This is good value for money cookware. It is ideal for induction cooktops, where choice at any reasonable price is limited.

Published on April 18, 2012 by B.L. Zeebub

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the small pans!
Published on April 10, 2012 by linda

4.0 out of 5 stars Good - but not as good as the Circulon Infinite which it replaces, April 18, 2012
This review is from: Circulon Symmetry Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Cookware Set (Kitchen)

It is important to note that this is NOT like 'normal' non-stick. When frying, you need to cook with a small amount of olive oil - do that and the pans work great and will easily wipe clean. If you use butter or try to cook high-fat burgers, the non-stick coating will be compromised. I keep one pan for those tasks: it comes clean with a non-stick scourer, but it can take some work.

The main difference between Symmetry and Infinite Circulon is the handles: the coatings are identical. Symmetry handles have a plastic insert whereas the Infinite range were all metal. Main problem is that these new handles are shorter which makes them harder to balance with the larger, heavier pans. They are also not as well shaped. I never found that the all-metal handles got hot, so I don't understand why they needed to be changed. My advice would therefore be don't buy these. Get Circulon Infinite while you still can - it's also clearance priced, so you will get significant savings as well as more comfortable pans.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing (with very minor flaws), October 27, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Before I start complaining, I want to emphasize that these are very very high quality and the best set I've ever owned (I also have the anolon set Anolon Advanced Bronze Collection Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set, 11-Piece and I think they are both of equal quality (made by same company) but I prefer the circulon set). The anolon set is more beautiful/elegant but not dishwasher safe and don't work with all heat sources.

The bottom of these pots and pans is very thick which make these amazing. There are no hot spots. It was amazing to watch water boil in them and have even sized bubbles form everywhere in the bottom. It is very forgiving if you have the burner too hot as food won't burn in specific spots.

These are dishwasher and metal utensil safe. I use them in the dishwasher all the time but I don't want to use metal utensils in them.

When I first got them, I hand washed them and carefully put them in a metal drying rack. This was a bit of a mistake because it faintly scratched the outside. So I don't want to use metal utensils just in case (I got a plastic dish rack shortly after!).

These are extremely nonstick but I'm not a fan of the circular grooves in them. It makes stirring sauce in them strange as the spoon runs over the grooves. And I think the the nonstick quality is good enough not to need these grooves.

The sides aren't very thick but the bottom (base) is what matters for heat distribution and they (bases) are the best I have ever used. They work with all sources of heat (induction etc).

Another thing I'm not a fan of is the end of the handles. They have a depression on the bottom side so one can hang them. When I put them in the dishwasher (upside down) they get full of water. I'm not sure why they didn't just punch the hole completely though like they did with the anolon sets.

So while both anolon and circulon sets are the best I have ever used I would actually pick these circulons because they work with any heat source and are dishwasher safe.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good cookware set; one of the pans lost coating and got it replaced, good customer support., August 27, 2013
Inwester (New York Area, USA) - See all my reviews
After buying several Cookware sets (some cheap, some with name of rich 'chefs') I finally gave up and bought a set of Circulon Symmetry during December of 2012. At $299 retail this is not a cheap 'use and throw' cookware set. I bought it from potsandpans.com, which is the official web store for Meyer Corportaion, who makes Anolon, Bonjour, Circulon, Earth Pan, Farberware, KitchenAid, Paula Deen, Rachael Ray, SilverStone etc. I think I paid a little over $200 on a deal during holidays.

We bought this set because the specifications said the cookware set is dishwasher proof, metal utensil proof, oven temperature of 400 degrees etc. Now after only a few months of gas stove use, the nonstick coating on 1-quart sauce pan has come off. There are circles showing the bare metal and the black coating has gone along the circles (see image for details). This pan has not been scrubbed by metal cleaners or used in high temperature cooking. It was basically used only for boiling milk/water. This was the pan we used the most and since this started losing the coating we have been more careful with the other pans. So far the others have retained the coating, don't know if its because we are careful with them now. These pans are solid, heavy and looks well-made compared to the cheaper cookware sets. But in terms of longevity, based on our incident, they all appears to be the same. I will update this review later if other pans also start to lose the nonstick coating.

