Questions & Answers
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 49 questions
votes
This one seems to be the best - e4200 linksys!
Jul 3, 2011 by Kanwal Chawla
votes
Since it was purchased in late 2012 and the firmware was upgraded once while it was online. I'm going to say yes. I have since sold the unit and now have an Asus online and it works great.
Mar 18, 2014 by CADiver2004
votes
Update. Just Received my product. The adapter is a universal adapter which accepts 110-240V
Apr 13, 2012 by K. Shah
votes
Apr 9, 2014 by Ben Hillyard
votes
Hi This particular product is version 1. The one for version 2 is this http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Performance-Dual-Band-E4200-v2/dp/B0068ALV8Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354196392&sr=8-1&keywords=e4200v2 . You are also correct that the different versions of the router accounts for different CPU or chipset. Thanks, Cisco-Linksys Support http://homesupport.cisco.com
Nov 29, 2012 by Linksys Cares
votes
Did the routers die or were the power adapters to blame? I had a trusty old Linksys (now Cisco) router (BEFSX41 ver. 2) stop working after 4 years because the power adapter had degraded over time, which caused it to output an increasing voltage (over 50%). Eventually my Linksys router died due to being cooked by its own power supply! That is what a digital multimeter can show, if you have the curiosity to dig deeper. I suspect that many router deaths are attributable to poor (cheap) power adapters that should stop functioning when they output more than 20% higher than the desired voltage output.
May 4, 2011 by J. Hoyt
votes
Sorry but that's PRECISELY what I did and it works juat dandy. Disable WiFi on ATT modem; disable DHCP server on E4200 and assign no conflicting ip to E4200 like 192.168.1.2 and voila works like a champ.
May 27, 2011 by Slick Willie
votes
This is the worst router I've ever bought. This is my review for Amazon. Hello, I never review anything I buy, ever. But this router has to be the worst piece of junk that I have ever bought. I honestly feel scammed, that's right SCAMMED. Wireless signal drops out frequently, by frequently I mean every 10 minutes or so. Packets are dropped at a rate of 20% or more. This so-called product, is an embarrasment for a company like Cisco to be selling. Please don't waste you money, or don't say I didn't warn you. If you feel like getting a second opinion just Google "e4200 dropped packets" and read for yourself. Oh and by the way, this is the 2nd e4200 router I've bought, because I thought my fist one was a dud (bought in Best Buy). What are the chances of getting 2 bad routers from different suppliers.... either 10000:1 or they are all plain broken. J
Nov 18, 2011 by J. Restrepo
votes
It's not MB, it's 2.4 or 5 GHz (frequency) This router does both. It depends on what wifi adapter the client uses as to how it connects. So it's nice to have 2.4 and 5, so they get a fast connection
Dec 26, 2012 by msmoko
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers