lid that fits the pot perfectly.

You might think that this pot maybe a little pricey, but it is one of those items that for what it can do for you can save you money in the long run over the cheaper versions. I can say that have been so impress with this Circulon pot that shortly after, I bought a 12 piece Circulon set. In my opinion, the performance of this pot and other Circulon products is worth the little extra money.
This pot has what it takes to cook pasta and stocks. The two sizes of drain holes in the locking lid are perfect for straining small pasta up to beef bones.

The locking lid is trustworthy--and that's probably the best feature of this pot. If you've properly twisted the lid into its locked position, it will not fall out as you are pouring. Plus, I should add, twisting the lid into the locked position is effortless. So well designed: It locks closed easily, but stays locked despite angling and shaking the pot upside down. It stays locked even with the weight of a lot of heavy beef bones.

Of course, if you are looking for clear broth, you will need to run the liquid through another, finer, strainer as even the small holes allow little particles through. But I love it for separating chicken carcass bones (so many tiny bones!) from stock.

And I must say something about the handles: What I love about them is their thickness and sturdiness. They do get hot, but what handles don't when they reside so close to the pot?

The bottom of the pan is constructed to allow it to be used on an induction burner. I have an induction plate, and I wanted to use it to boil water for pasta and that's why this pot first caught my eye. The bottom surface of the pot does not scratch my induction burner.
We decided on the Cirulon Infinite cookware after looking at a lot of other brands. The quality and versatility makes this affordable (a relative term, I know) line of cookware a great value. After 6 months of heavy use, we are more than pleased with the durability and performance.

* Vented Lid - Makes draining easy

* Very Thick Bottoms - Allows for even heating of cooking surface

* Great Nonstick Surface - Really nonstick, no issues at all - DO NOT use nonstick sprays or "heavy oils" as these will ruin the nonstick properties (read the instructions)!

* Requires Less Oils - We were able to cut way back on the amount of cooking oils we use

* Durable

* Oven Safe

* Dishwasher Safe

*Important* Follow the manufactures instructions and you will have great results.

Highly Recommended!
VINE VOICEon December 25, 2011
I had an older version of this pot, which was 5 quarts rather than 7. I didn't use it much for pasta as it was rather small, but I used it constantly for making popcorn. The holes in the lid let the steam escape, making the popcorn crunchy vs. chewy. I've been wanting to replace the previous pot, as I had dropped the lid and it was dented making it very hard to lock onto the pot.

This new pot it so much nicer than the previous pot. The extra 2 quarts make it perfect for pasta, and the popcorn has more room to pop. This pot has a heavy bottom, making the popcorn much less apt to burn on the bottom if I'm not shaking it constantly.
on January 12, 2011
You don't need a lot of pots and pans if you have good quality stuff ... I've found Circulon to be among the best-quality cookware available. After purchasing for our household, I plan to get complete sets for our (grown) children. It's worth paying a few extra dollars more for something that will last much longer than several off-the-shelf cookware sets.
on December 15, 2011
This sturdy Circulon stockpot benefits from a locking strainer lid, which is most helpful. The stockpot is quite heavy, has sturdy handles, and can be washed in the dishwasher. It is large enough to be functional, but is not a huge stockpot. The nonstick surface makes cooking and cleaning easier. A fine product, and recommended.
on June 6, 2011
Ordered this to complete my Circulon set. I use this cookware on my induction cooktop and they are wonderful. This stockpot, however, could be improved: The handles get hot and on this particular stockpot, while the straining openings are nifty, it would be nice if there was a sliding/rotating cover so you could close holes when needed (like for steaming and simmering). The locking lid feature is great, too; however, you must use care when straining hot liquid. It can get a little awkward trying to aim the steam away from you but it's really not a big deal once you get the hang of it. (Maybe it's because I'm a short person.) Just be as careful as you would anytime you're pouring/straining hot liquid.
22 comments3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2011
I love the Infinite cookware. It goes in to the dishwasher and comes out lovely! I exspecially loves these pots with the strainer tops.
They make draining food very easy. I have a whole set of them. Cook in them is so simple and the clean up is a breeze!
on August 12, 2009
I make tons of pasta and this is the most used pot in my collection. Great and easy for pasta, potatoes etc. Great and easy clean up!