Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Now Deal of the Day
Questions & Answers
Cisco-Linksys E3000 Wireless-N Router
by Linksys
4.1 out of 5 stars (686)
$174.95
Add to cart
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 questions
votes
I believe you might want to comparet he E3000 with Valet Plus if you are running wire. The Valet Plus give you gigabit wired ports. As far a I can tell the three major differences between the E2000 and E3000, simultaneous 2.4 and 5 ghz broadcasting, uPnP media server and a USB port. As such, I believe the Valet Plus is more like the E2000 which can not broadcast 2.4 and 5 simultaneously. I understand the Valet Plus with the USB install key may be easier to setup. If I had to choose between the E2000 and Valet Plus, I would probably go with the Valet Plus. I am probably going to get the E3000 as it states that it is optimize for streaming video... however, I'm not sure if optimize and manually setting the Quality of Service couldn't be done with E2000.
May 10, 2010 by R. Speas
votes
Well I tried connecting a drive to the router. Works fine. You'll need the PDF manual found online (not in my box or CD) to set it up. You'll probably not figure it out without it. I connected a WD320 as well as a WD500 through a 5-port passive stick hub. The router sees both drives and labels them Drive 1 and Drive 2. You have plenty of options to customize directories as well as protect who gets access to them. You can also indidually assign passwords to users and assign access to guests. The drives I plugged in already have data on them. There is an option to format the drive when you plug it in. Make sure you do NOT do this because you will lose any/all information on the drive itself. Transfer speed is fairly consistent to other NAS out there. The Linksys E3000 does keep a listing of the master directory and can peruse it on an user inputted basis to keep the directory updated. When you access the drive of course you will have the lag associated with the drive itself starting up. Watching movies streamed from either drive via wireless N was pretty good with only a hiccup or two over an hour show. I'm sure YMMV over distance you are from the router. My router is downstairs at the front of my house. Unbelievably, I get 5 bars upstairs at the rear of the residence - not like that WRT110 or WRT600N. On a side note, I can only acquire 130mbps, not the 300 advertised on the box. I was getting 300 through my WRT600N and WRT110N routers. Perhaps thats an issue to take up with Linksys Tech Support (oh boy..) Other than that good router overall. I paid $194.38 at Staples last week. They may see it returned shortly. The same router is a much better deal here on Amazon than here. If you need networked attached storage, this is a good router to purchase.
Apr 15, 2010 by K. Robinson
votes
Hi Itsawrap. Yes, you can. Here's how you can do it: http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=132275 However, we also agree to what the other user said.
Apr 24, 2015 by Linksys Cares  MANUFACTURER 
votes
Hi Mayank G. Yes, this is E3000 version 1. You can upload a third party firmware for this router. But, it would voice the warranty.
Nov 8, 2014 by Linksys Cares  MANUFACTURER 
votes
You might want to go with Linksys E3000. It has simultaneous 5.0 and 2.4. Easy to setup...the easiest trust me. I setup like over 40+ modems for friends and family so I know. Personally I like the Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N. I don't think it has 5.0 but this has better range slightly. I buy routers for range
Aug 9, 2010 by Curious
votes
Can't comment on the Canon but it works easily with my HP 8500 wireless officejet. I did have to set it up manually as the browse function wouldn't find the printer on the network for some reason.
Apr 28, 2010 by W. Kincy
votes
Cisco sold its Linksys division to Belkin. Maybe try their website.
May 2, 2014 by Robert Giramma
votes
yes, i have a laptop running win 8 , 7 and xp and and my blackberry perl and it all works fine. I also connect my asus hd 7 tablet on it . This router provide an account for guest and your personal account. This comes handy when persons come over and wanna connect to your internet and they can log onto a guest account, you can also limit the amount of users you want 3 up to 6 persons connecting on the guest account.
Jan 12, 2014 by shawn911
votes
Have Windows 8 and works perfectly. This is a very good unit, had for several months and ZERO problems and great coverage.
Dec 11, 2013 by rstevens
votes
I have the e3000 with 2 Xbox's, 1 PS3, 2 Laptops several iphones and ipod touches and everything seems to be running fine. I had to research and learn how to Port forward to take care of the moderate NAT issue on my Xbox, but now it seems to be running really fast with now connection issues or lag.
Feb 3, 2011 by Daniel J. Damacion
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers