Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on March 7, 2005
It's about time an un biased, factual book was written on this subject.

My sons are still intact and as perfect as they were the day they were born, but I will be buying more copies for my pregnant friends.
on November 2, 2006
If youre a parent, or are ever going to become one, you owe it to your child to know this stuff! Don't make an uninformed decision. Yes, this book is anti circumcision. There is plenty of pro circumcision pressure elsewhere. This may even they playing field. Once it does, think for yourself. Ask yourself if you feel in your heart that cutting off a part of an innocent babys genitals without his permission is okay. Ask yourself if you want to pay someone to this this heinous thing to your own child. Lastly, remind yourself that this is HIS body. If he wants to cut off part of his [...], he has plenty of time. And if he ever decides he wants a smaller [...] with less sensitivity, then it will be his decision to make. And you will feel good for allowing him to have rights over his own body. As far as the book, it is VERY informative and a good read as well. Remeber, just because our society practices this on a regular basis ( NO other society does) does not make it right. We also practiced slavery. Wrong is wrong. Stand up for the rights of our children!
on February 10, 1999
This book explains exactly what the devistating results of circumcision are for the child it is inflicted on. Anyone curious about what circumcision is all about should read this book. It needs to be back in print. If you can find a copy at your local library, be sure to read it. You'll be glad you did.
on August 23, 1999
...this was a very good book...I've shared it with others and the response has been good so far...I really don't understand why people still circ their boys anymore since the rest of the world is fine not doing it
on February 3, 1999
I have a hard time keeping his book, along with Boyd's other excellent book "Circumcision: What It Does", on my bookshelf. I finally had to get extra "loaner" copies for my book borrowing friends (along with requesting my local libraries stock them). Boyd has researched the circumcision issues well. His book exposes why the anachronistic blood ritual of circumcision by Bronze Age tribes is so grossly out of place in today's modern society. The easy reading fact filled book is difficult to put down once you start to read it.
on December 5, 1998
Americans are afraid to read about circumcision. They do not want to know the truth. Better to keep up with the cultural myth than to rock the boat with the facts. This book has the facts about circumcision, and every father should read it. Shocking! Circumsicision. I was. My Dad was. His father was. And, His father was. When will the lies and mystery end. Read this book. Get the truth and spread the word.
Dan in San Diego.END
on December 28, 1998
This book is long over due. Parents so often just robotically sign away a child's foreskin. This book gives good reason to second think this decision.
on July 18, 1998
The dedication in this book reads, "I lovingly dedicate this book to the courageous wounded warriors who, with little support and in the face of trivialization, misinformation, and widespread denial, carry on the fight to end the sexual mutilation of children." There is a foreword written by Dr. Paul M. Fleiss, assistant clinical professor of pediatrics at the University of Southern California Medical Center, and one of the most highly respected names in pediatrics medicine. A friend of mine has asked me to ask all you who read these words to buy copies and present them to your local university, community college, high school, and public libraries. Don't hesitate, do it now. Just a click!
on November 28, 2012
Billy Ray Boyd has recently finished rewriting and updating his
popular book, originally titled "Circumcision: What It Does" and
now retitled "Circumcision Exposed." Crossing Press has given the
work an attractive presentation (the high quality drawings deserve
a special acknowledgement) and has apparently committed to working
to find the book a broader audience.

I wish the best to Boyd, a personal friend of mine, and to his
book. He has drawn together a broad range of inspiration and
information, ranging from personal spiritual contexts and New Age
insights to little known historical facts such as information on
Nineteenth Century Jewish opponents of circumcision. The
collection of information on legal awards in circumcision cases is
useful. And the list of parallels between circumcision and female
genital mutilation on page 43, which a footnote tells us is adapted
from a flyer created by the NOHARMM organization, is extremely well
conceived and presented. Boyd moves smoothly from subject to
subject, often sketching only the outlines of an issue so as to
allow readers to fill in the colors for themselves.

At the same time, the book's very strengths also contribute to some
of its most frustrating aspects. While I admire Boyd's creative
and eclectic mind, I also longed sometimes for a firmer organizing
principle for the work. I was also troubled by the tone of the
advice to the reader regarding taking personal responsibility as
well as the discussions of "intertribal criticism," e.g. non-Jews
discussing Jewish ritual circumcision. Both sections, while
intended to assist the reader in dealing sensitively with other
cultures and with his or her own beliefs and practices, ironically
struck me as themselves a bit patronizing. As I read them I asked
myself who the intended audience might be. They appear to address
someone open enough to be interested in many of the author's
concerns, and yet unaware enough of many of the central
considerations in such pursuits to need his advice. How many such
people are there, and how many of those are likely to be reading
this book?

At the cost of relatively little additional effort, Boyd could have
created a book which would be more useful to readers with a more
serious interest in the subject. For example, all cases listed in
the summary of legal decisions are drawn from one issue of the
NOCIRC Newsletter. Unless absolutely necessary, email and personal
correspondence ought not be used as a citation due to the
impossibility of verifying and locating the source; in several
cases where a footnote cited an email message or an unpublished
letter, documentable sources were apparently available.

And yet in the end, Boyd's book proves to be an enjoyable,
personalized, flawed yet unique contribution to the literature
about circumcision. It is a quick, easy, engaging read, and may
win the anti-circumcision movement new interest and new troops.
While Ronald Goldman's masterpiece "Circumcision: The Hidden
Trauma" is likely to remain the definitive introductory overview of
the subject for years or even decades, readers desiring a more
idiosyncratic view of the topic would do well to delve into Billy
Ray Boyd's short, entertaining work. '
on March 29, 2016
This is one book I enjoy lending out because I want people to see the horrors of what exactly is done to our boys. I am the mom of two intact sons and I wanted a book I could have on hand for their sake as well in case anything comes up where they have questions. This book is clear and lays it out in a no nonsense way about what exactly circumcision is, why it was started and what it does.

I believe this book and ones like it should be mandatory to anyone with a son. We need to end the cutting of minor children.