Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Linksys WRT54GL Wi-Fi Wireless-G Broadband Router
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Capacity: 54GL|Change

on December 9, 2012
I've bought 2 of these. The first one i bought plugged it in and had perfect internet for a year until lightning struck near my house and fried it. That was about a year ago. I bought another one one plugged it in and have enjoyed perfect internet ever since.
on March 29, 2016
This was one of the easiest routers I've ever setup, it took < 30 minutes and probably could have been done in < 15 minutes. I entered my wireless settings and even configured an open SSL VPN.
on June 10, 2015
My brother is a net tech and he ordered this for me. It works GREAT!
on April 23, 2009
This is a very good router out of the box, but those who are technically savvy will be able to get a lot more out of it. I've installed an open-source firmware called OpenWrt (openwrt.org) onto this router, and I am very happy with my setup. I don't mean for this to be a review of OpenWrt, so I'll just say that because this router has such excellent compatibility with third party firmware, I am able to do things I could never do with any standard router.
on May 20, 2009
I had never set up a wireless internet connection. Set it up and everything seemed ok. Connection stopped working within 24 hours. Called Linksys and they made me pay $9.99 just to have them walk me through it and when it did not work they remotely accessed my computer. Had to call back and they walked me through it this time or were going to charge me another $9.99. Product seemed ok but they are bleeding people dry with their customer service.
on November 4, 2006
I have tried several different brand routers, like Netgear and D-Link, and had hiccups here and there, but this router has never had to reset on me. I, of course, changed the firmware to one that is open source, and by doing that I opened up a huge assortment of options you would only get if you purchased a more expensive router. Trust me, this is your one stop router. You will definitely not need another router until WiMAX is released, even then this will be the best one to have within your home.
on January 10, 2012
This is not the first Cisco-Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router I own. I've had a great experience with Linksys in the past so when decided to upgrade to a newer version, opted for this one. Very easy to install and set up.
on July 4, 2009
Before I purchased the Linksys router, I was using a Netgear. After having it for a couple of years it started to go haywire. I was constantly being dropped from the internet and my son was having problems staying on...even with a ethernet cable plugged directly into the router! Now, with Linksys, there are none of these issues. It was easy to install, the signal is strong, and the best part is...there is free tech support!! Yeah!! :D
on July 7, 2010
This router is actually the older version of the WRT-54G that had upgraded RAM from the current WRT-54G series. The router is also Linux compatible and allows the user to install his own firmware.

If you don't care about these features (most people will not), then this router should still interest you. The install CD is very easy to use and gives clear instructions for installation. I have had very few issues with this device.
on February 19, 2012
I replaced an identical router with this one after the old one finally started disconnecting frequently. Hope this one lasts as long as the old one.

The second router starting giving me disconnects after a few months and after about one year stopped working altogether. I replaced it with a Cisco router and am hoping for the best.