5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price and Worked right out of the box
Ordered this to work with a Belkin dual band router and was able to get it to work right out of the box with no issues. Easy to setup and use. Vendor shipped it fast and I will probably purchase another one or two to go with the new router.
Published on July 27, 2012 by Buzzsaw

UPDATE 1 Month: At this point I have lowered my review to 1 star. The adapter deteriorated exactly as expected. I am returning this to Amazon.

Published 22 months ago by Josh

1.0 out of 5 stars LOOK at the reviews for a NEW one FIRST. You'll see this adapter is unreliable. I'm regretting this purchase., November 19, 2012
This review is from: Cisco Linksys AE2500 USB WiFi Wireless Dual-Band Adapter 802.11n - Factory Refurbished (Personal Computers)

Right now I've only used this adapter a week, and there has been 4 disconnects. If you check out reviews on Newegg, Amazon, and Cnet for a new one of these adapters, you'll quickly find a trend; this adapter overheats and disconnects. It especially happens when you are utilizing high traffic, aka, when you need it to stay connected the most (streaming netflix/hulu, downloading, online gaming, etc.) I wish I had listened to the reviews I read on the pages selling the new adapters because now I KNOW from experience that the heat degradation will continue to compound and it will only get worse and worse. I was being naive in thinking that "refurbished" actually meant the company fixed the fidelity issues regarding this adapter, and are now selling "fixed" versions. If one week has me giving this 3 stars, I wonder what one month will have me thinking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price and Worked right out of the box, July 27, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Factory Refurbished Cisco Linksys AE2500 Dual-Band Wireless-N USB Adapter, April 8, 2013
The adapter is the right size and well built. It installs easily. This is where it stops. There appears to be some kind of flaw that causes the adapter to stop performing when it gets warm. The speed will drop to 10 Mbps or below and requires "repair" or restart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great., June 13, 2012
I'm getting a reliable 20 + Megs through this adapter. Work wonderfully and for the price you can't beat it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refurbished....but works well, June 28, 2012
I was very disappointed when I received this product to find that it was labeled refurbished, given that it wasn't stated in the description!

That issue aside, this unit works very well, and is a great price. I saw it at Best Buy for $50. Another reviewer mentioned only getting 20Mbps from this, but that is probably just their internet connection speed, which should be much lower than the transmission speed of this device. I am getting 130Mbps using single-band N from two rooms away, which is twice as fast as my 3-month old laptop.

1.0 out of 5 stars It is not what I expected it to be., July 5, 2013
It was fine for the first 2 days then it started dropping signal every 5-10 minutes. Waste of 11 dollars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Get a USB Y cable if yours disconnects constantly, June 17, 2013
I bought this to connect an old laptop to stream high bit-rate video more reliably. That did not work as expected. This thing does provide good transfer speed, given decent connection strength, but it would not stay connected. It would effectively become "disconnected" from the computer and you have to plug it out and then replug into the USB port to regain connection. This would happen in the midst of streaming video, and it would sometimes do so multiple times in an hour.

Now that seems like it deserves zero or negative stars even, but I still gave it 3 stars because the solution was really easy and cheap for me. Suspecting that it may be failing when it was not able to draw sufficient power out of the USB port, I got an USB Y cable for less than 5 bucks (this is what I got: http://www.amazon.com/OEM-UTStarcom-USB-Adapter-Cable/dp/B002W8EDOM/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1371457078&sr=8-5&keywords=usb+y+cable), and after getting it to draw power from two USB ports, I have never had a single disconnect. So for around 15-20 bucks (including the cost of Y cable), this is still a cheap way to give your device decent wireless connection, but it doesn't work reliably out of the box. I believe that those that intend to use it for mostly low-bandwidth applications, such as web browsing, music streaming, etc probably wouldn't face this problem. But if you use this for something more heavy duty, I think you'll suffer disconnects as well, and if so, try a Y-cable.

FYI, an USB Y-cable is an USB extension cable that is designed to plug to two USB ports at one end and to the USB device on the other end. These cables exist because many devices (external hard drive, smartphones, etc) designed to be powered via a USB port simply requires more power than a single USB port can provide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great! Right price. Perfect for streaming NetFlix movies to TV., November 25, 2012
Robert D. Jarvis (Fairfield, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I had wanted to get one with a base so I could position for maximum reception but I made do with an USB 2 high speed extension cable and a pencil cup to hold it in place. Works great for streaming Netflix to my TV and is handy for use on my older HP mini that I take on trips. Very good, I do have a Cisco with the base for one of my other computers and they are excellent products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Satisfied, July 27, 2012
The adapter arrived quickly and was very easy to set up. I followed the instructions, placed the cd that came with it in the computer prior to connecting the adapter and everything worked great. The product shows no signs of prior use and has been working well since we installed it. Very good solution for our needs. We don't have any walls to go through to connect to our wireless network,but we are getting full bars about 25 ft. away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, July 12, 2012
It is a great product with a very good price. I know it is a factory refurbished item, but it works great as a new one.

Rate and Discover Movies