5.0 out of 5 stars WRT110 is good so far...
Got the Linksys WRT110 because my Netgear WGR614 has been acting funny (will only connect to one wireless device at a time). I chose to do a manual install/configuration of the WRT110 and skipped the disk install completely. Setup the encryption (not WEP, by the way) and other settings, and I had the wireless router working in 10 minutes (it actually took less, but I...
Published on August 13, 2008 by A Conrad

1.0 out of 5 stars Sexy but disappointing. Save your receipt.
I've been a long-time fan of Linksys products and have been pleased with their general reliability for years, until I purchased this product. I have maintained networks of hundreds of users, so home networking is almost effortless for me. I set my father's WRT110 up and everything went without a hitch. Total set-up time took only about 5 minutes, including showing him...
Published on October 16, 2008 by Halicon5

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars needed tech support-UPDATE on the range, September 24, 2008
This review is from: Cisco-Linksys WRT110 RangePlus Wireless Router (Personal Computers)
I bought the WRT110 for my Verizon DSL based on good customer reviews that touted ease of setup. Well, I wish I could say my setup was quick and easy, but it wasn't, and required a 20 minute call to tech support. Basically, the problem boiled down to the DSL modem and the Linksys router trying to share the same IP address. I'm not computer-saavy enough to be able to figure that out, and my expectation is that the router setup would be smart enough to assign a different IP address without conflicting with an existing modem.

I may revise my review in a few weeks as I try various setups and house locations, but right now we're not off on the best foot.

UPDATE - After several weeks, I can say that this router has turned in solid service with great range. After experimenting with different locations, the router now resides in the finished attic of my 2000+ sq ft old home. Two floors down is where I usually connect, through a bunch of old timber and solid plaster, and I never get anything less than a solid 5 bars! It's difficult to understand other reviewers who have complained about range problems. Perhaps it's the internal wireless card on my 10-month-old Toshiba laptop...?

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks Cool, But Lacking In The Range Department, September 18, 2008
Installation wasn't too bad, although connecting to my Comcast-provided Aris cable modem was a bit tricky. It's not enough to power-cycle the modem, I had to power it down and remove the backup batteries (which maintain phone service during a power outage) for about 2 minutes. Only then would the Aris modem allow WAN access to the WRT110. Comcast tech support won't tell you this, either because they don't know or they simply don't care. Comcast is only concerned that their initial install worked (ie: if you change something, the problem is "on your end"). Unfortunately, Linksys tech support wasn't much help either.

Now, on to the router: It has worked *ok* for the past 3 months, but wireless range is TERRIBLE! I live in a ranch style home (2500 sq feet on each floor) with an unfinished basement. The WRT110 is in the basement, basically in the center of the house. The home is typical wood frame & drywall construction. On the main floor, I can never get better than 2 bars (even right above the router, a few feet away), yet I can get a much better signal from my neighbor's Apple Airport across the street, 300+ feet away! My previous router (Belkin wireless pre-N), provided twice the range of the WRT110, but it frequently dumped the connection.

In retrospect, I wish I would have spent $60 more and bought an Apple Airport Extreme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, no complaints, September 14, 2008
Nishant Agarwal (Simi Valley, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
- I do not have n adapters, only g in my desktop and all over the house in laptop, ps3, phones etc
- The speed is great, signal is great, much better than previous belkin router I had
- I can access office vpn and its very fast, sometimes seems faster than office :)
- The setup UI is easy, html based, and offers a host of options to choose from
- the router looks great, and even without antenna gives nice signal

1.0 out of 5 stars awful, January 27, 2009
Jonathan M. Nolen (Indianapolis, IN United States) - See all my reviews
I have had this router for about 3 months since my wrt54g died. i bought it because it seemed to be a step up from the wrt54g2 with out being ridiculous like the wrt160N. Since I've had it if more than two devices attempt to connect to it the router dies and I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get it to work again. I went to Linksys support and their forums are full of the exact same complaint with no word from Linksys one way or another. I think it's too late to take it back to the store I bought it from, so i'm out $70. I'm going to get the wrt54g2 tonight... no reports of the same problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars it DOES work with Comcast and Mac, April 10, 2008
The only other reviewer of this product rated it only 1 star because he said it did not wok with Comcast. Well, I have Comcast and it works just fine for me. I had to call tech support because I have a Mac and the router's start-up disc doesn't work with a Mac. I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with the lady and she had me up and running no problem. My issue had to do with my having an iMac, not Comcast. My only complaint so far is that there is no start-up disc for Mac users or no documentation in the packaging about being able to go to the Linksys website where it is very easy to install this product online . Linksys should really get with the program and start taking care of us Apple based consumers... Not all of us can afford the $179 and up for Air Port Extreme.

5.0 out of 5 stars Router w/ Great Range, May 19, 2008
The sleek internal antenna design and the lovely black finish gives the WRT110 style. Even so, the range boost allowed excellent connection 60 feet away with my wireless G adapter. Speed is descent. Fully compatible with my Time Warner Cable. Once this router is in your possession, I would greatly suggest you upgrade the firmware to fix any bug issues. Overall, not only does this router look nice, it gives you everything you need in a home network.

1.0 out of 5 stars A black eye for Linksys, December 27, 2009
I've used Linksys routers, both wired and wireless, for years. One unit failed after several years in service but other than that they have performed very well.

Until I bought this POS. It is advertised as a "RangePlus" wireless router. As I type this review my laptop is on a wooden table 25 feet from the router, which is on a wooden desk. We are the only 2 wireless devices for miles. The signal strength fluctuates constantly. It is impossible to run a VPN, it drops every minute or two. My connection speeds vary from 54 MBS to "out of range" within seconds.

Consulting the manual, updating the firmware, changing the settings, visiting the linksys support areas were all futile. I did learn that I am not alone; searching "linksys wrt110 signal fade" produces thousands of hits. The story is always the same - easy to set up, impossible to make it work reliably. Linksys apparently can't be bothered - there is no evidence of so much as an acknowledgment of the problem, much less an attempt to remedy it.

I am extremely disappointed in Linksys and as a result of my experience with this product I will be buying another wireless router - any brand but Linksys!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hopeful Fix, February 3, 2010
Roobs76 (Kapolei, HI USA) - See all my reviews
I, too, was experiencing the frequent dropped connections with this router which I lived through for the last 6+ months (despite many efforts to troubleshoot, upgrade firmware, play with settings, etc). When it dropped, it would kick off all three of our computers connected wirelessly and our VoIP adapter which was even connected via cable directly to the router. Sometimes it happened randomly, while other times it would happen when I would bring up my laptop running Vista from hibernation or normal power-up. Last week, I finally came across an online thread somewhere (sorry, can't remember where or what Google search string I used) that recommended un-checking the box for IPv6 in my "Wireless Network Connection" Properties on my Vista (and Windows 7) computers. Since I made those changes 1 week ago, we haven't experienced a single drop! And these drops used to happen multiple times a day. So, I'm hopeful this may have fixed the problem--will update if anything changes. Thought I would share this tip given that so many people have reported the same experience. Good luck.

1.0 out of 5 stars WRT110 JUNK, STAY AWAY, February 5, 2009
Easy set up. Drops off line constantly. I unsecured it and still drops off line. I was on the phone with tech support for hours- literally. Don't even talk to the Indian call center, they are all under-trained and your call will be dropped when they hit their training limit. The center in the Philippines is first class, quick and easy, very intelligent and highly training call center. However, they really can not correct this worthless product. They helped me with my Wireless Music Bridge which is a Bear to get and keep going. They have their own telephone prompt for this product and it goes directly to a special tech. DO NOT BUY THE WRT110. I would not buy another Linksys product. I mistakenly thought buying a Linksys router would help the WMB perform smoother- not...

1.0 out of 5 stars garbage, constantly dropping connections, April 29, 2009
This router is constantly dropping connections. I have it hooked up to my laptop, ps3 and 360 and all three connections will drop every hour or so. Occasionally the PS3 can't connect to it wirelessly at all and I have to switch to a wired connection. I've spent hours researching and I've tried all sorts of tricks to try and get this thing to work consistently to no avail. garbage

‹ Previous | 1 2 318 | Next ›