Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Linksys WRT120N Wireless-N Home Router
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 19, 2011
I used to always use Linksys routers for home and work. This router has totally ruined their good name in my mind. I won't be buying their products anymore. We have to reset the darn thing every few days. Newer firmware hasn't helped.
on October 9, 2011
This router most definitely does not live up to its name.

I chose it from a variety of routers because of its specs, and because Linksys is known to produce good routers. This one, however, seems to be "Cisco-Linksys", and something went wrong there. As soon as I plugged it in, I had internet connection. Nonetheless over the days my connection became intermitent, on and off all the time. I set up DHCP configuration, to give you an IP automatically. It does not work, I had to set up everything manually, something only one out of 20 people knows how to do. Especially annoying seeing as DHCP is enabled. Nothing is auto, all has to be done by hand. Signal is OK, but then again my house isn't all that big, and when I go outside, signal drops so I wouldn't recommend it for a building with several floors. Whenever friends come over I give them the password and none of them can connect, the router just rejects connections. Every now and then it doesn't even broadcast, it just says Connection Timeout. My roommate lost the receipt and I'm not going to fight over the phone for this junk. I'll go buy something else tomorrow (it's been one-two weeks with this Linksys), be it a Belkin or a proper Linksys router. They say if something is not broken don't try to fix it. I can see how my old Belkin was great. I end up having to tinker around the configuration page of this Linksys every day, I tried every configuration and none works normally.

Save yourself the trouble and buy a different router. This one does not connect properly, has low signal through floors, and the configuration doesn't even work right. Transmission rates are good, I get 1040 kb/s from my 10MB connection though. Useless however when it doesn't even let me make use of it!
on August 10, 2010
This is just my personal opinion which shouldn't be generalized, but I have a terrible terrible experience with the device. I never imagine that I write a review on Amazon. I lost irregular internet connection (on and off)for last 5 days, and first I thought that it's internet cable problems. The technician from my internet service, however, checked the internet, and the problems came from the router. I spoke to cisco technicians for roughly 4 hours (5times call, each took 50 mins)during last 24 hours, and still have same problem (conflict with internet cable modem). They finally approve the device replacement, but I am afraid if I have the same problem with the new device. The cisco technician also implied that this model has been causing lots of problems, and recommend another model e1000. In all, the router ruin my days, and I don't want to see any other victims like me anymore.
on June 7, 2011
For those of you who are dead set on ignoring the reviews and feedback here and buying this pile of monkey dung anyway, I do have a helpful pointer. If you want this thing to work at all, unplug it every day and let it rest for 12-15 hours. Then only plug it in when you need it. I wish I had visited Amazon before buying this spontaneously at a retailer. Shame on me. I can save you the headache. The first one of these I had worked okay for a little while, then intermittently, then not at all. After several exchanges with Cisco tech support, I was told a new router was in order. As you might expect, Cisco will not let you upgrade or improve on the offal you just bought, they will only exchange it for you for the same one. So, I got another plastic doorstop a week or two later. It had the same problem. I got a tech that actually knew what she was talking about this time, but it only helped temporarily. This thing only functions with any regularity if it can carry the internet yolk for you a couple/three hours a day max. Even then, be diligent about not asking it to split devices. It'll work sporadically as a wireless device for one item (say, a laptop), but don't ask this poor lazy excuse for a router to also supply a phone or a desktop at the same time. It'll get tired and poop out on you. Cisco should be ashamed.
on July 23, 2013
Ive have this type of router they claimed to be selling me. They sent a newer model, and it was used. horrible seller scratched up router, the cd to setup the router was scratched and the case it came in was all torn up. I love cisco and linksys but this is very discouraging
on March 13, 2016
After 2 years we had connection problems with it. Finally the 3rd year in and the unit bricked itself. Not repsonsive. All lights constantly on. Reset button didn't work. Powering off, waiting 15 minutes, powering on didn't work either. Visiting 192.168.1.1 address didn't work. Thing just bricked itself. The previous Linksys router did the same thing. Why is LinkSys so popular? Is it because the CISCO brand is behind it? I'm constantly having to unplug and plug in linksys routers.
on January 28, 2010
I was in a hurry to purchase a router since my old AT&T unit stopped working. The store advised this Linksys over other units. What a mistake. Initially couldn't connect with my older Dell XP. Customer support states they really don't support Dell. Talked me into spending $9.99 to set up my Linksys. As other posters state the unit has to be unplugged and plugged many times. Then I find out that my $9.99 was only good for 24 hours. I spent $9.99 three times and this last time I discarded the unit and purchased a Netgear N150. What a breath of fresh air. Free support for 6 months therefore I did not even bother to set it up myself. My Mac Laptop and Desktop was set up as well even though the Macs went up quickly by myself. The Netgear is twice as fast as the Linksys. Has a warrantee as well. The reason why I gave this Linksys one star is because I was forced to. Well, it is a pretty router. So if anyone wants to buy one you can put it on display in your bathroom. I am so aggravated I wasted $65 plus the support charges. The company is the pits. Keep in mind the unit will work for two or three weeks. This is probably why there are some good reviews.
on July 5, 2015
It does what it's supposed to do, most of the time. Under heavy load (transferring large files between devices), it's known to drop connections all around, requiring a hard reset, due to a chipset bug that can't be fixed.

The draft 802.11n support is surprisingly compatible with every modern device in my home while maintaining compatibility with the old stuff too.

The interface is okay, better than some others I've seen, but could use some polishing. Unfortunately, open source firmware is out of the question.

I'm able to use it to run my virtualization server without too many issues, other than that beaconing issue in the chipset, and the range isn't half bad.
on October 15, 2011
I've been using this router for over 9 months now, and it is a total headache!

Even though it has great speed (802.11n) and range, it ALWAYS disconnects the Internet if the router is idle for a few minutes. And I know is the router, because when I unplug it and put the Internet directly to the PC, it never gets disconnected. As soon as I use the router, it keeps disconnecting me. To make things worst, to restore the Internet back, I HAVE to unplug the electricity (if I unplug only the LAN cable and plug it back, it won't work), wait for 10 seconds, and plug the electricity back, every 10-15 minutes.

I am not going to say I am an expert at networks, but I know how to configure it. I hate using DHCP because when a problem happens with the network, I know who is causing it by its IP, so that is why I assign to each of my devices a specific IP. I also configure the Internet IP, the Mask, the Gateway and the DNS manually to avoid any problems and to verify the router is not getting any addresses wrong, but it's no use; it always disconnects. I even try to let the router pull the configuration from the modem, but nothing works. It's only the router disconnecting itself no no apparent reason.

So please, do not buy this router, look for something better. It is not worth your time to consider it.
on September 2, 2015
I've had no problems with it for over 2.5 years. A friend gave it to me since he never used it and I needed it when my older one died. However, I just upgraded my internet speed to 60 Mbps down/4 Mbps up. This Router's wi-fi best downloadable speed is maxed at 24 Mbps down. So, I'm searching for a faster Router even though this one still works within it's specs. Upgrade one thing and suddenly one needs to upgrade other things. 'Tis the cost of technology/wanting better internet. Frankly, I think Companies should provide better and faster equipment without cutting corners. I'd rather pay more and have fewer hassles less often. I'm not looking forward to searching for my next Router. Suggestions for my next Router?