5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly stable, powerful business tool

It didn't work with RingCentral
Published 29 days ago by Nathaniel J. Soria

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly stable, powerful business tool, March 2, 2006
This review is from: Cisco CP-7940G Unified IP Phone (Office Product)
I recently oversaw the purchase and installation of Cisco CallManager and Cisco IP telephones. This was my company's first venture into IPT and we did so with both guns blazing, so to speak. Our standard setup is the Cisco IP Phone 7940 series. This phone has proven itself to be rock-solid, stable and powerful. We have experienced 100% uptime with our VoIP telephones and response from users has been terrific. The 7940 has the perfect feature set for cost and provides the best access to phone features of any phone on the market. Setup is easy and with support for PoE, only one cord is required to place 7940s on desks (with the optional PoE switch from Cisco).

If your company is making a move into IPT, I recommend Cisco and its products. They are expensive but if up-time is the mission, Cisco must be considered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for price, November 5, 2013
This review is from: Cisco CP-7940G Unified IP Phone (Office Product)
I use this phone at work. Its very easy to setup and use. The display is very easy to understand and the voice quality is great. For its price, i have to give it 5 out 5. My co-worker has fancier phones then this (color screen, etc) but the this phone does what i require. Great phone for the office.

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoy this phone, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Cisco CP-7940G Unified IP Phone (Office Product)
This is my first VoIP phone ever. In fact, this is my first "desk phone" I've ever used. I'm of the generation that had a cell phone since high school and never saw a need for a home phone, but now with my home-based business I wanted something a little more professional.

The display is good enough, however I wish it had a backlight so I could see it in a darker room without having to turn on a light. It is only a 2-line device, so if you plan on managing more calls than that I recommend the 7960 models.

It has a red light that emits from the top of the phone, through a plastic "window" in the top of the headset. This tells you that there are new voicemails to listen to. It's neat because if you're on the phone you see the light coming from the top left corner of the phone base, and if you have the handset hung up then the light emits through the handset. I just think it's a nice touch.

This is a SKINNY VoIP phone. If you need SIP then you need to look at other Cisco phones.

Other than the lack of a backlight on the display, this is a great phone - perfect for someone starting out with VoIP or without a need to juggle many calls. Cisco is a name you can trust and I strongly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Phone, May 16, 2009
This review is from: Cisco CP-7940G Unified IP Phone (Office Product)
I bought this phone knowing that it did not come with a power cord but with many 7940 & later phones, they can get power from the LAN connection. I purchased this phone for my office at work and was attracted to the under $100 price tag. I got what I paid for and have no complaints!

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, September 30, 2014
It didn't work with RingCentral

1.0 out of 5 stars Not is working condition., June 7, 2014
This review is from: Cisco CP-7940G Unified IP Phone (Office Product)
We tried to work with the products couple days and We through them in to garbage straight. They are not powering up!

1.0 out of 5 stars Change product model, May 19, 2014
This review is from: Cisco CP-7940G Unified IP Phone (Office Product)
Buy three model Cisco IP Phones 7940G and send me the model 7960G, soil one model 7940G as it requested.
That give me solution for this.

2.0 out of 5 stars difficult to hook up, February 13, 2014
cora christan (frederiksted, vi, VI) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cisco CP-7940G Unified IP Phone (Office Product)
Still have not been able to use this phone despite having it for a while. Not sure what to do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Size, January 31, 2013
This review is from: Cisco CP-7940G Unified IP Phone (Office Product)
I was very unhappy with my purchase, as the cord was the wrong size. It would not fit in my IP phone.

Cisco CP-7940G Unified IP Phone