Meyer's customer service is commendable, but very slow. We had sent an email in May regarding this issue and asking for a replacement, but they replied saying they didn't have the 1-quart pan in stock. Finally it just arrived yesterday after almost 3 months, but I should say without any further correspondence or followup.

Considering that the nonstick coating only lasted for 5 months I can only rate this a 3 star. See images for details (taken after 5 months of use).

/* Update 11/20/2013 */

We've had this for almost a year. My initial rating was a 3 star because of the issue with one of the pans. They sent us a new one and it has been fine till now. Also, the other pots and pans in the set didn't suffer from this issue and have not lost any coating. Looks like that one might have been an exception. Increasing the rating to 4 star.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware the small pans!, April 10, 2012
I have an older induction rangetop so I did a fair amount of research for a set that was both "stick-free" and induction safe. I have had Circulon pans in the past and have liked their cookware. When I purchased the 11 piece set I was extremely please with the packing (very secure and each piece isolated so not denting or scratching). Oh, I also purchased the 8 inch skillet the month before so that I could actually work/cook with the pans before buying the whole set - just to see if I liked it and that it would work on my induction top. I was very please with the performance, liked the weight, very nice handles and heated evenly with no problems on my rangetop. I was so excited when my set arrived that I put it to work right away. Image my total surprise when the 1-1/2 qt and 2 qt saucepans did not work on my induction top! If you want to test this cookware out like I did, I would suggest you buy a small saucepan first. I have written to Meyers Corp about the problem but have not received an answer yet. Amazon was great about the whole thing because I wrote to them about the small pan difficulty altho I loved all of the rest of the set. They gave me a 40% discount and I still use the pans with an induction disk. Thanks Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very forgiving, dishwasher safe, great handles!, June 17, 2012
This is the best cookware set I've ever owned. I actually have this set in a 13 piece that was offered through Costco for a short period of time. My old, much more expensive, Calphalon basically was wrecked after 5 years. The true test of cookware is how it holds up in the homes of lazy, sloppy people. Not that I consider myself lazy and sloppy, but today I was boiling dark purple wooden popsicle sticks for a craft project for my kids. Forgot about the sticks and the water boiled away, leaving the wooden sticks to burn on the bottom of the pan. Once the burning campfire smell drew me back to the kitchen, I lifted the sticks out and let the pan soak for a couple of minutes, brushed it out with the dish brush and there was not even a mark or finish problem at all. I was absolutely amazed - I mean, it was burning WOOD on the bottom of a pan on high heat! This is the second time I've had the empty pan sitting on a hot burner and the pan was fine. I recall that this "feature" was on another review I read before I purchased the set... that alone sold me.

I cook constantly, and my food is perfect everytime. Cooks very evenly... cleanup is fast and you can even just pop them in the dishwasher. The handles are wonderful and stay cool. AND, you can use metal utensils on these things! Need I say more?

5.0 out of 5 stars induction cookware, November 25, 2011
Jamamama (Nashville, TN, United States) - See all my reviews
I am a fan of this new cookware. It works well on my induction range although a warning to induction cooktop buyers--make sure that the burner can sense different size pots. This cookware cooks great, cleans up well and has handles that do not get hot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Autograph 2 Coating-----It's Great!, May 16, 2012
Ed (Surprise, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
The non-stick coating on this cookware is called Autograph 2, it is one of the latest and best available. It is a three coat process that renders a very durable durable surface that can be used with metal utensils.

Purchased this set to replace our ancient mis-matched and abused pots and pans. First off I wanted to see if all of the claims were factual. Cleaned in the dishwasher, used metal utensils, even cooked eggs with no oil or spray, then used our portable induction burner. I can honestly say that everything passed with flying colors, the set is up to it all!

The hard anodised aluminum, which is stronger than steel, is thick and gives excellent heat distribution from the bottom and up the sides with no apparent "hot spots". Tried all of the cookware pieces on the induction burner with no problems at all. I will say that it's probably easier to clean this with just a wipe with a dishcloth and rinse, rather than use the dishwasher, the non stick is that good. Metal utensils worked fine, but we have so much of the nylon, as it was necessary with the old pots and pans, well, we use that. Could never fry eggs in the old stuff with out using some oil, not with this, the eggs just slide out.

We also purchased the four quart sauce pot and the covered stir fry pan to go with this set. The lid on the four quart fits the eight inch fry pan, nice to have. Have used the covered stir fry as a wok and as a steamer. Use a small stainless rack that fits in the bottom, great for steaming. Also, it does stir fry without as much heat as the old one, suppose because the heat conduction is so much better.

Am absolutely pleased with this purchase, it is tough, cooks very well and looks great!

Would I purchase again and recommend this set?----You bet I would!

Afterthought: Our set is the Chocolate, same set different color.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT PURCHASE - COMES WITH EXPLODING GLASS LID, January 14, 2014
I purchased this set for use with an induction stove top. It worked fine for the first week or so and then two things happened.

1. The coating of the stock pot started to peel.

2. The glass lid for one of the smaller pot shattered mid-boil. We were fortunate that there were no injuries.

Did more online research and apparently these pots were the subject of a product recall. I will be contacting Circulon and/or the seller to return. Once again, DO NOT PURCHASE, unless you would like a face or hand full of glass shards.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT COOKWARE!, September 20, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are the best pans I have ever had. I received them a few days ago and have been cooking with all of them. The set is very complete. It comes with 3 skillets, 4 pots, and 4 lids - 2 large, 1 medium, and 1 small that fit everything but the small saucer.

All pots and pans have a bell shape tapered edge that makes pouring very easily and without any mess. The handles won't get hot during cooking. I have cast iron skillets which work great but with weak wrists, cooking was becoming more difficult. These pans are not very heavy - slightly heavier than Teflon.

The surface is non-stick and it works real well (no peeling off like Teflon!), you can use metal spatulas without worrying about scratching. The heat is evenly distributed (tried pancakes!) and the pans are a good match for my glass top stove (no wobble).

The cleaning is so quickly. I haven't put them in the dishwasher yet (though they state it is safe) only because I haven't had the need, they wipe off so easily. I know that if I was to buy this set, I would like to know if putting them in the dishwasher is indeed safe, so I am testing this as soon as I get one pan really messy.

I hope this set lasts me a long time. Normally I have to purchase new skillets every two years or so (except for cast iron). I am willing to come back in a year and write and update. I highly recommend this set, you won't be disappointed.

******QUICK UPDATE:

I put one of the skillets and a lid in my dishwasher to test. I used Cascade gel complete packs as detergent. The skillet came with little white spots, the lid was fine. The spots don't look like a big deal (didn't damage the skillet) but I sure wonder if overtime, this grows into a bigger issue. My decision is NOT to put them in the dishwasher anymore.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great for induction, April 4, 2012
If you're thinking of buying this set for use on an induction range (like I did), look elsewhere. Even though they claim the set is compatible with induction cooktops, the performance is terrible. On the smaller pots, it takes twice as long to boil an equivalent amount of water as a (induction compatible) stainless pot of the same size. And on the 8-quart stockpot, I can't get a gallon of water to boil even after 30 minutes on the highest setting. For comparison, I went out and bought an Emeril 8-qt stainless stockpot and it will bring a gallon of cold water to a rolling boil in 10 minutes.

If you use a gas or electric cooktop, you'll probably like this cookware set. The pots are well made and the non-stick surface seems indestructible (although I've only used it for around a month...time will tell...) The only downside I can see in the construction of the pots/pans is that the material is quite thin. This is especially noticeable on the 12-in skillet which I bought separately. It came packaged in the same large box with the 11-pc set, and there was actually a small dent in the side of the large skillet from laying on its side in the box...apparently just from its own weight and being jostled around during shipping (none of the other pcs had any damage). If you were to drop the skillet on its side it would dent easily.

Circulon Symmetry Hard Anodized Nonstick 11-Piece Cookware Set
$650.00 $299.99
In stock. Usually ships within 3 to 4 days.