Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a perfectly sized cookware set with a lot of features that aren't mentioned in the product description. I've spent the last two days cooking all meals with this and I am impressed. The interior has a non-stick coating which works. I burned marshmallows and then cheese in the small fry pan and the interior was impervious to the disgusting mess. Soap and water clean-up was a snap and the pan looked brand new. I used the 8 quart stock pot for soup and then for pasta. It is generously sized and again clean-up was soap and water. No sticky residue from the starchy pasta water or greasy film from the beef soup. I browned a chicken and cheese dish in the saute pan in the oven at 400 degrees (the highest recommended temperature). Looked great and tasted better. I used the sauce pans for veggies, potatoes, risotto. Used a metal spoon when stirring the risotto. There were no marks or scratches.
I don't normally wash pans in the dishwasher, but I have put them in the dishwasher a few times. The exterior has gotten a film on it, so I suggest that they be hand washed and avoid the dishwasher completely. Not a deal breaker since they clean easily anyway.
The things that I really liked were the shape of the the saucepans. They had narrower circumfernces and higher walls. This makes it easy to keep the stove clean.The lids are glass so you can safely observe without continually having to release steam/heat. Great for rice, etc.
The pans heat very evenly so results seem consistent.....no burned spots. While the brown exterior isn't a finish I would choose because it doesn't complement my kitchen color scheme, this set comes in different finishes. That said, the exterior color is attractive,new, and different. The lids have a low profile are are easy to store. The set appears to be quite sturdy and the handles are definitely there to stay.
The only negatives that I found is you really can't put these in a dishwasher without getting a funky fim on them and the handles do not have a ring or hole on the handle so they can't be hung on a pot rack.
I give Circulon high marks and think this is a great value if you need quality cookware that will last for years. I have had a set of Circulon for 20 years and I still love it.
on April 18, 2012
We received this set about a month ago. First, it is a beautiful set...nice to look at if you hang your cookware. The only issue is the heat does discolor the bottom, but I don't see how that can be avoided. It is truely non-stick. Heats up and cooks evenly. Very easy to clean. Very happy with this purchase!
on May 3, 2013
We bought this set to replace out heavily used, old, scratched up set of pots and pans. The difference is amazing!

This set has a high quality build, that looks fantastic. I like that the pots have a little depth to them as it helps contain my normal "messy cook syndrome" We got the Chocolate color which makes a nice change from the standard black pans.

A couple of comments for people thinking about upgrading, like us, from an old set of cheaper pans:

1) It takes a little while to get used to how these quick differently. The heat is even, and well distributed. I personally found pans took a little longer to heat up, but that's to be expected. This isn't a bad thing at all, just a commentary on how bad you'll realize your previous set was

2) The set is quite heavy. For me this isn't a problem, but my wife who has wrist problems occasionally sometimes complains about how her wrists her after a full day of cooking for an upcoming party

3) It's a little confusing regarding their dishwasher safety. The pots themselves say Dishwasher Safe on the bottom of them. However, there was a small insert in the packaging that said the warranty would be void if used in an automatic dishwasher. For us this doesn't matter since we hand wash our big stuff anyways, but it would be nice to know if we _could_ put them in the dishwasher without worries.

Overall we're very happy with this set, and would highly recommend it to anyone.
on April 13, 2013
These pans are great, easy to clean, yet don't have the annoying old Teflon. They are like cast iron. The handles don't get hot, love that! Just make sure not to put the glass top in water when it is still hot. Made that mistake and the temp difference caused it to shatter.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We love this Cirulon "Symmetry Cookware". The quality and versatility makes this affordable (a relative term, I know) line of cookware a great value and, after 6 months of heavy use, we are more than pleased with the durability and performance.

* Very Thick Bottoms - Allows for even heating of cooking surface

* Great Nonstick Surface - Really nonstick, no issues at all - DO NOT use nonstick sprays or "heavy oils" as these will ruin the nonstick properties (read the instructions)!

* Requires Less Oils - We were able to cut way back on the amount of cooking oils we use

* Durable

* Oven Safe

* Dishwasher Safe

*Important* Follow the manufactures instructions and you will have great results.

Highly Recommended!

