Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cisco-Linksys EFAH05W EtherFast 10/100 5-Port Workgroup Hub
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on March 25, 2000
I bought this hub a while back, and it has been working great ever since. I've been using it with my DSL modem to share the connection with multiple computers.
on October 6, 2000
Don't buy this HUB, instead buy the 5 port SWITCH put out by the same company (EZXS55W). Anything a hub can do, a switch can do better (DSL, Cable, Networking). A must for Pic n' Save shoppers who demand Mercedes Benz performance. Most important feature: Each port has devoted, uncomprimisable bandwidth. A hub, on the other hand, has bandwidth that varies directly with network demands. The rather insignificant price difference between Linksys' 5 port hub and 5 port switch demands that EVERYONE buy the switch. The hub is by far a more profitable item for Linksys. Don't be fooled by the best seller indices that we see upon entering the networking page, or you too may fall victim to the cult of mob rule.
on July 1, 2009
When is a hub not a hub? When Linksys calls it a "hub"! In spite of its moniker, this device behaves exactly like a switch--namely, traffic is only moved between ports to whom traffic belongs (and not copied to all ports, as it would be on a hub). While this is good behavior for a switch, if you're looking for a hub (for instance, to monitor traffic on a SOHO network), this device will not meet your needs.
on June 22, 2002
This is NOT a hub, it's a switch. The only case where this will likely matter is if you are expecting to be able to do network packet monitoring through a system patched into this unit. This will not work, since this unit will not repeat all packets across all ports. This has been confirmed to me by Linksys support.
on May 24, 2000
I bought two of these hubs and I have connected them at a distance of about 60 feet apart. I completely upgraded my 6 computer 10 Mbps system to 10/100 in about 1/2 an hour. Also, I upgraded in the middle of the day while the network was running and with little interruption to the workstations or the network. The only trouble I had was my own mistake. I couldn't get two of my computers NIC to run at the faster 100 Mbps speed only to later find that the hubs had automatically sensed that the NIC's were 10 mbps only. They work like a charm and so does my new fast network.
on December 7, 2001
I've used my hub for various applications - cable modem splitting from a router and simple PC-PC gaming. This hub is perfectly utilitarian for getting the data back and forth with high reliability and unparalleled speed. No problems auto-sensing in either situations over several months of use.
Though it does say 5 ports - if you use this as an uplink from the router, you'll obviously only get 4 output ports. This is not the case with the gaming issue though. The only minor complaint is the AC resistor power cable. The AC adapter plug is rather easy to yank out of the backside - especially if you are moving cables frequently. Other than that, it's worth every cent for high speed fun and efficiency!
on January 24, 2001
This hub provides easy, fast setup, as well as installation. It easily splits an internet connectoin from either a DSL or cable router, as well as serving as a connector between as many as 5 computers (4 computers if the hub splits an internet connection between the computers on the hub). All in all a great value!
on January 7, 2001
When I originally purchased this, I set it up and followed the sparse instructions and nothing worked, no matter what I tried. I later found out that my DSL Modem came with a crossover patched cable, which will not work if placed between the DSL Modem and the hub (only between the DSL Modem and the PC). Once I threw out the crossover cable and switched to a standard ethernet cable, everything worked like a charm. But there was no clear identfying writing on my crossover cable so I had no idea initially what was the problem. The hub itself works fine, so my only gripe is that it would have been nice if they had mentioned this possibility since I am sure many users are trying to use this hub with DSL.
VINE VOICEon September 24, 2001
We've been using this for over a year. It was an upgrade from a 10BaseT hub. The 100BaseTX feature was a significant improvement for home networking speed. We have three computers on it, one an always on FTP server and this device handles the traffic flawlessly.
If you're using Internet Connection Sharing with computers with mixed NICs (some 10BaseT, some 100BaseT) you might see very minor improvements in internet speed on the computers with 10/100 cards, but don't expect this to increase your cable internet speed dramatically. Most of the cable networks are 10BaseT and only an upgrade to 100BaseT on their part would make a big difference. So when they say you'll speed up your internet connection, don't believe it!
We tried a more expensive one a few months ago that promised improved performance - thought it might be better at handling traffic and collisions - but it made no difference. Stick with cheap and reliable, and this one fits the bill.
on July 25, 2001
It took about 10 minutes to open the box, Read the user guide, plug one cable from my Linksys DSL router and hook up two more computers to my network. No hassles no troubles and it works great.