CFH
on March 3, 2013
After trying the Circulon Symmetry Hard Anodized Nonstick Skillet, Chocolate, 8.5", I purchased the set. Macy's had the best deal at the time. I and passed on most of my older Circulon set to Salvation Army, keeping only its 12" saute pan. The saute pan in the Symmetry set is 10". Washing in the dishwasher only once disappointingly does remove the deep sheen from the exterior. Without using the dishwasher, the recesses on the bottom of the metal of the handles accumulates an unattractive baked-on amber color coating ~ guess that I'm not the best at hand washing. But, I love the set ~ other than the recesses in the handles. I wish Circulon would create a 2 Burner Griddle using their Hard Anodized Nonstick technology.
VINE VOICEon February 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was thrilled to receive this set of cookware since my nearly complete set of Calphalon has been showing some serious signs of wear and tear after only ten years of use. You may laugh and say that ten years is a long time but Calphalon prides itself on being Cookware for a lifetime. We live in a 1930's Era cottage in Los Angeles and when we moved in there was an old-fashioned work-horse of an electric stove & range bolted to our kitchen floor. Rather than replace it, we adpated to it and spent our money upgrading other appliances and needs such as windows & doors. As a result, we found out that the Calphalon cookware we had just bought, along with the many add-on pieces through the years, simply doesn't do as well on an electric stove top as it does on gas. Also the handles on some of them don't move from the skillet to the oven the way you'd want them to unless you're buying the much higher priced Proffessional line. When the Circulon Box arrrived, I had to tear into it immediately!

A quick look see assured me that that Circulon Symmetry bottoms on all the pans are indeed unique and well adapted to heat on a gas or electric stove and that the handles will move from the stovetop to the oven for finishing off if need be. I was so thrilled with the look of the product, the balance of the skikellets in my hand and the way the larger pots were made taller and skinnier rather than flat and squat. That means they will sit on all burners well without much overhang. For my first dish, I chose an adapted Cassoulet recipe since that is a Duck and Sausage French Stew you prepare first on the stovetop and then finish off in the same pan inside your oven. Instead of duck, I use Chicken thighs but other than that, my recipe is pretty old-school. The Circulon Symmetry 3 Quart covered Saucepan gave me perfectly even heat as I sweated out my aromatic vegetables and cooked off the various meats. Once it was ready for the oven, I was mildly aprehensive but the handle performed as promised with no damage whatsoever. I am simply thrilled.

Since then I have been using the stockpot the most since we've had soe cool weather and it's the perfect size for making hearty soups. I am so pleased with the even heating on the bottom of the pans and no longer have to worry whe I have soups on simmer. In that past, due to eletric stovetops, I'd inevitably find on spot of the pan was hotter than the other and it could burn a thick stew or soup if not watched constantly. My husband has been making perfect coconut rice in the 3 quart covered Saucepan and has had no problems with the bunrt bottoms we used to get on occasion with our Calphalon.

We are simply loving this Cooking set and plan on adding to it. We love the Bronze/Chocolate color which actually matches our kitchen and gives the cookware a nice little flare of style. The glass lids are also a treat in the way they are constructed. they're easier to lift without getting a facefull of steam. We're loving that patented Circulon technology on the bottom that results in the even heating as well as the stay-cool handles that can do double duty in the oven if needed. Cleanup has not been a problem for us at all. I'm very careful with my pots and use a natrual citrus & Coconut-based cleanser with a soft sponge (buy it on Amazon if you want - Citrus Magic brand). I won't let commercial dish liquid NEAR my new favorite cookware! In fact, these are so easy to clean and so non-stick, one could get by with hot water and a papertowel if you wanted to but I do add my natural cleanser for the sponge-out and rinse.

This is simply the nicest and most versatile cookware I have EVER owned and I have had a number of sets of the "latest and greatest" over the years!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 31, 2013
This cookware is not only great looking,but is well made. Should last for a long time. They have that heavy well made feel when you cook with them. Cleanup is a snap with the non-stick surfaces on all pots & pans.
VINE VOICEon February 16, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have owned Circulon for over 8 years and have been amazed at the quality. I've bought other lines but always end up giving the items away. and replacing it with a Circulon product.

The Symmetry line lives up to my expectations of Circulon. I was a bit hesitant because the sides are thinner than my favorite Circulon items but they preform wonderfully.

I've even repeatedly put them in the dishwasher and they hold up quite well. I'm very impressed.

The only draw back is how the hang from the pot rack. The hole in the handle is not an open hole so they hang differently on the hook. Took a little bit of getting used to and I was not sure if they would be secure but once on the hook they stay put.
on December 14, 2011
Love my new Circulon pots and pans. I am in love with the bronze tone color as all my applicances/cooktop hood are in the bronze tones and it was a great fine to find such a match. I have had Circulon pots and pans for a few years and really do a lot of cooking and they are great on my induction cooktop. So I already knew the products quality and durability. This set is even better because the lids are glass and the smaller pots are narrower and taller which eleminates splashing. Highly recommend this set. Wish more company's would make products out of more bronze tones instead of only chrome and stainless steel.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...